R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

12-04-2017, 06:44 AM   #1277
Regulator07
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3, 2015 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydick View Post
Could you elaborate on the error?

If your car is MY18, it could be that you are not using the proper cheat. MY18 requires different settings. If you are running a MY18 or older, ensure you are using the older cheat.

Also need to ensure you are running Esys 3.27 or newer. I had issues and moved to 3.28 and it addressed my issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator07 View Post
I am getting an error when I try to edit fdl. VO coding works fine with no errors but then when I try to edit fdl it gives me an error that says something along the lines of cant code. Is this related to choosing "read SVT" rather than "read ECU"? That's the only difference I can see from when I did coding before.
I am using esys 3.28.1, launcher 2.7.1 and psdz data 63.1. I have a MY2018 M3. I didn't take a screenshot of the error but will next time I code. Essentially I get to step 24 in the instructions posted here and get an error when I select "edit fdl"

I don't think it's related to the code sheet since I haven't even made it there yet to use it.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2017, 07:35 AM   #1278
Regulator07
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3LOLJK View Post
Entire ECU is missing ? I coded FLA and FEMBODY back to default and it looks like it's working accordingly...how much I missed the auto leveling.
My only guess would be that you are not running engine or giving enough time to provide power/communication to all ECU's.

My next step would be scanning with ISTA+.
Engine was running. Not sure about giving it time. I know I wait for it to read code and then expand the CAFD to see the yellow lettered cafd that then I right click and select edit fdl. That's when the error pops up. Will get a pic when I try to code it again.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2017, 08:38 AM   #1279
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Engine was running. Not sure about giving it time. I know I wait for it to read code and then expand the CAFD to see the yellow lettered cafd that then I right click and select edit fdl. That's when the error pops up. Will get a pic when I try to code it again.
If "not found [C012]" error when read you must update PSdZ.
If runtime error when edit FDL, then switch to E-sys 3.27.1 or manually load in FDL-Editor.

I will check out picture when you post.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2017, 09:48 AM   #1280
Regulator07
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
If "not found [C012]" error when read you must update PSdZ.
If runtime error when edit FDL, then switch to E-sys 3.27.1 or manually load in FDL-Editor.

I will check out picture when you post.
Thanks. Will work on it tonight. Is 63.1 the latest psdz?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2017, 01:34 PM   #1281
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. Will work on it tonight. Is 63.1 the latest psdz?
Yes. 63.2 is not released yet.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2017, 09:26 PM   #1282
taint
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

So in my F10 after I coded NGHB on the blue high beam indicator came one when it was working. Does this still happen in the newer vehicles? I have a MY18 F80, followed the directions and used the FDL cheat to program both FLE modules. Went for a drive on the highway south of town today and the blue light only came on when it went full bright on an exit ramp. Not sure if I need to VO code again and start from scratch since it doesn't seem to be functioning like I remember in my F10. Has it just been refined enough that it is less noticeable for the driver and the blue light no longer comes on?
      12-04-2017, 09:31 PM   #1283
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by taint View Post
So in my F10 after I coded NGHB on the blue high beam indicator came one when it was working. Does this still happen in the newer vehicles? I have a MY18 F80, followed the directions and used the FDL cheat to program both FLE modules. Went for a drive on the highway south of town today and the blue light only came on when it went full bright on an exit ramp. Not sure if I need to VO code again and start from scratch since it doesn't seem to be functioning like I remember in my F10. Has it just been refined enough that it is less noticeable for the driver and the blue light no longer comes on?
F010 is not possible to code NGHB, but let's set that aside.

The high beam light goes on whenever high beams are enabled. This includes lower speeds as well as NGHB. It does not matter if it is full brights or tunneling.

When using Launcher Cheat Codes, make sure you are using correct ones for given chassis.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2017, 09:47 PM   #1284
taint
United_States
Rep

Quote:
F010 is not possible to code NGHB, but let's set that aside.

The high beam light goes on whenever high beams are enabled. This includes lower speeds as well as NGHB. It does not matter if it is full brights or tunneling.

When using Launcher Cheat Codes, make sure you are using correct ones for given chassis.
That's strange. My 2014 F10 enabled NGHB fine with the installed LED lights, tunnelled, used one highbeam, ect. But as you said leaving that aside since I don't own it anymore...

I used the Launcher Cheat Codes that pmooiweer posted here for the F80. Not sure if it is working and the blue light doesn't come on anymore or I need to restart the process because it didn't take.
      12-04-2017, 10:02 PM   #1285
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I used the Launcher Cheat Codes that pmooiweer posted here for the F80. Not sure if it is working and the blue light doesn't come on anymore or I need to restart the process because it didn't take.
Coding does not change on its own. With an F8x, you must enable HBA each time you drive at night. And, it only engages when DA+ camera senses it appropriate. As to whether it was completely coded correctly, I would not know unless I analyzed vehicle files.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2017, 10:08 PM   #1286
taint
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Coding does not change on its own. With an F8x, you must enable HBA each time you drive at night. And, it only engages when DA+ camera senses it appropriate. As to whether it was completely coded correctly, I would not know unless I analyzed vehicle files.
Yeah, I think I f'd something up. Went for a long drive south of the city tonight, had the HBA active the whole time, and didn't see the blue light once until I was on an off ramp and went full high beams with no other cars around. I think I need to VO code FEM, KAFAS2, and both FLE again. Then FDL code both FLE again. Thanks!
      12-04-2017, 10:12 PM   #1287
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, I think I f'd something up. Went for a long drive south of the city tonight, had the HBA active the whole time, and didn't see the blue light once until I was on an off ramp and went full high beams with no other cars around. I think I need to VO code FEM, KAFAS2, and both FLE again. Then FDL code both FLE again. Thanks!

Let me know if you need me to confirm coding.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2017, 10:46 PM   #1288
taint
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3LOLJK View Post
Quote:
Add 5AP and 8S4 back into your FA, write to car, code FEMBODY, FLE, and KAFAS2. Don't FDL code, but code the ECU itself. There are how-to guides on changing the FA that go through it. After that you should be back to stock. Any other FDL coding you did on those ECUs would have to be redone after VO coding.
So I was able to VO code back the 5AP and 8S4 + code the FEMBODY. However, FLE and KAFAS2 are no where to be found. I'm using the same exact computer that I used to code the LEDs. Any idea whats going on ?

Edit: So it looks like FLA3 is to be used in lieu of FLE & KAFAS2 if the two cannot be found, is that accurate ?
Do you have TMS? Maybe your car build is prior to FLE.
      12-05-2017, 07:48 PM   #1289
taint
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Let me know if you need me to confirm coding.
I think I'm just a bonehead and messed it up last time. Worked fine tonight and changing byte 4 from 0C to 04 removed the side markers also. Not sure if changing from 00 to 04 May also have been the culprit.
      12-06-2017, 08:44 AM   #1290
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I think I'm just a bonehead and messed it up last time. Worked fine tonight and changing byte 4 from 0C to 04 removed the side markers also. Not sure if changing from 00 to 04 May also have been the culprit.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2017, 02:35 PM   #1291
Rid3r
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Quote:
Is there an actual guide to code this ... it's not in first post and i cant go through 59 pages lol
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2017, 06:00 PM   #1292
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rid3r View Post
Is there an actual guide to code this ... it's not in first post and i cant go through 59 pages lol
VO coding plus Launcher Cheat codes.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2017, 08:44 PM   #1293
taint
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rid3r View Post
I'm not sure if the MY18 F3X/8X have been updated in the launcher codes yet. I submitted it to the database, but don't think it has made it in yet. I can send my F80 launcher cheat code your way if you are interested and have a MY18 with FLE modules.
      12-08-2017, 10:50 AM   #1294
taint
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm not sure if the MY18 F3X/8X have been updated in the launcher codes yet. I submitted it to the database, but don't think it has made it in yet. I can send my F80 launcher cheat code your way if you are interested and have a MY18 with FLE modules.
My launcher cheat code was just uploaded to GitHub and it includes NGHB for MY18 F8X. I wrote it to remove the side markers, but in the text it explains how to change it to US Spec. Big thanks to pmooiweer who did the work on this!
      12-13-2017, 07:11 PM   #1295
pmooiweer
Zymurgist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 (F80)

Quote:
Yes, if you coded byte 4 to 00, NGHB doesn’t work reliably. I worked with someone else on the same problem. Setting byte 4 to 04 does enable NGHB and disables the side markers.
Appreciate 1
      12-13-2017, 11:48 PM   #1296
audioMeth
BTC maxi
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

no changes to LM_ID_LT04 and LM04_Name ?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 12:04 AM   #1297
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioMeth View Post
no changes to LM_ID_LT04 and LM04_Name ?
Only if you are changing sidemarkers.
Appreciate 1
audioMeth222.00
      12-14-2017, 09:50 AM   #1298
pmooiweer
Zymurgist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 (F80)

GFHB FDL Coding without FA changes

See attached for updated FDL coding cheat codes to enable GFHB and VLD for MY 2018 F80 and F82 chassis. I have added cheat codes for KAFAS and FEM_BODY that allow GFHB/VLD coding without having to first modify the FA and VO coding those ECUs. I've also added options to code FLE with or without sidemarkers (keep in mind that sidemarkers are required by US DOT and you risk getting a ticket if you disable them).

Applying the attached cheat codes for KAFAS and FEM_BODY accomplishes the same as VO coding those modules after removing 5AP and 8S4 from your FA. This way you can leave your FA unchanged (i.e. no need to remove 5AP and 8S4), not disturbing any coding you may have done for KAFAS and FEM_BODY. It also makes future software updates that expect factory FA settings easier (assuming you wrote FA changes back to your car).

As always, place the attached file in your Tokenmaster FDLcodes folder and remember to remove the PDF extension.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf FDLCodes - 2018 F80+F82 VLD and GFHB - V3.xml.pdf (18.6 KB, 253 views)
Appreciate 3