ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

11-28-2020, 06:49 PM   #1
garrettjusmc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F80

Fortune Auto Hand Built Suspension in Virginia

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hey Guys,

I recently wrote a thread about doing some mods to my current suspension setup, so I am not going to really get into that (that convo is here: https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1778979 )

I am initially impressed by what Fortune Auto makes for our cars and what can be done. I was wondering if anyone in here has had their suspension done by them, and wondering just how adjustable their dampening settings are. I think it is pretty neat there may be an American option, local I can visit, that could make and adjust a system for me. I am going to schedule an appointment to check them out.

So in summation, has anyone had their system made by them and what was your impressions on the quality and customer service?

thanks!

Last edited by garrettjusmc; 11-29-2020 at 02:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2020, 07:46 PM   #2
whitstap
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 15 f80 m3

Super legit guys they build awesome coilovers that have plenty of adjustability and can perform as well as anything on the market... they have built suspension for plenty of winning race cars (I used to drive one of their time attack Evo’s) and know how to set up street cars just as well you won’t be disappointed
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 09:22 AM   #3
garrettjusmc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitstap View Post
Super legit guys they build awesome coilovers that have plenty of adjustability and can perform as well as anything on the market... they have built suspension for plenty of winning race cars (I used to drive one of their time attack Evo’s) and know how to set up street cars just as well you won’t be disappointed

Thanks Whitsap!
Appreciate 1
      11-30-2020, 02:19 PM   #4
Djdnav
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I had a set of their 500 series coilovers on my evo as well, and they performed well.
      11-30-2020, 02:55 PM   #5
F80Speed77
Grid.Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

From what I understand the 510 is a big jump up in quality over the 500, good company who supports the community as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 06:35 PM   #6
shaddy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

I'm also thinking of going with one of Fortune Auto's sister companies Broadway Static. I've talked to a few F80 owners who have had them and they speak highly of them. I'm currently on KW V3 and looking to add some camber plates, but also considering getting a whole new setup for daily/track use. At the cost it would be to get camber plates, I could sell my KWs and buy Broadway. The cost would be similar and I'd get something with more track focus. They're also coming out with a camber plate that will be cheaper than existing GC/Vorshlag/Millway offerings which is another option
      11-30-2020, 07:15 PM   #7
garrettjusmc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaddy View Post
I'm also thinking of going with one of Fortune Auto's sister companies Broadway Static. I've talked to a few F80 owners who have had them and they speak highly of them. I'm currently on KW V3 and looking to add some camber plates, but also considering getting a whole new setup for daily/track use. At the cost it would be to get camber plates, I could sell my KWs and buy Broadway. The cost would be similar and I'd get something with more track focus. They're also coming out with a camber plate that will be cheaper than existing GC/Vorshlag/Millway offerings which is another option

That sounds like it would be cool setup. I am really after creating a setup that is super smooth. I am less interested in getting a track focus for my purposes and since they do custom stuff, I thought it would be worth investigating. That said, I am going to continue to tinker with my EDC with some software upgrades first. See if that answers the mail.
      11-30-2020, 07:21 PM   #8
Crazyprac
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Golf R & Evo 9

Had them on my brz and evo 9. Loved the idea of having a local shop to do possible rebuilds but never had the need to. Great quality for the price.
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2022, 04:43 AM   #9
28deeznutz
Good day!
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83 M4, F12 640I, X3 G01

Fortune Auto Coilovers are a solid piece of kit. Have them on my 911 Turbo S and fits like a dream with a moderately stiffer ride and great stance. I'd imagine it would be great on M3/M4s, in fact considering for mine.
Appreciate 0