Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

10-18-2017, 01:20 AM   #1
88silverbullet
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

I got to install my jb4 and rev3 Sunday and I?ve come to notice a few issues. It seems that i have lost a few of my features such as
*M view head up display (it?s no longer listed as an option on settings)
*Both M1 & M2 buttons. I have to manually select my options every time I turn on my car. (M buttons just flash on cluster when I press either button) Btw, on my settings the M1 & M2 are already set to my favor.
*Sports display (gauges) are no longer listed as option on my settings.
*M badges on seats have a soft buzzing noise when turned on. This only happens for about 2 seconds max than goes away followed by lights shutting off a few seconds later. (I really don?t know if this is new or already been happening but I just noticed this)

Jb4 has yet to show any activity on Bluetooth rev3 gauges. I have registered and logged in, followed by choosing all my options on settings. When I go to gauges, the only gauge that shows any activity is the Map gauge (shows Map2) Everything else has 0 activity. Even with motor running or idle.
No power gains.Everything is connected correctly. I disconnected the battery when installing.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 02:54 AM   #2
kerm1t
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP Stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88silverbullet View Post
I got to install my jb4 and rev3 Sunday and I?ve come to notice a few issues. It seems that i have lost a few of my features such as
*M view head up display (it?s no longer listed as an option on settings)
*Both M1 & M2 buttons. I have to manually select my options every time I turn on my car. (M buttons just flash on cluster when I press either button) Btw, on my settings the M1 & M2 are already set to my favor.
*Sports display (gauges) are no longer listed as option on my settings.
*M badges on seats have a soft buzzing noise when turned on. This only happens for about 2 seconds max than goes away followed by lights shutting off a few seconds later. (I really don?t know if this is new or already been happening but I just noticed this)

Jb4 has yet to show any activity on Bluetooth rev3 gauges. I have registered and logged in, followed by choosing all my options on settings. When I go gauges, the only gauge that shows any activity is the Map gauge (shows Map2) Everything else has 0 activity. Even with motor running or idle.
No power gains.Everything is connected correctly. I disconnected the battery when installing.
This doesn't seem normal. Did you update to correct firmware?

I would try disconnect jb4 and see if everything comes back.

99% of the time there's something wrong with the install

Btw the seat buzz is common. I have it too
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 03:10 AM   #3
Lee808
Out in the middle of the sea
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

2nd On the seat buzzing. Doesn’t do t all the time but it Happens a lot. double check your OBDII connection. Something is not right here. Take pictures of your blue tooth install. If you can’t connect maybe the tap didn’t pierce the power cable. Or maybe the jumper wire didn’t make contact with the positap. Seems weird. Be sure to keep us updated
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 09:48 AM   #4
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

When you disconnect the battery sometimes those things stop working for a day or two, might just fix itself. Not getting any OBDII CANbus data though could indicate an issue with the OBDII cable or connection.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 10:05 AM   #5
88silverbullet
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee808 View Post
2nd On the seat buzzing. Doesn’t do t all the time but it Happens a lot. double check your OBDII connection. Something is not right here. Take pictures of your blue tooth install. If you can’t connect maybe the tap didn’t pierce the power cable. Or maybe the jumper wire didn’t make contact with the positap. Seems weird. Be sure to keep us updated
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
When you disconnect the battery sometimes those things stop working for a day or two, might just fix itself. Not getting any OBDII CANbus data though could indicate an issue with the OBDII cable or connection.

Mike
When I open jb4 app, it does show that's its able to connect and it does. What it doesn't do is show any activity whatsoever on any of the gauges.
I agree with he issue being more related to the obdII connection or cable. I will check things over tonight when I get home.
I am a little bummed out about the M features gone missing. Is this unheard of? I tried searching my problems before posting anything but I couldn't find any or sufficient info.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 04:26 PM   #6
Lee808
Out in the middle of the sea
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee808 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post

Mike
When I open jb4 app, it does show that's its able to connect and it does. What it doesn't do is show any activity whatsoever on any of the gauges.
I agree with he issue being more related to the obdII connection or cable. I will check things over tonight when I get home.
I am a little bummed out about the M features gone missing. Is this unheard of? I tried searching my problems before posting anything but I couldn't find any or sufficient info.
After logging in and creating an account it should show information on the gauges right away. If all the connections are good, then it?s possible you may have a faulty unit.
The Grey connectors from the JB4 can seem like they are connected but may be loose if they grey part is not in all the way.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 08:50 PM   #7
88silverbullet
Private First Class
Rep

Good and bad news

Jb4 is now active and showing activity on all gauges. I'll be taking it out for a spin soon and see if all is working properly. Like mentioned above, it was related to obdII connection. Somehow during installation, I must've pulled the wire too much and caused to disconnect.
Unfortunately my m options are still not available. Hopefully it'll work itself out. Has anybody ever had his happen to them or heard of happening to others?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 11:30 PM   #8
88silverbullet
Private First Class
Rep

So I finally got out for a test run and I must say, I'm not very impressed. I feel something is off, maybe I'm on the wrong map?
Also, when jb4 is active my exhaust cracks & burbles are significantly quieter. What gives?
When jb4 is at map0 this things sounds wild and aggressive AF!
As for mods I have charge pipes down pipes and spark plugs gapped at .018, running map 2.
Here's my first log. What do you guys think?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 08:49 AM   #9
whoop_ass
Captain
Rep
Drives: non

Something def not right
post csv, your boost drops to 15 psi and your timing has take a proper Shit.
not sure if its install fault or faulty unit.

something way off for sure.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 08:53 AM   #10
TurboSid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4Cx BSM/FR

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
M1 and M2 should come back after 10-20 min of driving.

If they aren't back yet I would go to the official JB4 forums if you haven't already. And have them check your logs as well.

2022 BSM/FR M4 Competition X-Drive
2017 MW/SO M4 ZCP [SOLD] • 2015 MW/SO M4 M-DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2011 AW/CR 335is DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2008 AW/CR 335i 6MT FBO [SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 10:47 AM   #11
88silverbullet
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoop_ass View Post
Something def not right

I did install new plugs gapped .018
Would this have anything to do with this situation?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 10:48 AM   #12
88silverbullet
Private First Class
Rep

Csv chart
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 02:15 PM   #13
whoop_ass
Captain
Rep
Drives: non

Quote:
I did install new plugs gapped .018
Would this have anything to do with this situation?
nope not at all.
post over at n54tech and see if they can help.
maybe take jb4 off and revert back to stock and see if the car is fine.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 03:04 PM   #14
Yas__Plz
Daily Driven
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Yas Marina M4

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Csv chart
      10-19-2017, 03:08 PM   #15
88silverbullet
Private First Class
Rep

Lol I'll try to upload a better picture from my computer later today.
Appreciate 1
Yas__Plz196.50
      10-20-2017, 10:31 AM   #16
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Lol I'll try to upload a better picture from my computer later today.
We don't need the picture, we need the CSV file attached. But I second the guy above on posting to n54tech support forum as that is where the BMS pros hang out.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2017, 05:24 PM   #17
kerm1t
Captain
Rep

Quote:
So I finally got out for a test run and I must say, I'm not very impressed. I feel something is off, maybe I'm on the wrong map?
Also, when jb4 is active my exhaust cracks & burbles are significantly quieter. What gives?
As for mods I have charge pipes down pipes and spark plugs gapped at .018, running map 2.
Yea something definitely doesn't look right. What gas are you running? Looks like your misfiring.

I just did a pull on 4th and looks like this.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2017, 05:26 PM   #18
kerm1t
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoop_ass View Post
Something def not right

how is his preboost so high while his trims and ign is taking a dump? My zcp on map 2 occasionally hits 22psi and were in the same city.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2017, 06:35 PM   #19
88silverbullet
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerm1t View Post
Quote:
Yea something definitely doesn't look right. What gas are you running? Looks like your misfiring.

I'm running 91 as always.
I've been going back and forth with BMS and they mentioned that I need to update my firmware because it looks like map2 is to aggressive for my fuel.
I updated last night but didn't have time for a run. I'll take her out for a spin this weekend and log.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2017, 07:03 PM   #20
kerm1t
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I've been going back and forth with BMS and they mentioned that I need to update my firmware because it looks like map2 is to aggressive for my fuel.
I updated last night but didn't have time for a run. I'll take her out for a spin this weekend and log.
Yea that's definitely part of the problem. Map 2 isn't recommended on 91.

Put 3gal of e85 or 100octane and try relogging

Try map 1 logs too
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2017, 07:36 PM   #21
88silverbullet
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yea that's definitely part of the problem. Map 2 isn't recommended on 91.

Put 3gal of e85 or 100octane and try relogging
I guess I figured since with my N55 I mostly ran e85/91 mix & occasionally straight 91 both on map2 and always ran straight beast, The S55 wouldn't be that different. Guess I was wrong!
I'll upload logs this weekend! Hopefully that does the trick.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2017, 10:58 PM   #22
88silverbullet
Private First Class
Rep

Ok guys, so I added 3gal of E85 and topped off 91.
Here's 2 logs on map2. Let me know your thoughts.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0