European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

08-02-2014, 05:36 PM   #23
E92LNGCGY
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F97/Q5/982 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
Wow, these Canadian BMW dealers really do suck. I suggest you guys make a big fuss by posting your experience on the BMW Canada Youtube page (comment in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG0D82RoZ2M) and tweet your BMW buying experience by adding "@ BMWCANADA", and post on BMW Canada facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BMW.Canada. Most dealers have a facebook page as well, post on those as well.
We need a tracking system like you guys in USA. Much better information and as another member mentioned in the age of technology we in Canada feel so out of touch.

I believe Canada is one of the biggest market for M (per capital I believe) and yet we the M buyers (along with regular BMW customers) have to put up with this crap. It is very weird how things are done. How does a dealer not have a clue about where their inventory is?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 05:41 PM   #24
m4pewpew
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92LNGCGY View Post
As some of you probably know from my other threads my M4 was sitting in Halifax for 3 weeks before loading onto rail. My car arrived CN station locally on July 31. For the past 2 days I have been trying to find out when I should expect delivery and nothing more, yet I have not had a response from the SA or even the sales manager.

Throughout the buying process I was guaranteed I would get updates but never once did that happen. It was myself that found out the information.

This is terrible service and this is my 4th car at the dealer so I have/had good relation with them.

How hard is it to tell me a delivery date?

Rant end.

My SA doesn't know anything, either. "I don't know" is all they have. I wonder if this is kind of a thing with all BMW dealerships. I agree this is not a good business practice. My company's junior salespeople can do better than that.
7/7/14: On the waiting list | 9/8/14: Order submitted | 10/2/14: Order approved. Production number received | 11/7/14: In Production | 11/15/14: End of production | 11/21/14: En route to the US | 12/7/14: Finishing touches | 12/13/14: At the dealer | 12/15/14: Car in garage
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 05:43 PM   #25
E92LNGCGY
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4pewpew View Post
My SA doesn't know anything, either. "I don't know" is all they have. I wonder if this is kind of a thing with all BMW dealerships. I agree this is not a good business practice. My company's junior salespeople can do better than that.
Yes it seems like it. BMW dealers in Canada are mostly clueless. They wait until the car shows up and call you to pay and pickup. That's it.

Do you know where your car is?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 05:43 PM   #26
hacxyzzy
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: e46 M3, SO/SB M4 MT

The only bit of solace I have in this affair is that I know that the dealership is on a 30 days sales cycle so no car translates into no money for them

Ultimately one really has to question what one gets for paying $900 in freight charges. What BMW Canada really needs is a PDC center in Halifax and for it to offer customers options for vehicle delivery. Hell, I could have flown to Halifax and driven it back several times over compared to the time the delivery process has taken.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 05:46 PM   #27
E92LNGCGY
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacxyzzy View Post
The only bit of solace I have in this affair is that I know that the dealership is on a 30 days sales cycle so no car translates into no money for them

Ultimately one really has to question what one gets for paying $900 in freight charges. What BMW Canada really needs is a PDC center in Halifax and for it to offer customers options for vehicle delivery. Hell, I could have flown to Halifax and driven it back several times over compared to the time the delivery process has taken.
Are you saying you only paid $900 for freight? If so that's a damn good deal. I negotiated and still pay $2095.

I also agree with your comments. They need a modern tracking system as well. This is worst than Flintstones.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 05:47 PM   #28
hacxyzzy
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
We need a tracking system like you guys in USA. Much better information and as another member mentioned in the age of technology we in Canada feel so out of touch.

I believe Canada is one of the biggest market for M (per capital I believe) and yet we the M buyers (along with regular BMW customers) have to put up with this crap. It is very weird how things are done. How does a dealer not have a clue about where their inventory is?
So anyone interested in starting the ball rolling making posts as Sir Loin has suggested? I have neither a Facebook or Twitter account (really don't see the point in either lol) and feel somewhat silly for creating either just to initiate the ensuing bitching
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 05:53 PM   #29
hacxyzzy
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Are you saying you only paid $900 for freight? If so that's a damn good deal. I negotiated and still pay $2095.

I also agree with your comments. They need a modern tracking system as well. This is worst than Flintstones.
Yes indeed. I just checked my original invoice and it's $900 for freight. Mind you, there are a pile of other stupid charges such as "Other dealer options" that go for $790. If I remember correctly that may be for a pile of other stupid dealer options that I declined - like Nitrogen filled tires which I consider completely pointless - particularly so since the atmosphere is already almost 80% N2.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 05:58 PM   #30
E92LNGCGY
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yes indeed. I just checked my original invoice and it's $900 for freight. Mind you, there are a pile of other stupid charges such as "Other dealer options" that go for $790. If I remember correctly that may be for a pile of other stupid dealer options that I declined - like Nitrogen filled tires which I consider completely pointless - particularly so since the atmosphere is already almost 80% N2.
Well that is pretty good. I guess you can't complain about delivery being slow because you got a significant discount. You get what you pay for at the end. hahaha. jkjk.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 06:01 PM   #31
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

I definitely feel bad for you guys.

Care to share the name of the dealerships you're dealing with?
      08-02-2014, 06:02 PM   #32
hacxyzzy
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Well that is pretty good. I guess you can't complain about delivery being slow because you got a significant discount. You get what you pay for at the end. hahaha. jkjk.
that's one way to look at it. However, it would have been nice to have several options available for delivery - I would likely have paid for it. Perhaps BMW should consider outsourcing their delivery to Amazon or Fedex At least with them I've never had a bad experience.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 06:12 PM   #33
hacxyzzy
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
I definitely feel bad for you guys.

Care to share the name of the dealerships you're dealing with?
BMW Grand River - now part of the "Quinn Group" in Toronto. Gone down hill in my opinion since they purchased BMW Waterloo. For example, I used to store my off season tires at the dealership for a charge of approximately $250 per year if I remember correctly. When they took over, I was surprised when they wanted in excess of $500. I was surprised when they mentioned that right after paying for my tire swap and asked for the reason. The answer I got was that they're now a Toronto dealership and that that was "Toronto pricing". My response was "this is not Toronto and put my tires in the car, I'm taking them with me". I just got a look from the service agent followed by a response of "yeah, a lot of people are doing that".

Fortunately, I found an even more convenient place that charges only $100 per year so thanks BMW!!
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2014, 07:29 PM   #34
M4me
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

So a bit of news (good I hope) for me. The sales director just called, said he had made quite a few calls to BMW CA trying to get to the bottom of the car's status and delays. Appears it was missing paperwork for customs and that this has now been resolved and things should start happening. He said the status had already changed on his screen and that he would follow up with me again on Tuesday following the long weekend.

So - I have to give credit to the dealership that they did follow up and are now tracking this. So hopefully the car will start on its journey to me.

PS - my dealer has always provided me with a delivery date estimate. It's been Aug 15 for a month and a half now, but it's hard to see how they'll keep to that date given it's Aug 2 and it takes 12-14 days to ship.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2014, 12:21 AM   #35
VCP
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4GTS BSM/F90comp/BSM M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4me
So a bit of news (good I hope) for me. The sales director just called, said he had made quite a few calls to BMW CA trying to get to the bottom of the car's status and delays. Appears it was missing paperwork for customs and that this has now been resolved and things should start happening. He said the status had already changed on his screen and that he would follow up with me again on Tuesday following the long weekend.

So - I have to give credit to the dealership that they did follow up and are now tracking this. So hopefully the car will start on its journey to me.

PS - my dealer has always provided me with a delivery date estimate. It's been Aug 15 for a month and a half now, but it's hard to see how they'll keep to that date given it's Aug 2 and it takes 12-14 days to ship.
Great news! I heard that happens more than one might think. Good on your dealer.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2014, 09:38 AM   #36
01ON19
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Perhaps BMW should consider outsourcing their delivery to Amazon or Fedex At least with them I've never had a bad experience.
Not a bad idea. FedEx always seems to know where their stuff is and can tell you when to expect it.

I've always said that the problem is not usually the amount of time it takes, but the lack of information. Granted, 3 weeks in Halifax or 4 weeks in Bremerhaven is excessive, but it would be a lot easier to plan if you knew the timing.

The other problem is that once you get your car you don't care about this anymore and so the pressure on the dealer/BMW stops. I also doubt if Mercedes or Audi are much better with this.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2014, 10:52 AM   #37
E92LNGCGY
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuck View Post
Not a bad idea. FedEx always seems to know where their stuff is and can tell you when to expect it.

I've always said that the problem is not usually the amount of time it takes, but the lack of information. Granted, 3 weeks in Halifax or 4 weeks in Bremerhaven is excessive, but it would be a lot easier to plan if you knew the timing.

The other problem is that once you get your car you don't care about this anymore and so the pressure on the dealer/BMW stops. I also doubt if Mercedes or Audi are much better with this.
Very true. The complaining stops the moment we see the car
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2014, 11:56 AM   #38
hacxyzzy
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Very true! Question is though, how will they get better? It's been a while since I ordered my last car but do they issue post-purchase surveys?

Regardless, I expect all will be forgiven when I finally get to experience my hot little car It always pays to remember this ad lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2014, 12:13 PM   #39
E92LNGCGY
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Very true! Question is though, how will they get better? It's been a while since I ordered my last car but do they issue post-purchase surveys?

Regardless, I expect all will be forgiven when I finally get to experience my hot little car It always pays to remember this ad lol
Yes they do. When I bought my 2012 X3 they had the survey.

That's a great picture.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2014, 12:40 PM   #40
VCP
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4GTS BSM/F90comp/BSM M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacxyzzy
Quote:

Nice one!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2014, 01:29 PM   #41
myzmak
Advocatus Douchebagus. Sex Marxist.
Canada
Rep
Drives: Lucy.

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuck View Post
Ordered an E350 wagon from Hyatt in Calgary 2 years ago. They were not super detailed on day by day progress of the car, but it also didn't have weeks sitting in port either (which adds to the frustration). It arrived when they estimated it would, so it was not a bad process at all.

Really, the shippers in Canada are just poor on info and car dealers can only figure out so much. That said, having it sit IN Calgary for days without action by dealer would be frustrating, to say the least. Once shipper gives up info, dealer should be on top of it.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2014, 01:33 PM   #42
E92LNGCGY
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzmak View Post
Ordered an E350 wagon from Hyatt in Calgary 2 years ago. They were not super detailed on day by day progress of the car, but it also didn't have weeks sitting in port either (which adds to the frustration). It arrived when they estimated it would, so it was not a bad process at all.

Really, the shippers in Canada are just poor on info and car dealers can only figure out so much. That said, having it sit IN Calgary for days without action by dealer would be frustrating, to say the least. Once shipper gives up info, dealer should be on top of it.
My car arrive Calgary July 31 and I don't think I will find out when I should expect delivery until mid to end of coming week. You are right it is most frustrating that it's in town but they have no info or clue about the car. I would pay for the truck to get it to the dealer if it makes it any faster.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2014, 01:35 PM   #43
myzmak
Advocatus Douchebagus. Sex Marxist.
Canada
Rep
Drives: Lucy.

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
Quote:
My car arrive Calgary July 31 and I don't think I will find out when I should expect delivery until mid to end of coming week. You are right it is most frustrating that it's in town but they have no info or clue about the car. I would pay for the truck to get it to the dealer if it makes it any faster.
Hell, I'd rent one from u-haul and drive it to them myself!
Appreciate 0