Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

06-23-2017, 07:20 AM   #1
S1000RR
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: ZCP M3

Drag Slick Setups and Line Locks

Hey Guys!

I'm looking to buy some drag slicks, and wondering what slicks guys are running and in what size.

Also, does anyone make a line lock for our cars? I know AR used to, but they went out of business or something.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2017, 04:34 PM   #2
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Most line-locks are universal. You just have to figure out which lines coming out of the ABS unit goes to the front brakes.

The only thing I'm a little hazy about, is if the front wheels aren't turning and the rears are burning out, does the DSC, even when turned off, intervene and shut off power thus defeating the purpose of the line-lock.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/huu-1745000

This is a universal line-lock kit, you'll need to figure out the plumbing.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2017, 07:39 PM   #3
9SECDD
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4 Blk on Blk, DCT

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
I went down the same road you're going down, getting as far as ordering a line-lock kit, before retreating after cutting 1.65 zero to 60s with Mickey Thompson ET Street S/Ss and determining it wasn't worth it.

Talk to Jason from TPG Tuning or Mike from Maximum PSI. They both run slicks with modified brakes and small wheels, but aren't cutting much faster 60fts. Plus Jason will tell you pure slicks are very tough on the drivetrain. He's broken every part of his launching hard with slicks and has had to beef up everything.

I'd advise sticking to tires like M/T ET Streets that slip ever so slightly on launch. They still hook up hard, but give just enough on launch to protect your drivetrain more.
2015 F82 DCT M4. Max PSI Built Motor, Ported head, Full Bolt Ons, Upgraded fuel system, Motiv Reflex and flex hardware for flex fuel, Max PSI Crank Hub Fix, Pure PS2+ Turbos, SSP Spec X clutch, xHP Trans Flash, DSS Axles. Custom Ecutek tune by Ian @bend calibration. 780whp & 700+ ft lbs torque, 18" HRE R101s.

Last edited by 9SECDD; 06-26-2017 at 07:54 PM..
Appreciate 0