R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

12-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #111
imserious
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 MR

maybe the smokey burnout feature emits an artificial sound and releases smoke so that it can look like a burnout, but save on the tires?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #112
RockyTop
BMW rookie
Rep
Drives: F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbockrd View Post
Some people have to cool out with the price speculating. How in the hell has this car gone from 65 k (80 loaded) to now over a $100,000

We gotta cool out. If there are 35 k in options to make this a "luxury car" then its in the wrong market segment. And this isn't a luxury car, it makes me throw up in my mouth saying that LOL
I'm not speculating...simply making a conversion. Someone else said the conversion isn't that simple that there were a lot of other costs the UK customers have that we in the US don't. If that is the case, fine...but the price conversion is the price conversion...simply used math not speculation.

You can throw up all you want, but if you buy an 80k or 100k car, you expect a certain amount of luxury features to it. Otherwise, just leave out the leather and nav and electronics and just strip it down to a race car. If you only buy an M4 because of it's performance and could care less about the production quality and features....then go by a race car instead, you can get way more performance for $80k or $100k elsewhere if you drop the badge....can you say "GT-R"?

Last edited by RockyTop; 12-11-2013 at 09:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #113
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
US price

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MTUNED View Post
lol don't make an ass out of yourself... This ///Monster is going to start at $63K USD!!!
Agreed - that's my guess. Just a modest increase over outgoing one.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #114
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sommer View Post
Smoky Burnout feature???
Illuminated seat logos?
active sound design?
Douche features...
Succinctly stated...
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 07:12 PM   #115
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by imserious View Post
maybe the smokey burnout feature emits an artificial sound and releases smoke so that it can look like a burnout, but save on the tires?
Active Burnout
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #116
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
Active Burnout
More tire noise with Bang and Olufsen.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #117
Jockey
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 992 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Earl View Post
Isnt it worrying that the first article they release talks more about that stuff and less about things like eps, lsd, suspension, cornering, braking, etc.
Oh hey, it's Mr. Negative (I think I'm going to give you an honorary doctorate in negativity btw)
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #118
paddy335
Major
Rep
Drives: M140i;X5 40d

I really love how BMW have left much of the engine bay exposed, that fat intercooler especially....one of my big gripes with modern cars is how they cover up all those clever mechanical bits and pieces with stupid ugly plastic vanity covers.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #119
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep
Drives: chariot

I really feel these cars are gonna start at $67,XXX. If they follow the M5/6 in options and pkges, the M3/4 will cost in the mid to upper $80K, and thats without the carbon brakes.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 10:30 PM   #120
SalM
S1N1ST3R
Montenegro
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear From Jax View Post
Man, this thing better drive like it's on rails! I've spent less then half the cash this thing will be worth, and it's going to be just as fast in a straight line (MT vs MT). Give me just a little more time to complete my M3 suspension swap, and my E92 may be just as dangerous.....
Shutup. Seriously Just Shutup.
10.38 @ 136.04
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 11:22 PM   #121
Maddict3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
exactly! Ill do exhaust, blacked out chrome pieces, and a drop.
couldn't have said it any better lol
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 03:14 AM   #122
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

i wonder why they didn't use a pair of twinscrolls.. even better spool/response.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 05:21 AM   #123
Sapper_M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyTop View Post
I'm not speculating...simply making a conversion. Someone else said the conversion isn't that simple that there were a lot of other costs the UK customers have that we in the US don't. If that is the case, fine...but the price conversion is the price conversion...simply used math not speculation.

You can throw up all you want, but if you buy an 80k or 100k car, you expect a certain amount of luxury features to it. Otherwise, just leave out the leather and nav and electronics and just strip it down to a race car. If you only buy an M4 because of it's performance and could care less about the production quality and features....then go by a race car instead, you can get way more performance for $80k or $100k elsewhere if you drop the badge....can you say "GT-R"?
You aren't following the logic here properly. Just because you used "math" doesn't mean it isn't speculation. Any estimation--even one using a conversion factor that is accepted as legitimate--of the true price of the new M3/M4 based on prices in other markets is, by definition, speculation. You are using math to help form an educated guess about something you don't have confirmed information on yet.

The biggest problem here though is that your math doesn't MEAN what you want it to mean. Unfortunately, being able to correctly multiply a few numbers doesn't prevent us from making poor assumptions. Yes, you took the official UK MSRP and multiplied it by (Current USD Value/Current GBP Value), however this calculation does NOT provide a meaningful estimation of the U.S. market price.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 05:53 AM   #124
US///M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

It sounds really redneck. Smokey and the Bandit package (KKP).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 06:57 AM   #125
RockyTop
BMW rookie
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper_M3 View Post
You aren't following the logic here properly. Just because you used "math" doesn't mean it isn't speculation. Any estimation--even one using a conversion factor that is accepted as legitimate--of the true price of the new M3/M4 based on prices in other markets is, by definition, speculation. You are using math to help form an educated guess about something you don't have confirmed information on yet.

The biggest problem here though is that your math doesn't MEAN what you want it to mean. Unfortunately, being able to correctly multiply a few numbers doesn't prevent us from making poor assumptions. Yes, you took the official UK MSRP and multiplied it by (Current USD Value/Current GBP Value), however this calculation does NOT provide a meaningful estimation of the U.S. market price.
hey thanks for helping me understand what the word speculation means, I feel so much smarter having read your post...more truthfully, your response is of zero value to the discussion of the M4. Why would you take all that time to type a useless post?

Now, to refute your useless post:

The guy implied I was just randomly guessing at the price. That was the point of his argument. My point is I wasn't just guessing but I was converting the currency and assuming it was that simple. By your logic, anyone that misquotes the price is guessing or "speculating" even after it is formally announced, which is obviously untrue, they are just wrong.

Speculation or guessing has everything to do with intent, not accuracy. I may have been wrong in that a simple currency conversion is insufficient to determine the US pricing but to say I was making a wild guess is too an incorrect statement. It's what I believed was a fact, let's say I was wrong (won't be the first time in my life), but I was not guessing.

Regardless, had I been, who does it harm? Shove it with your high and mighty internet courage. Help me with facts in a constructive way like Momo3605 did, that's why I'm on the forums (though it would have helped if some examples of how UK pricing and US pricing differ so greatly were provided)...don't badger me about the insignificant...that is called trolling...there, now you've learned how to use a word. Like it?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 07:18 AM   #126
MDS
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: None

Why is everyone giving the iluminated logos so much atention ? Is anyone not going to buy the car because of the logo ?

A whole new car with a whole load of features is out... and all everyone goes on about is the illuminated M logo...

Its a simple detail that is diferent and will probably look cool anyway...

Older M cars also had illuminated gearknobs too, and nobody made a big deal of that.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 07:40 AM   #127
jbockrd
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 Alpine White/Carbon M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyTop View Post

No believe me I want a well dressed sports coupe!!! I agree with you and am not one of these strip down, mod guys. I just was nauseous at the term "luxury car". Sounds like a Lexus haha. And this price thing is far from converting pounds to dollars. We are the cheapest country for automobiles in the world I think. So guessing the price is not really based on any computation. Thanks for your reply and sorry if I sounded heated. I was just voicing my feelings last night.
      12-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #128
RockyTop
BMW rookie
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbockrd View Post
No believe me I want a well dressed sports coupe!!! I agree with you and am not one of these strip down, mod guys. I just was nauseous at the term "luxury car". Sounds like a Lexus haha. And this price thing is far from converting pounds to dollars. We are the cheapest country for automobiles in the world I think. So guessing the price is not really based on any computation. Thanks for your reply and sorry if I sounded heated. I was just voicing my feelings last night.
gotcha, we

I'm certainly glad to be in the cheapest country in the world for autos. More bang for my buck.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 12:07 AM   #129
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Oh hey, it's Mr. Negative (I think I'm going to give you an honorary doctorate in negativity btw)
Rats, I really thought I might have been in line for such an award .

I'm actually quite torn overall about the new car. I want/wanted to be as excited as I was about the E92 back when it launched and I'm nowhere near that. As much of a performer as this car is going to be (pretty well neck and neck with a 911S (991)) while doing so for $30k less, I can't deny the hugely important emotional aspects of a sports car, two key ones for me being high redline and acoustics.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 08:46 AM   #130
Jockey
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 992 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Rats, I really thought I might have been in line for such an award .

I'm actually quite torn overall about the new car. I want/wanted to be as excited as I was about the E92 back when it launched and I'm nowhere near that. As much of a performer as this car is going to be (pretty well neck and neck with a 911S (991)) while doing so for $30k less, I can't deny the hugely important emotional aspects of a sports car, two key ones for me being high redline and acoustics.
Nope, not compared to him, sorry.

See, while those two aspects maybe of huge importance to you, not all of us feel the same way. Honestly, I've never truly understood the high redline thing. How often to I bounce the needle off the rev limiter? Not enough for it to matter. Especially since we are only talking around 500 RPM, that's not a big enough deal to me.

Acoustics is subjective. I won't try to compare a N54 to a S65 in sounds, because there is no comparison. On the other hand, I still think the N54 sounds good. Again, for all of the things this car is bringing to the table, it's very easy to look past one or two aspects of the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #131
Chill72
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10 E92 M3 (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear From Jax View Post
Holy shit, we're on a forum and you're annoyed with someones opinion. Not everyone has to share the same opinion as you to voice it. If I feel that NOT spending the amount of cash that's going to need to be spent on this, and instead spending it on something that will be just as fast, cost half as much, and have my own personality, then so be it. I love my E92, but the M3/4 just isn't worth getting out of it.

Deal with it.
I don't care if you ugrade your car with Jesus Christ. You will get owned by new M3/4 all day long. You silly stroon.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #132
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
See, while those two aspects maybe of huge importance to you, not all of us feel the same way. Honestly, I've never truly understood the high redline thing. How often to I bounce the needle off the rev limiter? Not enough for it to matter. Especially since we are only talking around 500 RPM, that's not a big enough deal to me.
Absolutely to each their own. But I still think you are missing out on one of driving (and life's) greatest pleasures...

Also the difference E92 to F82 is 800 rpm (8400-7600), closer to round to 1000 rather than rounding down to 500.

Quote:
Acoustics is subjective. I won't try to compare a N54 to a S65 in sounds, because there is no comparison. On the other hand, I still think the N54 sounds good. Again, for all of the things this car is bringing to the table, it's very easy to look past one or two aspects of the car.
Can't really argue with that. But I trust you've heard (either in person or in a good video with good audio) a F430 Scuderia on full boil, or perhaps a Carrera GT with straight pipes...
Appreciate 0