EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

05-23-2014, 06:26 PM   #45
myzmak
Advocatus Douchebagus. Sex Marxist.
Canada
Rep
Drives: Lucy.

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Well I've also heard that clanned clans worship the clans of other clans, and that the clandestine activities of certain clans aren't clanly enough for other clans.
no way for me to get that, sorry. You win!
And on the....umm....first day, myzmak looked at the discussion on the thread and he was pleased.

So he drank some Gewurtztraminer and ate some BBQ'd pizza.
      05-23-2014, 06:28 PM   #46
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silverstone F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzmak View Post
(for those who don't cook, onionskins are thin, not thick. like really thin. Like if you were buying rubbers, these would be the ones you want for extra sensitivity…..)
Sir Loin likes what you wrote. Sir Loin thought you meant tires when you said rubbers. Sir Loin realized later that you really meant condom.

Sir Loin likes myzmak.

05-23-2014, 06:28 PM   #47
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonovox
Yep, I've had a number of BMW's and recently an M5, but have never frequented this forum until I decided to buy an M4 and wanted to get perspective on various options. But frankly, I'm really kind of shocked and put off by the nitpicking. Almost from a sociological viewpoint, I'm really curious where all the schadenfreude comes from.

BMW clearly is not a stupid company. This car is aimed at a particular market; that market has evolved and it will probably evolve further ...just like previous generation M3's were actually a bit ahead of the market at first.

I'm the market. The M5 is too big for me and not nimble enough. I don't; need to be able to go faster between 120 and 150 mph -- that'll happen a few times, maybe. I like the sporty look of the coupe, but I do need to be able to throw my bike or golf clubs in the trunk occasionally. (The 911 and F Type comparison is a joke ... and a complement imho). I've got 4 people in my family and luckily the 2 women are under 5'2". They'll fit just fine in the M4, but not in those other two cars. have you ever looked at the trunk space on the Jag???

I like to drive fast and my daily drive is on narrow, curved roads -- not unlike the tests in Portugal. But,heck, taking my wife downtown for a night out on Saturday night,, the ability to put it in comfort mode and not be challenged by the car is awesome.
Very similar boat in terms of needs and uses.

Also: like the handle. Was hoping I might time an ED of this car to see them on their next euro tour......but do t know when/if that new album will ever be released or if I will do ED so....probably will just catch them over here again.
      05-23-2014, 06:29 PM   #48
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Loin
Quote:
(for those who don't cook, onionskins are thin, not thick. like really thin. Like if you were buying rubbers, these would be the ones you want for extra sensitivity..)
Sir Loin likes what you wrote. Sir Loin thought you meant tires when you said rubbers. Sir Loin realized later that you really meant condom.

Sir Loin likes myzmak.

D'oh.

Myzmak failed to take into account how a forum of car enthusiasts would respond to the word rubbers. Glad his meaning eventually came through.
      05-23-2014, 06:37 PM   #49
e39>all
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 335i sedan

I formally submit my application to join this righteous wolf-pack
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 06:51 PM   #50
tooch
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

good post. It will always be something....

96 E31 JB
07 E92 AW
F82 BSM
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 07:02 PM   #51
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4 and M2 in progress

Very good comments. At this point I have read and commented all I'm going to say at this point. In a few weeks I will be driving this car over 1500 miles across the pond in German roads and legendary tracks. I will take all this input and formulate my own opinions to reach a conclusion. I will sing praises for what is good but I will be even louder for what I did not enjoy. Balanced opinions are important to keep the M folks down to earth and strive to get better. This car will not disappoint is what my gut is telling me. We shall see soon enough.
      05-23-2014, 07:22 PM   #52
FogCityM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 (E90) & Porsche GT3 RS

OMG..classic! now that is a piece of history!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post

Sir Loin likes myzmak.

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 07:47 PM   #53
ZGM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

Great, well thought-out post.
Keep up the good work..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 08:14 PM   #54
Rupes
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 (current), E90 330xi (w

I don't care about the reviews- of course it won't be perfect. But I've seen two comparisons so far (911 and C63) and it lost both.

I don't remember the M3 losing the first two comparisons when it came out - am I wrong? You found that after 4 years, one car (Caddy) caught up and for one reviewer was better. What does it say when a brand new BMW loses against a much older Mercedes?

Yea, I'm playing devils advocate a bit here. But this thread would be boring without it.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 09:27 PM   #55
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupes
I don't care about the reviews- of course it won't be perfect. But I've seen two comparisons so far (911 and C63) and it lost both.

I don't remember the M3 losing the first two comparisons when it came out - am I wrong? You found that after 4 years, one car (Caddy) caught up and for one reviewer was better. What does it say when a brand new BMW loses against a much older Mercedes?

Yea, I'm playing devils advocate a bit here. But this thread would be boring without it.
I am also limited by what Google shows for head to heads from 2007. Actually, I haven't found any comparisons from the first week the E90 was reviewed. I would suspect people were not quite so eager to toss it up against their favourite cars then to see how it did...they gave it a month or two and a bit more than initial impressions. My guess is there were some of those initial reviewers who, if asked, in the initial drive of the E90 and stacked against a better car from another class or a favourite of theirs would have certainly gone with what was comfortable and familiar. That is what comfort and familiarity breed. If you ask me today, Imlike my life, my house etc, and if would not want to change it. Ask me in 4 years? I expect, with different perspective, I will like my life then better.

In any event, we can all agree that while Sutcliffe thinks 90% of the new car is brilliant, he does not like the engine note because he likes the V8 he knows and loves. He has made that point a few times now and it is noted. We can also agree that a 911 S is a better 2 seater sports car than another car that costs less and is not.

Again, though the point is that judging this car based on the first two weeks and a few auto journalists looking to maintain street cred in their profession (that is all that we have and, regardless of which reviewer you gravitate to, that is all that the reviewers are doing) is a poor way to judge a car's place in history. To do that you need, well, history. And we have none. It will only come with time.
      05-23-2014, 09:51 PM   #56
M3ryder55
Major
Rep
Drives: 15' MW/SO

thank u for that read up! everyone has an opinion. i agree with u 100% on everything u said including that last part. The competition is getting better, but lets not forget who set the standard and still keeping the competition on their toes. All these cars (most of them) have been built to be "M3 Killers". It's been decades. They finally caught up. But the veterans always prevail. It's actually pleasing to see this many positive reviews this early, usually every car has most criticisms every on. Noise, emotion, and lag for some vs none for others. I'm ok with that. All that u can fix w/ a couple grand. With some bolt ons and a tune we should expect a minimum of 450whp. i think these cars can probably go up safely to the 500s to the wheel w/o messing with the turbos, but that is plenty enough, especially with that amount of torque that thing will be making, no big deal for the dct.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 10:53 PM   #57
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:

Sir Loin likes myzmak.

Sir Loin Clans Myz

If I'm seeing correctly, this is the first thread ever, without fighting! Myz, you did something amazing here!

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 11:07 PM   #58
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups
Quote:

Sir Loin likes myzmak.

Sir Loin Clans Myz

If I'm seeing correctly, this is the first thread ever, without fighting! Myz, you did something amazing here!

I would say it was the power and logical force of my argument, but mostly I am sure it is just people are afraid I will post another 5 page response/posting if they try to bicker.......

05-23-2014, 11:12 PM   #59
Lups
Rep

Quote:
I would say it was the power and logical force of my argument, but mostly I am sure it is just people are afraid I will post another 5 page response/posting if they try to bicker.......

Hey, sorry, but I checked my friend list, I'm right, you are not. I look forward at meeting you someday, and I will send you my email address as soon as I once again have the balls to empty the box enough to have one sent, so that when I get booted, I still can have the pleasure of your company for a coffee.

Seldom does one see a writer who can indeed make many think. I respect that skill greatly.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 11:15 PM   #60
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

So basically you said what everyone knows and only some are willing to admit. But times change and a new car is upon us. Some will love it, some will hate it but wish they had it, and others won't even care.

Happens every generation...
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 11:23 PM   #61
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
So basically you said what everyone knows and only some are willing to admit. But times change and a new car is upon us. Some will love it, some will hate it but wish they had it, and others won't even care.

Happens every generation...
He also said, that haters will hate, and let's pursue sex, drugs and rock'n roll because this fighting is getting so old.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 11:47 PM   #62
GBPackerfan1963
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 BMW M5 2007 E60 550i

Garage List
2002 BMW M5  [0.00]
It all comes down to who gives a flying f#$k if someone doesn't like your M3/M4 in the color/configuration you chose. They don't sign your checks or make your payments.

My 2˘
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 11:50 PM   #63
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBPackerfan1963 View Post
It all comes down to who gives a flying f#$k if someone doesn't like your M3/M4 in the color/configuration you chose. They don't sign your checks or make your payments.

My 2˘
I agree with you, but whos the man in the picture? It has haunted me for a long time, and cause it's friday, I'm asking now.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 11:52 PM   #64
GBPackerfan1963
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 BMW M5 2007 E60 550i

Garage List
2002 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
I agree with you, but whos the man in the picture? It has haunted me for a long time, and cause it's friday, I'm asking now.
Ummm......that would be me.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 11:57 PM   #65
Maddict3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 991 GT3

Wonderful! Post of the month.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 12:35 AM   #66
SOM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: SO F80

New here. I did read M4 boards extensively since I'm getting my F80 in a few weeks. OP is right on with all complaining and crying about this or that regarding the first reviews. Not only that, it is laughable with all the M5 guys coming on here and making "I told you so" kind of posts when it comes to speed metrics...repeatedly. It is painfully obvious to me that they are desperately trying to justify their purchases.

I don't understand why there are many people that don't like F8X ///Ms yet they choose to be here constantly voicing their displeasure. If you don't like something, don't dwell on it...move on.
Appreciate 0