Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

01-02-2015, 05:20 PM   #111
yinlee
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Congrats OP!!!
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2015, 05:45 PM   #112
GotEM4
General
Rep
Drives: EM4

Quote:
Originally Posted by italy3541 View Post
Thanks for the input. I don't think there is a wrong choice with either. Both have their strong points and either car would be great to own. Its all gonna come down to the test drive.
test? what do you want in a performance other than speed? just think in price...you get what you pay for. imo the m4 has the balance: price, handling, speed, comfort, and looks.

do the plus (+), minus(-) thing where you put a + or - on one aspect you like about ea. car and add it up...otherwise, you might as well do the eenie minie moe choice....good luck

I've made up my mind, the M4.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 07:42 PM   #113
robbys3m3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3's

I also own a BE GTR and agree with this post, as well as the discussion on maintenance costs really not as bad if you use your head. I dont think you can go wrong either way really, and it sounds like you have made your decision already, but the gtr is just so different than the m that I wish a test drive would have been possible for you. Most people are on or off the gtr thing pretty quick after a drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
I currently own a 2012 BE GTR and an F80 M3. My wife and I always fight for the GTR keys...keep in mind this is the same wife that had me in the doghouse for 6 months after purchasing Godzilla. That voices our opinion without any hesitation.

The GTR interior is pretty crude, but the Black Edition (strongly recommended) improves the seats and headliner which make a significant difference. You also get a CF spoiler and upgraded black wheels that look much better in person.

The GTR is astonishing in all performance aspects and makes you a superhero with the the 4wd. The sounds it makes are also intoxicating (and obnoxious to others). The M3 on the other hands is like a bucking bronco when trying to get traction in 1st/2nd making it quite a handful. It sounds good after being warmed up, but like a tractor when cold.

If you are looking for a very comfortable and classy performance car (that you can take to work without everyone drooling on it or hating you) that scores 9s across the board, get the M3. If you want Magic Mountain at the Palm of your hands and the movie star effect when driving around, the GTR has your name written all over it.

The GTR is a dream car to many enthusiast (sounds like we are both in that boat) and I still can't believe I am blessed to own one two years later. The M3 just could never fill that niche for me.

Side points: I didn't drive either car before making my purchase....trust me when I say you will love the GTR. The GTR has a cult following like the M3. Considering the huge rebates and the expected 150-180k price tag of the R36 you should do great with resale. Good luck and if you are still on the fence go WOT at 3500 RPMS in 1st gear of a GTR.

L-
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 04:13 PM   #114
pfl
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Some slow cars

Congrats OP! Based on the needs you stated, I agree with your choice being the M4. And I also agree with your second statement, you will always want a GT-R. I sure did through my years of owning M, AMG, etc.

Have fun safe!
Appreciate 1
      01-06-2015, 04:22 PM   #115
italy3541
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo 4C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfl View Post
Congrats OP! Based on the needs you stated, I agree with your choice being the M4. And I also agree with your second statement, you will always want a GT-R. I sure did through my years of owning M, AMG, etc.

Have fun safe!
Thanks, I am waiting for my local dealer to call me when they get their M4's in. I was told they should be getting them by the end of the month. I still have not had a chance to drive one.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 04:27 PM   #116
rick berry
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 DCT/ 2014 750li

Your gonna love the M4. Went thru the same GTR vs M4 dilemma. M4 won. Congrats!
Appreciate 1
      01-06-2015, 04:33 PM   #117
italy3541
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo 4C

Garage List
Thanks, I just hope M4's are easier to get ahold of at the end of the month! Right now none of the local dealers have them in stock. There are a few dealers in Maryland that have them but not with the options im looking. I may end up having to order one. But im waiting to see if I can find what im looking for first so I dont have to deal with the carbon fiber shortage.
Appreciate 0