European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

02-22-2017, 03:11 PM   #1
djcevo
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4

How much should downpipes VRSF and fitting cost gents (ish)

As above, just getting quotes.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 03:46 PM   #2
lolololol
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 F83

I'm having the exhaust mod done on my car and I'm being charged an extra £100 to do the DP's
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 04:25 PM   #3
djcevo
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolololol View Post
I'm having the exhaust mod done on my car and I'm being charged an extra £100 to do the DP's
What does he do in addition to changing the downpipes?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 05:23 PM   #4
lolololol
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcevo View Post
Quote:
What does he do in addition to changing the downpipes?
I don't know the exact thing he does but it will create more noise and should breath a little easier. I'll stick some tail pipes on it add DP's and that'll do. Got intake and charge pipes on their way.......then finally a flash tune.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Paulscarwelding/reviews/
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2017, 06:52 AM   #5
Penetrator
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
I don't know the exact thing he does but it will create more noise and should breath a little easier. I'll stick some tail pipes on it add DP's and that'll do. Got intake and charge pipes on their way.......then finally a flash tune.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Paulscarwelding/reviews/
Hi mate, I've already had Paul mod my exhaust, completely gutted it

Have you had your OEM downpipes modded too?? I've enquirer with him on this, but I'm just wondering if that's what you've had done and how did you find it?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2017, 12:17 PM   #6
lolololol
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Had vrsf ones fitted, total bitch to fit as well btw. Getting to one of the lamda sensors is near impossible but Paul got it done.

Went to Regal Autosport on Friday and had the VF Hex stage 2 tune, also fitted BMS intakes and ER charge pipes. Car is now 530 bhp and limited to 500 lb/ft of torque. With the tune also got the dct flashed, coded out auto stop, start up roar and GTS over run / burble when in sport+.

I can't even express how savage the car is now, rapid is an understatement.

I'll post the video we did shortly and a more detailed write up.
Appreciate 1
gatsojon498.00
      03-05-2017, 04:07 PM   #7
djcevo
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Had vrsf ones fitted, total bitch to fit as well btw. Getting to one of the lamda sensors is near impossible but Paul got it done.

Went to Regal Autosport on Friday and had the VF Hex stage 2 tune, also fitted BMS intakes and ER charge pipes. Car is now 530 bhp and limited to 500 lb/ft of torque. With the tune also got the dct flashed, coded out auto stop, start up roar and GTS over run / burble when in sport+.

Great news. Is it much louder, what's it like on the motorway? (Mine is a DD)
Did you have it on the RR or is 530 bhp an anticipated output?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2017, 04:44 PM   #8
eandy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: RS

I assume you mean the OEM backbox mod where it's opened baffles removed and then welded back up?

If so what does it sound like as it's an option I'm thinking.

At present I've gone Active Autowerkes mid pipe as everyone seems to state it removes the rasp and from clips I've heard it sounds ace. Plan on fitting that first then see how that effects sound and then fit / change back box.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 01:15 AM   #9
lolololol
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcevo View Post
Quote:

Great news. Is it much louder, what's it like on the motorway? (Mine is a DD)
Did you have it on the RR or is 530 bhp an anticipated output?
That's the dyno figure mate ! Did 5 runs after the flash etc.

Mine is also a daily driver. For sure the car is louder but in efficiency / sport mode it's fine,no drone on the motorway at all.....and I mean none. When put into sport+ it literally sounds like a NASCAR, so much fun and I really have the best of both worlds.

So wrt the exhaust mod......as I added the Down pipes I left the mid cats, otherwise it would of been ridiculous. You want a good sounding exhaust then just add DP's.....we also put a sleeve around the perforations in the mid resonator and opened the rear box to cut open some holes in the cross pipe.

Don't waste your money on an exhaust, they don't add any power unless you are adding DP's which everyone should have imo - then get paul to mod the exhaust and add some tips - anything else is a waste of money !!
Appreciate 0