ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

05-05-2015, 12:17 AM   #1
harrisch
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Got my car...got a question

Well.... I finally got my MG F80 and all I can really say at this point is

Props to my CA Patrick at BMW of Rochester - he was a pleasure to work with, and really cared about me and my experience with BMW - he took a sincere and no BS approach to the whole process and Im excited to be dealing with him

I did love my previous car so here is a farewell pic of her before the drooly goodness that is the m3

And now for the beast....that bulge makes me bulge

The car is phenomenal.... the clutch is super smooth - didnt know how id feel about the rev matching but for every day driving its actually pretty awesome.....the seats are awesome, it looks badass, it sounds badass.... it is, badass.

maybe even dangerously so - following break in procedures and driving pretty gently i found myself - lets call it "exceeding the speed limit" quite a bit

man is this thing gonna get me in trouble.

Question:
ive driven the car around 60 miles since i picked it up this evening, and ive been parking behind my brothers car on my driveway and have noticed that the front parking sensors do not seem to work when im in first gear.... when i switch into reverse the front sensors immediately start beeping and it shows me the distances where the rearview camera comes up, it seems like the rear sensors work fine when im in reverse....code this be a coding issue? Im gonna go back to the dealer tomorrow and ask about it.... until then if anyone can chime in that would be greatly appreciated - otherwise, heres a pic i took of the car once i got home

I promise ill post some better pics once i get my SLR out - my dad took a couple shots today but i dont have those pics yet -- it was getting pretty dark and i really just wanted to drive.... but ill deliver soon

one more for the road:

Appreciate 1
      05-05-2015, 12:32 AM   #2
DocWeatherington
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisch View Post
Well.... I finally got my MG F80 and all I can really say at this point is

Props to my CA Patrick at BMW of Rochester - he was a pleasure to work with, and really cared about me and my experience with BMW - he took a sincere and no BS approach to the whole process and Im excited to be dealing with him

I did love my previous car so here is a farewell pic of her before the drooly goodness that is the m3

And now for the beast....that bulge makes me bulge

The car is phenomenal.... the clutch is super smooth - didnt know how id feel about the rev matching but for every day driving its actually pretty awesome.....the seats are awesome, it looks badass, it sounds badass.... it is, badass.

maybe even dangerously so - following break in procedures and driving pretty gently i found myself - lets call it "exceeding the speed limit" quite a bit

man is this thing gonna get me in trouble.

Question:
ive driven the car around 60 miles since i picked it up this evening, and ive been parking behind my brothers car on my driveway and have noticed that the front parking sensors do not seem to work when im in first gear.... when i switch into reverse the front sensors immediately start beeping and it shows me the distances where the rearview camera comes up, it seems like the rear sensors work fine when im in reverse....code this be a coding issue? Im gonna go back to the dealer tomorrow and ask about it.... until then if anyone can chime in that would be greatly appreciated - otherwise, heres a pic i took of the car once i got home

I promise ill post some better pics once i get my SLR out - my dad took a couple shots today but i dont have those pics yet -- it was getting pretty dark and i really just wanted to drive.... but ill deliver soon

one more for the road:

Welcome to the family.

You have to hit the Camera/Parking sensor button near the shifter while in forward gear for the system to work vs. in reverse it's automatic. Also you will see the setting options on I-drive once its up, if you need to change things. But it should work, just buy hitting the button.

I know you can code the sensors but I don't know if you can code it for 1st gear to be automatic.

Get those 1200 miles covered, and again... Welcome you won't miss your IS until after your warranty/ free maintenance is up.. lol

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 12:37 AM   #3
harrisch
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWeatherington View Post
Welcome to the family.

You have to hit the Camera/Parking sensor button near the shifter while in forward gear for the system to work vs. in reverse it's automatic. Also you will see the setting options on I-drive once its up, if you need to change things. But it should work, just buy hitting the button.

I know you can code the sensors but I don't know if you can code it for 1st gear to be automatic.

Get those 1200 miles covered, and again... Welcome you won't miss your IS until after your warranty/ free maintenance is up.. lol

ah thanks for the info - ill give that a try in the morning --- for now i must try to sleep - which is incredibly difficult to do knowing theres an m3 waiting for me to wake up and drive it haha

as far as the warranty/maintenance period comment....

ill probably be buying the extended warranty and coverage - beyond that, i really dont want to think about it

thanks for the welcome - im planning on a pretty long trip this upcoming weekend to go rock climbing and ill be sure to take lots of pics - if people are willing to put up with pictures of a stock car of course
Appreciate 1
      05-05-2015, 01:06 AM   #4
DocWeatherington
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisch View Post
ah thanks for the info - ill give that a try in the morning --- for now i must try to sleep - which is incredibly difficult to do knowing theres an m3 waiting for me to wake up and drive it haha

as far as the warranty/maintenance period comment....

ill probably be buying the extended warranty and coverage - beyond that, i really dont want to think about it

thanks for the welcome - im planning on a pretty long trip this upcoming weekend to go rock climbing and ill be sure to take lots of pics - if people are willing to put up with pictures of a stock car of course
Hmm... the M is disappointed .. sitting outside in the cold.. all by itself..
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 01:17 AM   #5
harrisch
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWeatherington View Post
Hmm... the M is disappointed .. sitting outside in the cold.. all by itself..
you friend.........are undeniably correct.

DocWeatherington > <Me

Appreciate 1
      05-05-2015, 09:35 AM   #6
AlpineE92M3
Currently Driving
Rep
Drives: BPM tuned '13 AW ZCP E92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
I see ur in Rochester. I saw ur car in the back lot after it was delivered. I go up there weekly. They have had quite a few M4's recently, so I test drove one. I was about to trade in my M3 for a new M4 there, but after talking with Nick Demarco( sales manager), waiting for the '16 to put the order in. We should meet up sometime. Not very many local Rochestarians on the forums. lol
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 09:43 AM   #7
Lalit@autocouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Tributo, Superfast, M5cs

Congrats!
Appreciate 1
      05-05-2015, 09:53 AM   #8
j997tt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M DGM/SO

Beautiful car. Enjoy!
      05-05-2015, 03:45 PM   #9
harrisch
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalit@AUTOcouture View Post
Congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by j997tt View Post
Beautiful car. Enjoy!
thanks guys - already got 200 miles in since yesterday -- 1000 to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineE92M3 View Post
I see ur in Rochester. I saw ur car in the back lot after it was delivered. I go up there weekly. They have had quite a few M4's recently, so I test drove one. I was about to trade in my M3 for a new M4 there, but after talking with Nick Demarco( sales manager), waiting for the '16 to put the order in. We should meet up sometime. Not very many local Rochestarians on the forums. lol
Haha yup in rochester.... ive been going to the dealership pretty regularly too - initially prolly just bugging them about when my car would get here and now going back to tell them how awesome it is haha - i took patrick for a ride to the DMV to get my plate surrender forms for my trade in today, it was his first ride in a customer car and needless to say he was impressed Nick and Patrick both did a really good job working with me and i was very satisfied with their customer service....

there is another MG F80 but it is a DCT on 19s....I was at little speed shop today and apparently that car is going to be tracked... ive also seen a black F80 also on 19s and was talking to another of the sales rep who sold that car and unfortunately somebody keyed his quarter panel - feel bad for the guy - i hope i dont have any issues.... the day before i picked my car up a black F83 flew by me at the 390/590 junction and as you can imagine it just got me even more excited for my car

Id love to meet up sometime - im pretty free anytime - shoot me a PM if you wanna figure something out
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 06:53 PM   #10
MrMoo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 M50i

I had this exact same question when i took delivery of mine. Your lexus beeps when it gets too close to something in front of it doesn't it? My merc did and my parents Lexus does too. Not sure why you have to press the button with BMW's system but no way around it from what I have seen/read.

I asked the dealership too but no options to code this in, unless there's a special dodgy code :P
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 09:27 PM   #11
harrisch
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMoo View Post
I had this exact same question when i took delivery of mine. Your lexus beeps when it gets too close to something in front of it doesn't it? My merc did and my parents Lexus does too. Not sure why you have to press the button with BMW's system but no way around it from what I have seen/read.

I asked the dealership too but no options to code this in, unless there's a special dodgy code :P

only thing i can think of is that it would be pretty annoying in traffic/coming up to red lights with a car in front of you.... now that i know you have to press the button i dont mind it so much coz i just use it to park and then engine off anyway...

this is my first car with parking sensors so i didnt know what to expect
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2015, 12:33 AM   #12
sseuorosal
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw

I saw ur car in the back lot after it was delivered. I go up there weekly.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2015, 08:33 PM   #13
harrisch
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sseuorosal View Post
I saw ur car in the back lot after it was delivered. I go up there weekly.

haha nice, whatre you driving currently? i ran into an e46 m3 earlier today and said hello to the guy and he introduced me to one of the local forums.... gonna potentially meet up with Alpine at some point too once my break in is done
Appreciate 0