proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

03-26-2014, 08:08 AM   #67
Jockey
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 992 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4 JTD View Post
Small update from BMW UK: The contrast stitching is actually a light grey rather than a pure white.
Good to know. Besides, pure white stitching would probably turn light grey on its own over a few months.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2014, 07:01 AM   #68
BM635
Private
Rep
Drives: E24 635CSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4 JTD
Quote:
Hi all,

I have some good news - A definitive answer from BMW UK regarding the white contrast being standard on both (LKSW “Extended” & X3SW “Full”) black Merino leather interiors.

Thank you for your email dated March 19, 2014.

I can confirm that contrast white stitching is available with black Extended Leather and Full Merino Leather on the BMW M4. Therefore, should you have ordered one of the mentioned Leather options, then the vehicle will be manufactured with white contrast stitching.

Once again, thank you for contacting BMW UK. I trust this information gives you the clarity you required. Should you require my attention in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

BMW Group UK”

Small update from BMW UK: The contrast stitching is actually a light grey rather than a pure white.
Just got my hands on a M3/M4 brochure. It says individual contrast stitching "Full-grain Merino leather in black with (yellow / Sakhir Orange / Blue / Silverstone) stitching" all carry option code "Z1XX". I guess the regular "X3SW" full black leather will not have any color stitching after all. When placing order for a new M3/M4, make sure they list the option codes on the order sheet, otherwise, you might not get what you've been asking for.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2014, 08:40 AM   #69
M8 JTD
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d & 718 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM635 View Post
Just got my hands on a M3/M4 brochure. It says individual contrast stitching "Full-grain Merino leather in black with (yellow / Sakhir Orange / Blue / Silverstone) stitching" all carry option code "Z1XX". I guess the regular "X3SW" full black leather will not have any color stitching after all. When placing order for a new M3/M4, make sure they list the option codes on the order sheet, otherwise, you might not get what you've been asking for.
Full details and explanation in my post on this thread:
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...=964234&page=2

Quote:
I totally agree.

I’ve been continually deliberating over this, my latest conclusion is that I can't really justify spending £2915 on Black "Full" leather given that you get the light grey contrast stitching with "Extended" as standard + The stitching on the door tops & passenger side dash top is black which is at odds with the contrast stitching everywhere else. Were I going for a Sakhir Orange, Silverstone or Sonoma Beige interior on the other hand then I think it would be worth spec'ing - See below:

Full explanation from BMW regarding interior colours and stitching:

"Both the LKSW Extended Black (standard) and X3SW Full Black (optional) leather upholsteries have the light Grey contrast stitching as standard.
This contrast stitching does not occur on the other three colours (Sakhir Orange, Silverstone or Sonoma Beige) because those colours come with double-colour leather panelling. As per the example below, the Sakhir Orange leather on the left brings a greater panel contrast than the Black on the right, which of course doesn’t. Because of this, the Black leather comes with the contrast stitching instead.
See "Door Panel.jpg"
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/att...1&d=1396008665

The confusion regarding additional contrast stitching on Sakhir Orange, etc is due to the fact that the Sakhir Orange, Silverstone or Sonoma Beige colours also bring with them a few lines of contrast stitching on the lower part of the dashboard.
See "Lower Dash.jpg"

Finally, from 2015 (though still to be confirmed) BMW will offer via "Individual" either Extended or Full Black leather with a choice of four contrast stitching colours: Sakhir Orange, Silverstone, Yellow or Blue:
See "2015 Individual Contrast Stitching.jpg"

I hope that clears things up
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2014, 08:44 AM   #70
BM635
Private
Rep
Drives: E24 635CSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4 JTD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BM635 View Post
Full details and explanation in my post on this thread:
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...234&page=2

Quote:
I totally agree.

Ive been continually deliberating over this, my latest conclusion is that I can't really justify spending 2915 on Black "Full" leather given that you get the light grey contrast stitching with "Extended" as standard + The stitching on the door tops & passenger side dash top is black which is at odds with the contrast stitching everywhere else. Were I going for a Sakhir Orange, Silverstone or Sonoma Beige interior on the other hand then I think it would be worth spec'ing - See below:

Full explanation from BMW regarding interior colours and stitching:

"Both the LKSW Extended Black (standard) and X3SW Full Black (optional) leather upholsteries have the light Grey contrast stitching as standard.
This contrast stitching does not occur on the other three colours (Sakhir Orange, Silverstone or Sonoma Beige) because those colours come with double-colour leather panelling. As per the example below, the Sakhir Orange leather on the left brings a greater panel contrast than the Black on the right, which of course doesnt. Because of this, the Black leather comes with the contrast stitching instead.
See "Door Panel.jpg"
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/att...p;d=1396008665

The confusion regarding additional contrast stitching on Sakhir Orange, etc is due to the fact that the Sakhir Orange, Silverstone or Sonoma Beige colours also bring with them a few lines of contrast stitching on the lower part of the dashboard.
See "Lower Dash.jpg"

Finally, from 2015 (though still to be confirmed) BMW will offer via "Individual" either Extended or Full Black leather with a choice of four contrast stitching colours: Sakhir Orange, Silverstone, Yellow or Blue:
See "2015 Individual Contrast Stitching.jpg"

I hope that clears things up
Many thanks for clearing that up! Much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2014, 09:16 AM   #71
Flying Brick
Private
Rep
Drives: m

"Both the LKSW Extended Black (standard)
Did any one catch the (Standard) part for the LKSW Extended Black ???
I though that it was a option that u had to pay for ??
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2014, 09:27 AM   #72
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Brick View Post
"Both the LKSW Extended Black (standard)
Did any one catch the (Standard) part for the LKSW Extended Black ???
I though that it was a option that u had to pay for ??
Extended leather is standard in the UK (where M4 JTD is from).
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2014, 02:02 PM   #73
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Looking at the press release pictures of the M4 convertible with the SO interior, it seems that it will have SO contrasting stitching on some of the black leather sections. Nice touch IMO
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 01:19 PM   #74
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4 and M2 in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post

To make things more confusing, I just received this e-mail from BMW Canada: "White contrast stitching on the Black Merino seat (both Extended and Full).
No contrast stitching on the other colours unless you get “Full Merino” in which case there is only contrast stitching on the lower dashboard and side door handle, not the actual seat."
This is actually great news for me as I have ordered the Full SO interior and was hoping for some type of contrast stitching. I did notice the silverstone contrast stitching on the newly released M4 pictures which has the SO interior. In the pic you can clearly see the contrast stitching as described by BMW Canada in your email response. Very happy about this!
Appreciate 0