proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

02-06-2022, 11:03 PM   #23
jueviolegrace
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011ninja View Post
How were "you" able to "afford" an M4 at 17.

Last year you were 16 and in 10th grade.

Yes I am
Lmao I’m actually a freshman in university as a 17 year old, skipped a grade.

And the answer to that is simple: my family is wealthy
Appreciate 6
2011ninja3396.00
JDMSteven474.50
stormlv932.00
cotmfk2049.50
      02-07-2022, 05:54 PM   #24
bsmf8x
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by jueviolegrace View Post
Quote:

Yes I am

Respect for the honesty, I know tons of 18-22 year olds with M's because of family money and act like they hustled for it lmao.

If something were to happen, remember any fatal accident caused by a 17-18 year old in a M goes in the news as a kid thinking he's in fast and furious, even if you weren't doing anything crazy.

Seen a kid go to jail for going 50 in a 30, which is done literally every single day in every 30 zone, in a mustang after hitting someone and the article painted him out to be a need for speed wannabe.

Not to scare you or anything, just what I'd want to know at your age. Odds are stacked against you. And your lack of a prefrontal cortex will probably have you wanting to do some dumb shit.

Drive safe & in good health.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 07:23 PM   #25
jueviolegrace
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmf8x View Post
Respect for the honesty, I know tons of 18-22 year olds with M's because of family money and act like they hustled for it lmao.

If something were to happen, remember any fatal accident caused by a 17-18 year old in a M goes in the news as a kid thinking he's in fast and furious, even if you weren't doing anything crazy.

Seen a kid go to jail for going 50 in a 30, which is done literally every single day in every 30 zone, in a mustang after hitting someone and the article painted him out to be a need for speed wannabe.

Not to scare you or anything, just what I'd want to know at your age. Odds are stacked against you. And your lack of a prefrontal cortex will probably have you wanting to do some dumb shit.

Thank you for the advice. Yeah everyone goes 80 on 55 highways here so it just seems like the "norm" to speed in general. That being said I'm very stingy and never let others drive my car nor do weird irresponsible/immature things like blasting music with 4 people in the back seat half drunk while speeding down a freeway (like i've seen even some 20 yo/s do).

And yeah i'm not going to claim credit for the hard work my parents put in, doesn't mean I don't hustle/study work hella hard for what I want in life, just kind of weird to act like i'm the breadwinner of the family or something.
Appreciate 1
bsmf8x778.50
      02-07-2022, 08:07 PM   #26
ajee622
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw e93 m3

Sorry I'm just going to keep hating on this thread. But it's not necessarily the fact that you are 17. Just younger M owners and state of after market support in 2021:

Young M Owners Mod list:

- carbon everywhere including that ugly batwing. Check
- burble tune that makes your car sound like it's farting. Check
- Go pro to record myself acting like a jerkoff. Check
- remove perfectly balanced stock suspension and replace with lowered to the ground so my carbon gets scraped up. Check
- leave on stock brakes but replace with ugly ass blacked out rims. Check
- add ugly ass M stripes all over the car. Check

What you should do:

- crank hub to prevent failure.
- good set of tires.
- driving school.
- keep brakes updated.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 09:35 PM   #27
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmf8x View Post

Thank you for the advice. Yeah everyone goes 80 on 55 highways here so it just seems like the "norm" to speed in general. That being said I'm very stingy and never let others drive my car nor do weird irresponsible/immature things like blasting music with 4 people in the back seat half drunk while speeding down a freeway (like i've seen even some 20 yo/s do).

And yeah i'm not going to claim credit for the hard work my parents put in, doesn't mean I don't hustle/study work hella hard for what I want in life, just kind of weird to act like i'm the breadwinner of the family or something.
What grade did you skip?
Appreciate 1
      02-07-2022, 09:47 PM   #28
kyrix1st
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87 M2; E92M3 MT&DCT; M3 euro

Garage List
2004 BMW Z4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Leave on traction control and all the nannies at your age.

Trust me.
I somewhat disagree with this, but only because I've witnessed a parent teach his 8 year old kid how to execute a perfect drift somewhere in Gifu prefecture.

To the OP, practice how to control oversteer by attending High Performance Driver Education program. Best to do before attending the college as you will likely have no time while studying.

Also know that there are lots of variables to consider when running a car (tire condition, engine/transmission maintenance, etc) and this will be a distraction at your stage of life, so find a way to minimize that. Just my 2 yen.

Last edited by kyrix1st; 02-07-2022 at 10:04 PM..
Appreciate 1
cotmfk2049.50
      02-07-2022, 10:29 PM   #29
DocL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Good for you in working hard so far in your scholastic career. When I was 17 my parents didn't buy me a car like an M4, but I was able to drive any of my father's car. If the internet was around then and I posted about the kinds of cars I had access to, I guarantee I would have been told I was going to crash, kill my self, or kill someone else. It never happened because I was responsible. I even took my father's 50ft boat out alone with my friends.

Don't be influenced by other people's stupidity, and you'll be fine. Capisce!
      02-07-2022, 10:50 PM   #30
jueviolegrace
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrix1st View Post
I somewhat disagree with this, but only because I've witnessed a parent teach his 8 year old kid how to execute a perfect drift somewhere in Gifu prefecture.

To the OP, practice how to control oversteer by attending High Performance Driver Education program. Best to do before attending the college as you will likely have no time while studying.

Also know that there are lots of variables to consider when running a car (tire condition, engine/transmission maintenance, etc) and this will be a distraction at your stage of life, so find a way to minimize that. Just my 2 yen.
Yeah I've already practiced somewhat in empty areas with TC off just for drifting and launch control obviously. I also will be doing M driving school over summer but I'm already in college lol so I don't have time rn.

Till then I'm just driving like a normal human being, not doing quarter mile laptimes on a freeway
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 10:52 PM   #31
jueviolegrace
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajee622 View Post
Sorry I'm just going to keep hating on this thread. But it's not necessarily the fact that you are 17. Just younger M owners and state of after market support in 2021:

Young M Owners Mod list:

- remove perfectly balanced stock suspension and replace with lowered to the ground so my carbon gets scraped up. Check

What you should do:

- good set of tires.
- driving school.
- keep brakes updated.

I'm not sure what this means but I haven't done nearly anything from this young M owners list, except for adding CF parts and thats hardly something to hate. also brakes are perfectly fine according to my Service Advisor, tires are going to be replaced with PS4s over summer once I finish wearing these and i'm doing driving school then as well.

Not going to drop money on the crank hub though not worth it since I have a Level 4 extended warranty for 5 years anyway.
Appreciate 3
      02-07-2022, 11:16 PM   #32
Empathy
Private
Rep
Drives: 18' Daytona Violet M3 Comp

Quote:

Young M Owners Mod list:

What you should do:

- good set of tires.
- driving school.
- keep brakes updated.

You should probably spend more time researching how the crankhub actually works on stock cars and less time being jealous of other people and what they choose to do with their car. Just my two cents
Appreciate 2
      02-08-2022, 04:15 AM   #33
dezzracer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:
Quote:

Yes I am

Sweet. You seem responsable and smart. Enjoy it. Should help you get collage girls too. Always a nice bonus.
Appreciate 1
bigj505360.00
      02-08-2022, 02:55 PM   #34
jueviolegrace
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzracer View Post
Sweet. You seem responsable and smart. Enjoy it. Should help you get collage girls too. Always a nice bonus.
Yeah I’ve already had a girl ask to drive it ☠️ But that being said if a girl wants to be with you for your car she ain’t for you lol
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2022, 12:26 PM   #35
AngelPrewitt
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2010

Well, I remember how my driving school taught us not only about maintenance of engines or transmission and so on, but also how to drift professionally. However, I understood that I only needed that driver's license regardless of the instructor's weird advice. At the same time, I was also a student and had to write an important paper for my university. I survived thanks to https://edubirdie.com/thesis-writing-help because my amount of driving lessons and academic assignments was huge. The thesis writing help I got from the experts saved my situation and time and thus I found the best solution for busy students.

Last edited by AngelPrewitt; 11-14-2022 at 11:22 AM..
Appreciate 1
TopJimmy5461.50
      11-10-2022, 12:27 AM   #36
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8

I always wonder what runs through someone's head for considering a horrific car like the i8. Might be the biggest turd BMW ever made.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2022, 09:14 AM   #37
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Congrats on the car, I hope you enjoy it!
      11-10-2022, 04:18 PM   #38
dallastide
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 / 2019 X3

Quote:
Young M Owners Mod list:

Most people on this board have added cf bits to their cars.
Where does he say he got a burble tune?
Do you see a go pro in the pics?
The car doesn't look lowered.
The wheels aren't blacked out.
I don't see any M stripes.

What the fuck are you talking about?
Appreciate 2
Hxngs176.00
M4theWIN1121.50
      11-10-2022, 06:36 PM   #39
c63sss
Private
Rep
Drives: 17 c63s, 18 f80

OP I like your username.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2022, 07:03 PM   #40
M4theWIN1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:

Young M Owners Mod list:

What you should do:

- good set of tires.
- driving school.
- keep brakes updated.
Straight out attack here on OP. Guy was fortunate enough to get a kick ass car at a young age. Be happy for the man!!

Some of those mods you happen to mention a majority of us have on our cars and we are well past the teenage years. Try to have some class!

Congrats on the car OP! Enjoy it and be safe! 👍🏼
Appreciate 1
      11-11-2022, 07:39 AM   #41
Soul Coughing
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3 ZCP

Garage List
I'm very jealous you got this car at your age but congrats! I did stupid things in a car with 1/3 the hp and nearly died, so hopefully your frontal cortex is more developed than mine was at your age! Great car btw and enjoy!

Last edited by Soul Coughing; 11-11-2022 at 07:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 02:19 AM   #42
M4curious
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW m4

How’s it working out?

Quote:

Hi,

Two years have passed since your first post on this thread.

How’re things going with your M4?

(Our 17 year old is interested in an M4. Any info on your experience as a young driver with this car would be helpful. )
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2024, 09:43 PM   #43
LandonLiftz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4curious View Post
Hi,

(Our 17 year old is interested in an M4. Any info on your experience as a young driver with this car would be helpful. )
Hey saw this thread get bumped I’m 19 (younger guy this definitely wasn’t my first car) but first car I’ve payed for with a co-signer tbh it’s amazing but as someone who never got tickets or if I did get pulled over cops would always be very reasonable. When cops pull a young adult 17,18,19,20 in a M4 from my experince you will always get a ticket very different attitude then driving a “normal traffic” car now my car is very loud, but how this car drives does make you want to go it feels like a shame if you don’t drive a M car like a M car. I don’t know your son I’m guessing you have raised him right and he’s a smart kid. People will constantly tell him to do pulls,race,burnouts etc I think this car would be amazing for him it’s a cool car looks, priced not too bad, and comfortable but have a real conversation not just don’t speed don’t be stupid but hey if we’re going to buy you this car I understand that your still a young adult who’s going to want to drive fast and do cool things in it, but be smart know there’s a time and place and never over do it etc. I would also recommend maybe one night you go with him to push the car a bit in sport plus mode. The first time I truly put my car in full race mode my tires slid out because I didn’t fully understand the car and at 80mph could have been very bad. So coming from someone who’s your sons age it’s a amazing car he will love it but be honest with him make sure he isn’t doing stupid things, and put the responsibility in his hands almost how he’s becoming a adult and you how you hope he can show it with this car. Sorry for the long post but yes amazing car can litteraly change his life for the better, but really let him understand that it can be dangerous.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2024, 09:46 PM   #44
LandonLiftz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4curious View Post
Hi,

Also more car focused the car has been amazing no real problems get him a low mileage one pre purchase inspection all the good stuff as you never know you could buy a car that was tuned to stage 3 and tracked daily then reverted to stock. Also i recommend not letting him tune it or anything crazy as these cars have more then enough power even for a hp junky like myself
Appreciate 0