BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

04-20-2018, 11:06 PM   #1
M-Nuts
Private
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

What dealer do you use for service in Seattle?

Folks in Seattle area, what dealer do you use for service? Seattle, Bellevue or Tacoma?
I've been using BMW of Seattle in the past but I'm seeing some annoying inconsistencies with them lately, and I'm thinking of switching, car still under warranty, wonder what you guys think, please share your thoughts
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2018, 12:30 AM   #2
jordonallison
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

I always go to Sue in Tacoma! She always takes care of me. You have to be respectful, but she has came in clutch for service/warranty work time and time again.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2018, 01:52 PM   #3
HPIA4v2
Major
Rep
Drives: F80, F86

Both, Seattle and Bellevue dealers have mix reviews as far as service.
I have taken my cars to Bellevue for 15 years mostly for during factory free maintenance or warranty work. At times they are not at their best.
Not sure switching will get you what you want. Northwest in Fife is too far for me.

They see +50 cars a day, anything can happen.
Best practice always know what they are about to do then inspect your car at pickup and drive home, and look into engine bay once you get home.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2018, 05:11 PM   #4
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

I've been going to BMW Seattle for nearly 15 years - great service in my experiences, they've really taken care of me and my vehicles, even going to bat for me with BMW NA to cover huge repairs ($9K for valve guide seals on my X5) outside of warranty, because it was the right thing to do.

I tried Bellevue initially and they were the worst. Over the years several of these threads have been posted in various local/PNW BMW forums, and Seattle always gets the recommendation over Bellevue. I have other horror stories about Bellevue but won't clutter up this post with those.

With that said, Seattle has slipped a bit lately. Their work is not as crisp as it used to be, but it's still good, and it's close to my office, they offer free shuttles, free service loaners, and open on weekends, something most of the indy shops don't offer.

I've heard great things about BMW Northwest in Fife, but I'm north of Seattle so they're not an option.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2018, 10:50 PM   #5
M-Nuts
Private
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

I've been the Seattle service over the past 3 years and they are getting progressively worse, I think they have more load than they hand handle, that's why I'm trying to switch at this point, last couple visits were rough.
Appreciate 0