Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

02-09-2014, 09:13 AM   #67
TheDeliverator
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A Singularity

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
This made me lol hard.. Great movie!
Phew... was beginning to lose hope for this forum.

V1C / Bel STiR+ / Integrated mirror display / AD08r f255/35 r275/35
/ IND Euro Bumper / MP Splitters / MP Steering Wheel
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 09:15 AM   #68
jbockrd
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 Alpine White/Carbon M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tisme View Post
What are peoples view of the carbon fibre interior trim? I'm really tempted to change my M3 order to get it? I'd appreciate comments from anyone who has seen it. Thanks
Its awesome!!! worth getting does not look like a fake CF trim
      02-09-2014, 09:31 AM   #69
jbockrd
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 Alpine White/Carbon M3

I really didn't like the Matte exterior trim around the windows at that show., The Detroit cars had the high gloss shadowline trim which I thought looked cleaner and more fitting to the car. The CF rook is black and glossy, I'd think the trim should match . There is nothing else matte on that car, even the tires were glossy
      02-09-2014, 09:33 AM   #70
messm6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealStig View Post
What about the color? You are not reading my sentences. Look at the COLOR of the leather as well as coverage. When you picked EXTENDED (now full) fox red novillo in the current M3, this was what you got : http://i27.tinypic.com/34s5s06.jpg

You see how all of the leather is one color? Did you also look at my other post where I linked the M5 which was also the same way? Do you see anywhere any black leather like in the M3? In the M3, the glove compartment is black for example, so is HALF the leather on the doors. That's not how it was before.

So we are talking about two different things :

- The missing leather in the center console which is plastic now.
- The color of the leather in dash/console/doors.

This god aweful interior with the red still has black on the tops of the doors the whole dash and obviously other places.. The black is also clearly not leather and seems to be the standard plastic or whatever you would consider.. The F8X has those same areas in black leather with the Full
Leather option and contrast stitching which is a huge upgrade from the previous model.. If someone can't realize that then they are smoking some bad shit.. I look at the M5 every day and I'm not saying it's an M5 or M6 interior but it's getting closer.. Remember this car is an M3 and it's supposed to be a cross between performance and somewhat luxury.. For purists it's accomplishing what it's meant to be.. If you want luxury buy a 7 series and cruise around.. I love my 2011 E90 M3 but let's move on with technology.. This is a lighter, faster, much improved interior then the last and I'm excited..
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 09:40 AM   #71
RealStig
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by messm3 View Post
This god aweful interior with the red still has black on the tops of the doors the whole dash and obviously other places.. The black is also clearly not leather and seems to be the standard plastic or whatever you would consider.. The F8X has those same areas in black leather with the Full
Leather option and contrast stitching which is a huge upgrade from the previous model.. If someone can't realize that then they are smoking some bad shit.. I look at the M5 every day and I'm not saying it's an M5 or M6 interior but it's getting closer.. Remember this car is an M3 and it's supposed to be a cross between performance and somewhat luxury.. For purists it's accomplishing what it's meant to be.. If you want luxury buy a 7 series and cruise around.. I love my 2011 E90 M3 but let's move on with technology.. This is a lighter, faster, much improved interior then the last and I'm excited..
Thats all good but where I disagree with you and others is the use of words "huge upgrade". Its not a "huge upgrade" coming from a fully loaded E9X. It is an upgrade and it is better, but its not oh my god i am drooling better. There is still plastic all over the place, the back of front seats are all plastic, the air vents are made of same stuff heck even the door handles are same. A huge upgrade would be something really close to the M5. This is an 80k car. When I got in my M3 4 years ago after owning a 335, I was like WOW. I was amazed how different and better it was. Now i didnt feel that way, there were a grin on my face and it made smile but i wasnt jumping up and down saying i must have this car
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 09:49 AM   #72
messm6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealStig View Post
Thats all good but where I disagree with you and others is the use of words "huge upgrade". Its not a "huge upgrade" coming from a fully loaded E9X. It is an upgrade and it is better, but its not oh my god i am drooling better. There is still plastic all over the place, the back of front seats are all plastic, the air vents are made of same stuff heck even the door handles are same. A huge upgrade would be something really close to the M5. This is an 80k car. When I got in my M3 4 years ago after owning a 335, I was like WOW. I was amazed how different and better it was. Now i didnt feel that way, there were a grin on my face and it made smile but i wasnt jumping up and down saying i must have this car
I can appreciate that.. Maybe a huge upgrade was wrong but I point to my last statements and stick to them.. It's also only an 80k with every option and that's ones taste.. Someone can roll off the show room floor for 65k easily for this car.. That's about a 30k gap for a new M5 and 50k + gap from the M6 do you see my point? This car IMO still has one of the best value for the buy in the business hands down.. And let's face it if most people had 100k or 115-130k would they spend that on an m5 or M6? I sure as hell wouldn't when you can get better value for your money.. Just my opinion
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 10:04 AM   #73
RealStig
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I can appreciate that.. Maybe a huge upgrade was wrong but I point to my last statements and stick to them.. It's also only an 80k with every option and that's ones taste.. Someone can roll off the show room floor for 65k easily for this car.. That's about a 30k gap for a new M5 and 50k + gap from the M6 do you see my point? This car IMO still has one of the best value for the buy in the business hands down.. And let's face it if most people had 100k or 115-130k would they spend that on an m5 or M6? I sure as hell wouldn't when you can get better value for your money.. Just my opinion
Fair enough. You are right its a great value for money but i guess my point was for people who are coming out of an m3 lease or just selling their cars, it does not feel as big of an upgrade/change when you compare an e46 m3 to an e92 m3. I think my problem is i got used to this car and the jump in improvement so much that i wanted to same amount of increase in improvements and had high expectations. Driving an m5 a few times in the recent weeks also did not help matters because now i keep comparing the two and the m3 looks like a kids car right next to the m5
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 10:17 AM   #74
Chill72
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10 E92 M3 (RIP)

Quote:
I can appreciate that.. Maybe a huge upgrade was wrong but I point to my last statements and stick to them.. It's also only an 80k with every option and that's ones taste..
I agree with you, I think it is a huge improvement over E9X M3...I also think E46 interior is better than E9X.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 12:08 PM   #75
Crisis
process in working...
Germany
Rep
Drives: hopefully

Thumbs down

this is the same screen as in ugly M135i? Terribly at night...
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 12:15 PM   #76
Black Gold
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
I'd also like to have full leather covering everything, including the lower doors. and while we're at it, I'd like a year's worth of prepaid gas, an extra set of rear tires, and free gummy bears. but it isn't happening. this is still the 3-series. they need to leave something on the table for the 5-series (and 7-series) cars to have available that are exclusive to them.

I'm sorry, but this is one area where I think we should be more than satisfied with what they've offered relative to the last generation. it's a clear step forward I'm excited about.
Couldn't agree more
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #77
parky1215
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F90 M5C | G06 X6 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post

this is the same screen as in ugly M135i? Terribly at night...

They look totally different to me including the color (white backlight vs red).
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 12:27 PM   #78
Crisis
process in working...
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by parky1215 View Post
I mean the screen below
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 12:40 PM   #79
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis
Quote:
Originally Posted by parky1215 View Post
I mean the screen below
Yes, the same. Same as in the base 5 series too. And at one point, the seven series.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 12:50 PM   #80
Crisis
process in working...
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Yes, the same. Same as in the base 5 series too. And at one point, the seven series.
but better integrated
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 12:51 PM   #81
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
but better integrated
No, not any better integrated. My 5 had the gray rectangle at night.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 01:08 PM   #82
Crisis
process in working...
Germany
Rep

Quote:
OK it see it only on 135i but not on m5, m6...

in center looks better...
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 01:09 PM   #83
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
OK it see it only on 135i but not on m5, m6...
M5 and M6 have a different display.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 01:20 PM   #84
RealStig
Banned
Rep

Quote:
M5 and M6's displays are simply stunning. I was hoping that M3 would have something similar but I knew it wouldn't happen
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 02:52 PM   #85
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealStig
Quote:
M5 and M6's displays are simply stunning. I was hoping that M3 would have something similar but I knew it wouldn't happen
At least it's better than the normal F30 gauges.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 03:25 PM   #86
davem3fan
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Sedan

Garage List
I'm shocked BMW NA sent these to the Philly show... The latest and greatest normally has a way of bypassing us.

Dave Flogaus CCA #123862
11 E90 M3 Sedan DCT
94 E36 325is M-Tech (S50)
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 03:27 PM   #87
BMW M3 CRT
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

The last pic in the first post shows no F80M3 with black leather... right ???
Seems to be an M6 GC !?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 04:15 PM   #88
PhillyNate
ENTHUSIAST
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Porsche Cayman

Garage List
Just came from the show in Philly. Thought I would be salavating over the M3/4...I just wasn't. Although they both look like they might have "travel back in time" speed. Particularly the M4 with cabon ceramic brakes. The seats looked AMAZING!!! That's about it. I can't wait for testing/comparos so maybe I can be more excited but for now I'm not. However I did get some seat time in the C7 Stingray for the first time and am BLOWN AWAY!!! I wasn't even moving and am EXTREMELY impressed with all you get for very little coin. The car looks way better in person than in photographs as well. I don't even care anymore about having only 2 seats, how low you sit or you have to guess where the front bumper is. I hated the rear of the car in photos until how the rear glass is integrated into the car and the view it provides...It looks like a true pure unadulterated piece of sportscar sculpture now. If I make a move it's gonna be to a C7. It's just too compelling.
2011 Alpine White BMW M3 6mt ZCP Coupe(forced retirement 06/06/14)
2008 Alpine White BMW 328i 6mt Coupe(retired 06/21/11
)
Appreciate 0