Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

12-23-2017, 05:36 AM   #243
JayJogia
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 17' M4 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
Happy to announce that the flash counter bypass has been implemented.

Flash counter will now stay original when the vehicle is flashed!!

Will finalize testing tomorrow and roll this out to all customers.

Happy to bring everyone another first for end users. There is more to come!
This is great news! This was one of the issues I had, no matter how OEM the flash the counter would tell the story..

I am definitely investing in your software in January (as a birthday present to myself! )
      12-23-2017, 05:46 AM   #244
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Oh my GOD

Oh my GOOOODDDDD

BMW F82 M4 Black MHD CS Map - GTS DKG - Navi -Performance Brake RSL1 Pads - USB - DivX-DVD - Bluetooth - VoiceControl - Connect - Apps - Online - H&K - TrafficInfo - SpLimInfo - WhiteMerino- PDC - Cam - Adaptive Led - Antitheft - CP Steering- Performance ST - Adaptive CP Setup - GarageDoorOpen - Pipercross - Stock Exhaust - Mdrivers Pack - 437M Wheels
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2017, 05:47 AM   #245
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep

azzzz

BMW F82 M4 Black MHD CS Map - GTS DKG - Navi -Performance Brake RSL1 Pads - USB - DivX-DVD - Bluetooth - VoiceControl - Connect - Apps - Online - H&K - TrafficInfo - SpLimInfo - WhiteMerino- PDC - Cam - Adaptive Led - Antitheft - CP Steering- Performance ST - Adaptive CP Setup - GarageDoorOpen - Pipercross - Stock Exhaust - Mdrivers Pack - 437M Wheels
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2017, 05:51 AM   #246
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep

TOOOOPPPPPPPP

Now in CS !!!!!

Over the top

Last edited by franzzz; 12-23-2017 at 05:57 AM..
Appreciate 1
BPMSport3387.50
      12-23-2017, 06:00 AM   #247
esmane46
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4 YMB

Looking for the cs tune for a long time and finally flashed the cs euro tune yesterday,the start up and burbles are amazing, can’t believe the base m4 didn’t get the features.
After flash and drive out,Immediately feels the 600 nm of torques.
I am not looking for huge hp gains so for me 29ps is a bonus and enough for me.
zero issue with the cs tune right now, so happy about it.
stock is always the safety choice and can’t go wrong with it
Thanks, Mike
Appreciate 1
BPMSport3387.50
      12-23-2017, 06:46 AM   #248
JoeyBananas
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Happy to announce that the flash counter bypass has been implemented.

Flash counter will now stay original when the vehicle is flashed!!

Will finalize testing tomorrow and roll this out to all customers.

Happy to bring everyone another first for end users. There is more to come!
Awesome!

Kinda random but how would a stage 2 car fair against say a Z07 from a roll?

Last edited by JoeyBananas; 12-23-2017 at 06:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2017, 07:37 AM   #249
JayJogia
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 17' M4 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzzz View Post
TOOOOPPPPPPPP

Now in CS !!!!!

Over the top

Amazing!

Please keep us updated with how you get on
      12-23-2017, 08:23 AM   #250
THX
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

Update:
The car, in stage2+, has too hp in low rpm and hesitates in acceleration and is not fluid.
Possible that is it set with 100 octane american fuel?
In Italy the best fuel is 100 RON...is equivalent to 94 american octane.
Appreciate 1
M3anPower175.50
      12-23-2017, 09:03 AM   #251
M3anPower
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX View Post
Update:
The car, in stage2+, has too hp in low rpm and hesitates in acceleration and is not fluid.
I hope they fix this issue soon.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2017, 09:35 AM   #252
ptper
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 Avus Blue F80

Are people's interest in the CS/GTS-only tune to get under the warranty radar? Meaning if BMW were to review the data, they wouldn't see anything out of the ordinary like on Stage 1? Just seems like folks could go for stage 1 and get the other CS/GTS features (cold start/burble) and get the extra power to boot.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2017, 09:43 AM   #253
Deteria
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

When we send in the CodingData, is this different than the custom coding you can get done to comfort access, anti dazzle led, etc? I'm getting my car coded soon and I don't want to get those overwritten.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2017, 09:49 AM   #254
whoop_ass
Captain
Rep
Drives: non

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX View Post
Update:
What is it exactly doing?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2017, 10:08 AM   #255
aboulfad
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 MG/SO

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptper View Post
Are people's interest in the CS/GTS-only tune to get under the warranty radar? Meaning if BMW were to review the data, they wouldn't see anything out of the ordinary like on Stage 1? Just seems like folks could go for stage 1 and get the other CS/GTS features (cold start/burble) and get the extra power to boot.
Another reason, is they trust BMW's tune that is most likely better tested than any other tuner out there, in theory but warranty reasons are not one of them, as there are few other measures that BMW can use to detect a tune, some known to the community and some unknown and varying with time...
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2017, 10:15 AM   #256
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboulfad View Post
Quote:
Another reason, is they trust BMW's tune that is most likely better tested than any other tuner out there, in theory but warranty reasons are not one of them, as there are few other measures that BMW can use to detect a tune, some known to the community and some unknown and varying with time...
Yes I agree. Most ppl just have more faith in BMW tune and want to play it safe with power etc.
Past: Alpine white e46 323i, Jet Black e39 530, Saph Black e60 530, Space Grey N54 e92 335, Mineral White N55 e92 335
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2017, 10:35 AM   #257
THX
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoop_ass View Post
What is it exactly doing?
Only in sport plus, the engine does not go linear, but sob a little.
Maybe it's the throttle problem that mike will fix in a few day...
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2017, 12:11 PM   #258
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep

If in sport is OK for my point of view is the STAGE2+ with CS Throttle the problem

Too agressive. Too sensitive.

In my stock car 460cv CS Setup is perfect.
Appreciate 1
      12-23-2017, 03:24 PM   #259
tropicatango
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Bmw f87 M2c hockenheim silver

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deteria View Post
Can the flash actually turn the DCT / Differential software to the GTS as well?
Support will be added for transmission flashing and other options. At the moment it only flashes the engine side and clears fault codes as well.

Those interested in the transmission flash can obtain it locally, or we can do a remote session to flash it - although this process will use a standard ethernet cable instead of the tuning cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockshaker View Post
PM for pricing for an M3 2018!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSiri335I View Post
Pm price for f30 335i stage 1 and 2!
PMed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnerod75 View Post
Once OBDII unit is ordered do we get unlimited updates when new features are added?
Those who purchase the software during the introductory period will be elgible for feature updates. Those who purchase it out of the period will be elgible for newer software version releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jww///95 View Post
+1

Also interested in this type of "track tune" so appreciate the innovation.
Thank you. Have a look at this chart and see how nice and flat/linear the power/torque delivery is. This is with 91 octane and Stage I. Will also upload the dynos with the torque way up there - but something like this is much more refined, predictable, and useable. Note this dyno is only going to ~6K, and that this was a custom file with the torque severly reduced down low from what the engine is capable of outputting. We're going to upload some more dyno charts showing the Stages and differences between stock and CS software soon, thanks for your patience!

I also want to report that we succesfully turned an 2016 M4 Manual to a CS edition, which never came with a manual transmission. That software took a LONG time to perfectly put together. The customer tested the car and everything worked perfectly with rev matching, etc.. We then tuned it to Stage I and the customer was extremely impressed with the power delivery. Hopefully he chimes in as he has an 800 mile trip ahead of him. We're going to be offering some options in the future for 6MT owners such as changing the rev-matching modes, etc..

And the beauty here is that you get all of these benefits in under ten minutes Stay "tuned".
Is the dyno for the stage 1 on 91 octane is power at the wheels (WHP)
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2017, 03:59 PM   #260
BPMSport
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJogia View Post
This is great news! This was one of the issues I had, no matter how OEM the flash the counter would tell the story..

I am definitely investing in your software in January (as a birthday present to myself! )
It will be a worthy present, thank you!

Quote:
TOOOOPPPPPPPP

Now in CS !!!!!

Over the top

Sounds great, thanks for posting the videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmane46 View Post
Looking for the cs tune for a long time and finally flashed the cs euro tune yesterday,the start up and burbles are amazing, can’t believe the base m4 didn’t get the features.
After flash and drive out,Immediately feels the 600 nm of torques.
I am not looking for huge hp gains so for me 29ps is a bonus and enough for me.
zero issue with the cs tune right now, so happy about it.
stock is always the safety choice and can’t go wrong with it
Thanks, Mike
My pleasure sir, thank you and enjoy!

Quote:
I think the point here is that it would be more difficult for the manufactuer to claim that a failure was caused by a higher output level that they offer from the factory, using the same hardware.

Quote:
If in sport is OK for my point of view is the STAGE2+ with CS Throttle the problem

Too agressive. Too sensitive.

In my stock car 460cv CS Setup is perfect.
Will get rid of the CS Sport Throttle Map - no problem. Working on this for you guys and will have an update shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicatango View Post
Is the dyno for the stage 1 on 91 octane is power at the wheels (WHP)
This was stage I on 91 octane but with very limited torque at the lower end to keep a linear feel. Note this dyno is not to redline.

Still need to post all of the other charts... Doing my best to get to it as soon as I can.

We have been focusing of taking care of customers and core product offerings, not on advertisments and promotional videos.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2017, 04:33 PM   #261
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Back to making custom throttle response modes and getting customer files delivered, and then hopefully holiday shopping.

Here is a Standard vs CS vs Stage I dyno for you:

2015 M3 Stock vs. BMW M3 CS Software vs BPM Stage I Dyno - Stock Downpipes

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2017, 04:53 PM   #262
M3anPower
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Back to making custom throttle response modes and getting customer files delivered, and then hopefully holiday shopping.

I'm interested in your tune in January after I finish my break in.

I just really doubt that the hesitations and throttle response is "CS issues" Bmw engineers will never do this for their cars.

Is it possible to flat out the hp at high rpm just like stock? The power peaks at 6.5k then drops off.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2017, 05:12 PM   #263
tropicatango
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Bmw f87 M2c hockenheim silver

Quote:

Is All dyno show WHP ? Or hp to the flywheel,

I ask because number are so high for just a stage 1..... but usually i know that dyno show WHP, just confirm

I actually like the flat tq curve, dont want to run 305 rubber to have grip when flooring.

Is the standard stage 1 is too much tq for 275 - 285 tire

Is it possible when buying to get both versions of the stage 1, flat tq and standard tq tune for the same price... i would like to try both

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2017, 05:36 PM   #264
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1990 View Post
I'm interested in your tune in January after I finish my break in.

I just really doubt that the hesitations and throttle response is "CS issues" Bmw engineers will never do this for their cars.

Is it possible to flat out the hp at high rpm just like stock? The power peaks at 6.5k then drops off.
In the case of this customers car - he has gapped plugs at .020 and an aftermarket intake (AND colder plugs). Whenever you reduce the gap on the spark plugs, you lose spark energy as the spark jumps a smaller gap and isn't as strong. This can cause hesitation issues, as well as going a heat range too low. The hesitations are likely related to this and not the software. Also - when you flash a car, the adaptations are reset, so it will take some time to relearn. This may solve the issue on it's own, but I think it's attributable to the plugs.

As far as the jumpy response - this is the factory CS map, and I am going to make a custom version to keep this in check. On my F10 M5 and E9x M3, I found the factory sport plus modes to be far too aggressive - and with the addition of more power, this can become more pronounced. The CS edition is more aggressive than the factory base program, so it's increasing the potential for this jumpyness even more. It's no problem to dial this back.

As far as the power - yes, we can hold this but it's asking a lot of the stock turbos, so we intentionally dropped this for turbo longetivity as they are spinning very fast up there.

Dynos are at the wheel - and Stage I will likely light up the tires. Might offer a Stage 0.5 or something like this. For specific questions, please PM/Email/Call us.

I hope this helps explain, thanks!

Last edited by BPMSport; 12-23-2017 at 07:24 PM..
Appreciate 1
M3anPower175.50