Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

01-15-2014, 09:02 AM   #67
iatros
Private
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Blue 2008 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
And this is exactly the issue a lot of us have. M3s used to be for a much more limited niche market oriented towards the enthousiasts. There was much less need for ///Marketing. People "who knew" would just go out an buy the cars. .
I don't agree with you. the m3 will be faster in every way and outside of turbo vs n/a (debatable), superior on the track as well as a result of less weight, more tire, lower CG, superior chassis design and materials, and better brakes.

so how is it LESS catered towards enthusiasts than the comparably fat and soft e92?
If the e92 is fat and soft (which I agree with, incidentally), then this new m4 is a bloated pig. Just cause its faster doesn't mean it's better. I think the car looks atrocious. BUT, to be fair, it took me a while to warm up to the e92....I'm still quite partial to how the e46 looks. The perfect size for an m3, if u ask me. I just wish it had the v8 in it instead!!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 09:40 AM   #68
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iatros View Post
If the e92 is fat and soft (which I agree with, incidentally), then this new m4 is a bloated pig. Just cause its faster doesn't mean it's better. I think the car looks atrocious. BUT, to be fair, it took me a while to warm up to the e92....I'm still quite partial to how the e46 looks. The perfect size for an m3, if u ask me. I just wish it had the v8 in it instead!!
........it weighs approximately 200 lbs less

so stiffer materials, stiffer subframe design, lighter = more bloated?
      01-15-2014, 04:00 PM   #69
iatros
Private
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Blue 2008 E92

I hear ya, but it's longer and to be honest...200 lbs isn't THAT much weight savings. The lines of the car and it's overall presence does not confer one of nimbleness (I think I made that word up) or agility. I'm sure it will handle better due to some fancy computer aids and dynamic assist mode or whatever BMW calls it. I don't think a single person wants this car to be bigger than the current m3. But, like I said before, maybe I'll warm up to it when I seeing them rolling around town....
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 04:08 PM   #70
Randy M
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 B302 LS

The 435i I test drove was the perfect size imo.