BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

View Poll Results: Which date for the Chicago area F8x meet?
Sat. February 7 2 13.33%
Sun. February 8 2 13.33%
Sun. February 15 0 0%
Sat. February 21 1 6.67%
Sun. February 22 2 13.33%
Sat. February 28 1 6.67%
Sun. March 1 3 20.00%
Not interested / Wait until Spring 9 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

02-24-2015, 04:27 PM   #45
Fahrvergnügen
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: geo metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roki_014 View Post
sounds good, as long as you dont mind the 335, and i really want to see if i should move to the M side.
The more the merrier!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 04:58 PM   #46
eff 80
Private
Rep
Drives: MW/SS F80

I'm willing to help code on next meet, but please come prepared with a list of things you want from the f8x cheat sheet. Also on the basis of full liability indemnification if someone accidentally clicks the wrong button and needs a tow to reset ECU on a bricked car lol
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 03:50 PM   #47
Fahrvergnügen
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff 80 View Post
I'm willing to help code on next meet, but please come prepared with a list of things you want from the f8x cheat sheet. Also on the basis of full liability indemnification if someone accidentally clicks the wrong button and needs a tow to reset ECU on a bricked car lol
Nice, I will try to find that code sheet someone was sending around a while ago.

Is anyone going to Underground Autosports next Saturday March 7? Looks like they will have a dyno set up for a minimal fee and can browse the store.
http://www.windycitybmw.com/EventDetails.aspx?Id=188
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 08:34 PM   #48
eff 80
Private
Rep
Drives: MW/SS F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoM4 View Post
Nice, I will try to find that code sheet someone was sending around a while ago.

Is anyone going to Underground Autosports next Saturday March 7? Looks like they will have a dyno set up for a minimal fee and can browse the store.
I've only been to one of their events. Dyno might be worth the trip but if you're not looking to dyno, I wouldn't spend my Saturday there. There were alot of random vehicles including SUVs and Vans. Pretty sure they won't have much to purchase from that you wouldn't want to buy from IND or online from one of our sponsors here anyways.

On a separate note, my SS F80 buddy and I are going to stop by Design Shielding for a quote/chat on different Xpel options if you're down to join. Anytime this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 10:12 PM   #49
BigMo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BG on KO G80 Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff 80
Quote:

I've only been to one of their events. Dyno might be worth the trip but if you're not looking to dyno, I wouldn't spend my Saturday there. There were alot of random vehicles including SUVs and Vans. Pretty sure they won't have much to purchase from that you wouldn't want to buy from IND or online from one of our sponsors here anyways.

On a separate note, my SS F80 buddy and I are going to stop by Design Shielding for a quote/chat on different Xpel options if you're down to join. Anytime this weekend.
If it'll help with a group rate I'll get Xpel done from there too. I was going to get a quote from him anyways some time next month. My car is still about a month out but I'll commit if he gives all of us a decent price.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 08:23 AM   #50
Fahrvergnügen
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah count me in. Aren't those guys mobile or something? I'm not sure where their shop is. Saturday morning or Sunday works best for me.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2015, 06:26 PM   #51
Fahrvergnügen
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

It looks like marrk is also looking for clear bra. I was hoping to get as many of us together to get the best deal. I did some emailing back and forth with different vendors so far and below if what I got. I am still waiting on about 5-6 more responses.

Quotes are for partial/full using Xpel Ultimate unless otherwise noted. They are also full price (no discount applied yet)

Design Shielding (suntek): $650/$1,295
Carmel Tint: $795/$1,795
Darring's: $995/$1,895
Clear Guard: $680/$1,350
Body Skins: $775/$1,450
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2015, 06:43 PM   #52
saeba1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4 DCT

Garage List
Quote:
It looks like marrk is also looking for clear bra. I was hoping to get as many of us together to get the best deal. I did some emailing back and forth with different vendors so far and below if what I got. I am still waiting on about 5-6 more responses.

Quotes are for partial/full using Xpel Ultimate unless otherwise noted. They are also full price (no discount applied yet)

Design Shielding (suntek): $650/$1,295
Carmel Tint: $795/$1,795
Darring's: $995/$1,895
Clear Guard: $680/$1,350
Body Skins: $775/$1,450
You may want to check with Ivan at LUSTR @ http://lustrdetail.com/.
He does great work (just finished doing a full front on my M4).
      03-01-2015, 07:41 PM   #53
Fahrvergnügen
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeba1 View Post
You may want to check with Ivan at LUSTR @ http://lustrdetail.com/.
He does great work (just finished doing a full front on my M4).
Awesome, I will shoot an email to them.

Do you mind sharing about what you paid for a full frontal?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2015, 07:45 PM   #54
saeba1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4 DCT

Garage List
Quote:
Awesome, I will shoot an email to them.

Do you mind sharing about what you paid for a full frontal?

Thanks
I paid $1250 for the full frontal Xpel (full bumper, fender, hood and mirror covers).
      03-09-2015, 12:28 PM   #55
Fahrvergnügen
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roki_014 View Post
Are you guys going to have another meet? Anyone that can code the car?
Hi everyone, I wanted to invite everyone to come out for a Spring Meetup in Chicago. Please see my thread on Bimmerpost and vote here: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1100198

Thanks!
Appreciate 0