R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

02-14-2017, 09:04 AM   #23
jeff@autocouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: 2002 E53 X5 4.6is

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdchicago View Post
It is a 2016 model, so the old warranty plan (4 years instead of 3 + available extension including brakes) should still apply.
I will find out for sure before I get it and let everyone know.
Correct, but Ceramics are not covered
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 10:17 AM   #24
BarryB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 30Jahre M5 plus a few more M's

Garage List
CCB's not covered under warrantee
(As stated above, I just see)
60 Impala (43k orig mi)
15 Turbo S (Kobb tune and Kline exhaust)
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 12:21 PM   #25
RandyC54
Salty Middle Aged Dog
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 GTS

The window sticker says brake pads are covered! That's something!!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 06:18 PM   #26
BarryB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyC151 View Post
The window sticker says brake pads are covered! That's something!!
Maybe vehicle/region specific? This is good news though and how it should be.
60 Impala (43k orig mi)
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 10:00 PM   #27
RandyC54
Salty Middle Aged Dog
United_States
Rep

OK, so now I have a few hundred miles on mine. I have a favorite "track" around the company parking lot, and it gives me my thrills when I am not at the track. I can confirm this car is an absolute monster! I've done laps with my Turbo S' for years, and this is the first time I've tried something else. I have to say that this car is just more...thrilling/exciting than the Porsche. I have no idea if it's faster or slower...doesn't matter...it's just fun as hell to drive. Very predictable, a little looser in the tail with better grip on turn-in, and the brakes feel just as incredibly stout.

I can't wait to get it to VIR when the weather finally clears. I have already booked 5 events for March-May, and will probably alternate cars for each, but I have not been as excited about a car in a long time. Screw the "investment" idea. If you have one of these cars, it is simply mandatory that it be driven.

Secondarily, I drive a Porsche because I like to have an under-the-radar supercar, which the Turbo S is. But, I am getting just incredible feedback on the GTS. People from all walks just love it, walk around it when parked, take pictures, thumbs ups, you name it. This car is a superstar to the public, and it's my personal responsibility to share it with them...it's a piece of art that must be shared. I'm just the steward, the car belongs to the people.

Damn I'm so glad I got this car!!! (If it's not obvious, I just parked it a second ago!)

Last edited by RandyC54; 02-18-2017 at 08:46 AM..
Appreciate 2
PNWM3535.00
      02-18-2017, 03:21 AM   #28
Captain Unknown GT4
Captain
Rep
Drives: GT4

Hehe, great to finaly read others story of the car. In all the case we owner seems to have the same idé of this car. I agree In everything. And as you, me and other have said, no car I ever driven give the incredible feedback like on GTS. My guess its the internet haters that Love the car out in the real world.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 05:50 AM   #29
Brindle101
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AY M4, AW M6, e92 m3, e46 m3..

Quote:
OK, so now I have a few hundred miles on mine. I have a favorite "track" around the company parking lot, and it give me my thrills when I am not at the track. I can confirm this car is an absolute monster! I've done laps with my Turbo S' for years, and this is the first time I've tried something else. I have to say that this car is just more...thrilling/exciting than the Porsche. I have no idea if it's faster or slower...doesn't matter...it's just fun as hell to drive. Very predictable, a little looser in the tail with better grip on turn-in, and the brakes feel just as incredibly stout.

I can't wait to get it to VIR when the weather finally clears. I have already booked 5 events for March-May, and will probably alternate cars for each, but I have not been as excited about a car in a long time. Screw the "investment" idea. If you have one of these cars, it is simply mandatory that it be driven.

Secondarily, I drive a Porsche because I like to have an under-the-radar supercar, which the Turbo S is. But, I am getting just incredible feedback on the GTS. People from all walks just love it, walk around it when parked, take pictures, thumbs ups, you name it. This car is a superstar to the public, and it's my personal responsibility to share it with them...it's a piece of art that must be shared. I'm just the steward, the car belongs to the people.

Damn I'm so glad I got this car!!! (If it's not obvious, I just parked it a second ago!)
E

I couldn't agree more. Just waiting for winter to break, here in the northeast.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 05:54 AM   #30
Brindle101
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AY M4, AW M6, e92 m3, e46 m3..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Unknown GT4 View Post
Hehe, great to finaly read others story of the car. In all the case we owner seems to have the same idé of this car. I agree In everything. And as you, me and other have said, no car I ever driven give the incredible feedback like on GTS. My guess its the internet haters that Love the car out in the real world.
It's funny, this car is a little like the gen V viper, in that the reviews are very lukewarm at best, but the car is awesome and owners love them. I think the issue is that both of these cars are very close to real race cars out of the box, and Joe public wants their race cars to drive like, and have the interior of a Bentley. I'll take my race cars hardcore, but streetable thank you.

Oh, and btw, I love my Vipers too...haha
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 08:56 AM   #31
RandyC54
Salty Middle Aged Dog
United_States
Rep

In 6 months we will have a new thread on track prep...what wheels/tires you are using (slicks are coming), mods, suspension settings, and I'm looking forward to that.

I'm also working on making a low cost replacement for the lower front orange splitter. At $2,000 each, it's really not for serious track use. I'm ordering samples of a few different dense plastic materials in 1/2" thickness to make an identically shaped but cheaper and durable "replaceable" model.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 09:23 AM   #32
BarryB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
In 6 months we will have a new thread on track prep...what wheels/tires you are using (slicks are coming), mods, suspension settings, and I'm looking forward to that.

I'm also working on making a low cost replacement for the lower front orange splitter. At $2,000 each, it's really not for serious track use. I'm ordering samples of a few different dense plastic materials in 1/2" thickness to make an identically shaped but cheaper and durable "replaceable" model.
Keep us posted.....
60 Impala (43k orig mi)
Appreciate 0