European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

12-10-2014, 02:38 PM   #45
azula
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW m4

So I sent out my first round of emails with this offer:

I received one pretty aggressive offer thus far. This particular dealer is out of state and is saying it will cost an additional $500.00 to have this car delivered to my local CA after ED. Is this true? I thought it can be delivered to any CA stateside for free after ED. Please advise thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 02:55 PM   #46
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by azula View Post
I received one pretty aggressive offer thus far. This particular dealer is out of state and is saying it will cost an additional $500.00 to have this car delivered to my local CA after ED. Is this true? I thought it can be delivered to any CA stateside for free after ED. Please advise thanks!
No, it's delivered to the dealer you bought it from. You can try to arrange "courtesy delivery" with a local dealer, but there's risk in it. $500 is pretty cheap, usually it's in the 900-1200 range depending on who / what type of truck etc.

The edge case might be that this particular dealer already knows he can courtesy deliver to your local dealer and is just planning on pocketing the $500.

All of this, though, is why I'm willing to pay more. I don't want a bunch of hassles down the road to ruin my experience.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 03:10 PM   #47
azula
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
No, it's delivered to the dealer you bought it from. You can try to arrange "courtesy delivery" with a local dealer, but there's risk in it. $500 is pretty cheap, usually it's in the 900-1200 range depending on who / what type of truck etc.

The edge case might be that this particular dealer already knows he can courtesy deliver to your local dealer and is just planning on pocketing the $500.

All of this, though, is why I'm willing to pay more. I don't want a bunch of hassles down the road to ruin my experience.

Thanks for the quick reply Gruss. I just bit the 500 dollar bullet, now waiting on a final out the door price from this dealer. Neither me or my SA has mentioned incentives yet which is great! I just want to make sure that the two incentives available to me at this point are holiday cash (1k) and if I finance through BMWFS (1k). Firstly is this correct? Secondly, should I negotiate these with my SA or are they straight from BMWNA?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 05:24 PM   #48
MRCUR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Model 3 Performance

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply Gruss. I just bit the 500 dollar bullet, now waiting on a final out the door price from this dealer. Neither me or my SA has mentioned incentives yet which is great! I just want to make sure that the two incentives available to me at this point are holiday cash (1k) and if I finance through BMWFS (1k). Firstly is this correct? Secondly, should I negotiate these with my SA or are they straight from BMWNA?
You should clarify if the CA is including those incentives in the current pricing. I would bet they are.

You negotiate with the CA. That's it. I believe only the holiday cash is available. Some dealers are running a charity event this month that gets you an additional $1k, so perhaps that's what you're referencing.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 05:38 PM   #49
azula
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCUR View Post
You should clarify if the CA is including those incentives in the current pricing. I would bet they are.

You negotiate with the CA. That's it. I believe only the holiday cash is available. Some dealers are running a charity event this month that gets you an additional $1k, so perhaps that's what you're referencing.
I was referencing THIS. However it seems as though the holiday cash and finance incentive are one in the same.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 09:41 PM   #50
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 Manual AW F80

Quote:
You owe me lunch if this goes through I see you are in FL. I would get it delivered free to Spartanburg, SC and do a PCD. That will be the ultimate way to buy your car, ED followed by a performance center delivery. You can fly to SC from FL for way less than $500, enjoy dinner on BMW's dime, then a whole day of fun at the performance center and the awesome drive back. It is a no brainer

My Amazing European Delivery Story

Last edited by ///M///; 12-10-2014 at 10:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 09:47 PM   #51
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep

Forgot to add, you might want to check the actual numbers for FL registration, Tag and Title. I was just guesstimating. You don't want the dealer making even one extra dollar off that as it's a set fee per the state.

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 10:08 PM   #52
azula
Captain
Rep

Ok here are the results from Day 1 of negotiating thanks to dsm918

Proposal:

Their counter:

I'd say that this is pretty DAMN GOOD . Also, the invoice price I had was slightly wrong, instead of $58,605 it is $58,675. Two independent dealers corrected this small error. As you can see, the $500.00 delivery charge was added to the invoice price. DSM918, I would love that awesome PCD experience and my SA actually suggested it as well. The only problem is, I know it would be absolute torture for me to put that many miles on my brand new M4 driving back down to FL. I'm kind of OCD, lol.

I mentioned the incentive after I received this counter and my SA initially told me that the incentive does not qualify when doing a European Delivery. I told him I verified that it does. He then stated that I might not get it because of the 60 day limit and he didn't want to make a promise he couldn't keep. Does this "holiday cash" come in the form of a rebate from BMWNA or do I get it directly from the dealership? I know it doesn't cut into the dealerships profits but where exactly is it coming from? I don't want to press my SA if he isn't responsible for it anyways. Also what do you guys think about the deal? This almost seemed too easy so I am definitely proceeding with caution. My SA also assured me that they do have allocation, keeping fingers crossed!

Last edited by azula; 12-10-2014 at 10:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 10:20 PM   #53
Doctor///M
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 AUDI RS6

Garage List
2023 Audi RS6 Avant  [0.00]
BMW M2 Competition   [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 M3  [9.52]
Quote:
Originally Posted by azula

I'd say that this is pretty DAMN GOOD . I mentioned the incentive after I received this counter and my SA initially told me that the incentive does not qualify when doing a European Delivery. I told him that I verified that it does. He then stated that I might not get it because of the 60 day limit and he didn't want to make a promise he couldn't keep. Does this "holiday cash" come in the form of a rebate from BMWNA or do I get it directly from the dealership? I know it doesn't cut into the dealerships profits but where exactly is it coming from? I don't want to press my SA if he isn't responsible for it anyways. Also what do you guys think about the deal?
It comes directly from the dealership and is built into the sale transaction. I believe they do the paperwork through BMWNA on their end.

Keep in mind that the incentive available for the particular month that you pay down for the car is the one that applies (1-2 weeks before ED). If that's after Dec 31, then you'll have to see what incentive applies at that time.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 10:29 PM   #54
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

Proposal:

Their counter:

I'd say that this is pretty DAMN GOOD . Also, the invoice price I had was slightly wrong, instead of $58,605 it is $58,675. Two independent dealers corrected this small error. As you can see, the $500.00 delivery charge was added to the invoice price. DSM918, I would love that awesome PCD experience and my SA actually suggested it as well. The only problem is, I know it would be absolute torture for me to put that many miles on my brand new M4 driving back down to FL. I'm kind of OCD, lol.

I mentioned the incentive after I received this counter and my SA initially told me that the incentive does not qualify when doing a European Delivery. I told him I verified that it does. He then stated that I might not get it because of the 60 day limit and he didn't want to make a promise he couldn't keep. Does this "holiday cash" come in the form of a rebate from BMWNA or do I get it directly from the dealership? I know it doesn't cut into the dealerships profits but where exactly is it coming from? I don't want to press my SA if he isn't responsible for it anyways. Also what do you guys think about the deal? This almost seemed too easy so I am definitely proceeding with caution. My SA also assured me that they do have allocation, keeping fingers crossed!
Great Can you elaborate on the $70 difference? Might need to correct my calculator their doc fees is $100 too high. I would counter back to lower that. No harm in trying. You lost me on the high miles. Drive your car to enjoy it man. Everything I have read on the PCD has be extremely positive. Don't miss out.

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 08:00 AM   #55
IRNM4N
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:

Proposal:

Their counter:

Awesome job! I pm'd you as I am literally a week behind.

-Chris

Last edited by IRNM4N; 12-11-2014 at 08:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 09:34 AM   #56
BigDog
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80

I apologize if its been mentioned already, but does anyone have ED invoice pricing available?

I'm looking to place an order for my M3, and would be willing to move rather quickly....
      12-11-2014, 10:38 AM   #57
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog View Post
I apologize if its been mentioned already, but does anyone have ED invoice pricing available?

I'm looking to place an order for my M3, and would be willing to move rather quickly....
Read this thread . It is mentioned plenty of times. You can always multiply the US MSRP by 0.86 to get an estimate.

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 02:09 PM   #58
BigDog
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm918 View Post
Read this thread . It is mentioned plenty of times. You can always multiply the US MSRP by 0.86 to get an estimate.
thank you good sir

does that go for options as well?
      12-11-2014, 03:44 PM   #59
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
thank you good sir

does that go for options as well?
I'd like to state that I am not an expert on this by any means. I am currently waiting on the 2016 so I can order it as soon as it comes out Meanwhile, I am just educating myself on the deals, pricing that's out there by doing a lot of reading on this forum and threads on Bimmerfest. This way I would feel well prepared by the time the 2016 comes out Are you planning on ED or US delivery?

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 07:06 PM   #60
MRCUR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Model 3 Performance

Quote:
Also what do you guys think about the deal? This almost seemed too easy so I am definitely proceeding with caution. My SA also assured me that they do have allocation, keeping fingers crossed!
Excellent job! I think he dealer fees are a tad high (I see someone else mentioned the doc fee is $100 too high, ask them to cut that down). Otherwise I think you now see how "easy" negotiating is when you're an informed buyer.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 07:13 PM   #61
BigDog
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'd like to state that I am not an expert on this by any means. I am currently waiting on the 2016 so I can order it as soon as it comes out Meanwhile, I am just educating myself on the deals, pricing that's out there by doing a lot of reading on this forum and threads on Bimmerfest. This way I would feel well prepared by the time the 2016 comes out Are you planning on ED or US delivery?
I would like to do ED most likely why the 2016 over the 2015?
      12-11-2014, 07:46 PM   #62
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I would like to do ED most likely why the 2016 over the 2015?
Two reasons. I missed the window for the ED this summer. I don't want to do ED in the winter months. Plus I try not to buy the first year model.

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 08:09 PM   #63
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Quote:
Great job!. In one day you've gotten a great deal that you can take or use as leverage at a local dealer. Not sure about the fees in FL.

That's why I loved this forum. So much helpful info. Not sure you can get this with many other brands.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 08:18 PM   #64
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Quote:

I have not seen an official M3 ED invoice price. The M4 ED invoice price was leaked by a former member. You can guesstimate what the M3 would be, but it won't be exact.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 08:44 PM   #65
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
I have not seen an official M3 ED invoice price. The M4 ED invoice price was leaked by a former member. You can guesstimate what the M3 would be, but it won't be exact.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Quote:
I would like to do ED most likely
Let me get back on that one.

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 02:07 AM   #66
azula
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Great Can you elaborate on the $70 difference? Might need to correct my calculator their doc fees is $100 too high. I would counter back to lower that. No harm in trying. You lost me on the high miles. Drive your car to enjoy it man. Everything I have read on the PCD has be extremely positive. Don't miss out.
Looks like ED invoice for the M4 is $55 flat and not $54,930 which was my original number. Both dealerships (that were transparent enough) to reveal ED invoice said that I my figure after MSRP options and $500 dealer profit was $70.00 dollars short. Not too shabby though. In the grand scheme of things 70 bucks on a 60+k car is almost spot on!
Appreciate 0