EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

09-02-2015, 11:54 AM   #45
Its_lobelt
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Nice build. You can make your own plates in the UK? As in from any material you want as long as it shows the correct letters and numbers?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2015, 12:20 PM   #46
KudosM3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROB_S2K View Post
Nice build. You can make your own plates in the UK? As in from any material you want as long as it shows the correct letters and numbers?
Thanks, need to be the correct colour and correct font, spacing etc.

The plates also need to be marked legally by the issuer

Some make slight modifications at their own risk
Appreciate 1
      09-19-2015, 05:09 PM   #47
KudosM3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Vorsteiner VFF103

Ever since I got the M4 I had the intention of refurbing the OE 437M's in satin black. This was the main reason I spec'd the silver versions. I then grew to love the silver wheels as they look especially nice when a little dirty (lol) as the concave is pretty good for an OE part.

As people continue to move to the F8X M3/4 I'm seeing more and more on the road, all sporting the black 437M. Also, the 'go to' mods being the M Performance kit.

I decided against keeping the OE wheels and wanted to add a touch of individuality to my OEM+ theme. The problem for me was that I am quite particular with wheels and I'm not very fond of the aftermarket look.

I wanted something modern looking, aggressive and 20". Sounds easier than it is to find a wheel which offers all three.

In the end I pulled the trigger on a set of Vorsteiner VFF-103 in 20x9.5 for the front and 20x10.5 in the rear.

I decided to use Dan at Bespoke OEM to source me the wheels and recommend a tyre package. They had the wheels in stock and could get the tyres for me overnight, so I put the order in and turned up the next day.

I was a little nervous on the day as I thought I may have made a mistake not ordering the wheels in 'Mystic Black' as this was my first choice, however when I arrived the 'Carbon Graphite' finish to the wheels is incredible and suits YMB absolutely perfectly. In addition the wheels looked humongous with the tyres mounted ready to go on. I was over the moon.

We opted for 275/30/20 & 295/30/20 P-Zero's.

Onto the pictures..

Ready to get transformed

One side completed - stance looks perfect

All completed - some with Dan's MW M4

The complete look achieved has far exceeded what I thought was going to be possible. It's hard to explain, but it's almost like these wheels were made for this car. The 20inch diameter and widths perfectly accentuate the arches on the M4 and really give the car massive road presence - looks like a proper monster now.

I also left my silver 437M set with them to powdercoat in satin black. They should be back with me in a week or so.
Appreciate 1
      09-20-2015, 12:55 PM   #48
Nomana
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Beautiful
Appreciate 1
      10-06-2015, 04:58 AM   #49
KudosM3
First Lieutenant
Rep

First post updated with all major changes in the short time I've acquired the car
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2015, 05:15 PM   #50
KudosM3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Covered 3,954 miles now - been loving the car and tHe colour!

A few photos I have taken over the last month in differing light

Appreciate 2
      10-10-2015, 05:22 PM   #51
KudosM3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Some in the beautiful sunshine

YMB really pops

Appreciate 3
      11-29-2015, 05:57 AM   #52
KudosM3
First Lieutenant
Rep

About time that there was an update to this

A lot of my time has been taken up with a new project that I've started.

Anyway, the M4 is running beautifully with the suspension all settled in and my bonding period with the car.

In summary, since upgrading to the 20inch Vorsteiner's, the ride quality has improved believe it or not! The car feels more planted and the visual impact has greatly increased the stance/road presence.

I have a rear diffuser to think about and I'm thinking of ditching the M Performance rear spoiler for a Mode Carbon item, but I'll speak to Sam@modecarbon about that!

Here are a few recent pics

Appreciate 4
      11-29-2015, 01:28 PM   #53
Daiz4yota
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 AW M8 Competition Coupe

Absolutely amazing. Saving this thread for when I get my AW M4 so I can remember what mods to add!
Appreciate 1
      12-13-2015, 08:54 AM   #54
KudosM3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Watford Exhaust Meet Sunday 6th December 2015

Recently made my way over to a meet organised for some coding a few of the F8X owners wanted done which then turned into an exhaust meet :muttley:

It was an opportunity for me to meet some local-ish owners and to hear some aftermarket exhaust. Up until that day, all I had heard was an MPE.

It was a great turnout and had a chance to listen to the Armytrix system, IPE F1 and also a custom downpipes full system. All sounded great!

Appreciate 0
      12-13-2015, 08:55 AM   #55
KudosM3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Mulgari Automotive HQ meet Saturday 12th December 2015

While work has been slowing down, it's meant I've had more free time to attend a few meets,so following on from the Watford exhaust showcase last week I made my way over to Mulgari Automotive's M-Enthusiast afternoon.

Main reason were to listen to the Akrapovic Evolution they had fitted to one of their customers M4 convertible and also to finally catch up with Stefano and his beast of an M4.

It's a very impressive setup they have

...and then this happened - the sound was incredible on the move. Pretty much made my mind up on the spot for what system to buy. On to that in a few posts though

I think I'll be going for the same diffuser too which is a 3D Design item. Big money, however

I think this was a very expensive Saturday afternoon's work :muttley:
Appreciate 1
      12-13-2015, 08:55 AM   #56
KudosM3
First Lieutenant
Rep

M Performance Carbon Diffuser (replica)

As I have been running the whole M Performance kit, bar the rear diffuser from new it has always felt like something has been missing on the rear end.

I can't make my mind up which to go for, as I think the M Performance item is frankly a bit tame and stuck on. I thought I wanted the Vorsteiner item, but I've gone cold on it in recent weeks - it's almost a little too aggressive.

So for the time being, after slagging it off so much , I picked up the eBay replica which has received rave reviews as for £200 I'll most likely just chuck it away when I have made my decision on which way to go.

So here goes, I'll be brutally honest with what I think of it...

First up, took the OE off. One screw on each side and two in the middle section

New vs old

Then clipped the new carbon diffuser in and bolted up

Fitment is, I'd say 90%. The middle seems to be tighter with the bumper than the sides. The finish is very good on the carbon fibre, can't complain for £200 but, I won't lie, it's starting to bug me that it isn't OEM like the rest of the car.

But, as I said it's a stop gap while I decide so I'll run it for a little while yet.

It ended up being a carbon fibre filled month, as I picked up a set of genuine BMW carbon fibre mirror caps also from the forum

I've held off fitting these as I am in two minds whether I like them lol. I almost feel like, once fitted, you lose the shape of the M mirror spoke in amongst all the gloss black mirror backing.

Maybe they'll grow on me..
Appreciate 1
      12-13-2015, 08:56 AM   #57
KudosM3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Akrapovic Evolution w/ Carbon Tailpipes

As a result of the Mulgari meet and specifically Dev's car (white M4) I've put an order in for an Akrapovic Evolution system

Should be here Friday

Here are some photos from Mulgari's website of the system which I particularly like

Akrapovic Evolution pipe which deletes the secondary cats

Akrapovic cast titanium exhaust valves

Akrapovic carbon tailpipes

"Crafted entirely from titanium, the Evolution system has a unique sound to complement its substantial increase over a very wide rpm range. In-depth engineering has produced a sound completely different from the stock system, giving a deep and sporty sound – with no unwanted overtones or drone, and also a significant change to the sound with the valves in the open or closed positions. The Evolution system needs no re-programming of the ECU because it doesn’t trigger any warning lights." - IND Distribution
Appreciate 2
      12-13-2015, 09:21 AM   #58
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Brilliant work, mate! Love almost everything you've done, and I've been thinking of a few of the simlar things to this on my YMB F82. Thanks for this photo journal to help others, like myself, along the way.
Appreciate 1
      12-13-2015, 12:37 PM   #59
iatacs19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M4

Looking forward to seeing the Akra exhaust!
      12-26-2015, 03:45 PM   #60
KudosM3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Akrapovič Evolution Titanium system

It's arrived and it's incredible.

The packaging and quality is second to none.

It really does look special.

Evolution Link Pipes

Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 03:46 PM   #61
KudosM3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Slip-On section

Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 03:47 PM   #62
KudosM3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Akra Carbon tailpipes

Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 04:08 PM   #63
DreaminBMW
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: '03 Acura RSX '13 Acura MDX

You sir, have one amazing ride, passion and talent! Congrats! There are more than a few shots in there convincing me of YMB!
      01-01-2016, 02:42 PM   #64
KudosM3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Made my way over to another photoshoot with some 'M' friends

The Akra Evo not fitted at this point..

Appreciate 1
      01-07-2016, 10:36 AM   #65
KudosM3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Akrapovic Evolution install - December 2015

The day had arrived for the Akra to get fitted to my M4

I was super excited and tried to get a few snaps during the process.

In true spirit of how this journal is progressing, more photos - less commentary!

OEM system off - it's huge and one piece!

Nice comparison

Fitting the valves

Akrapovic love a bit of branding don't they... They include their own sealant lol Dread to think how much of the cost of the system was associated to these..

While the car was in the air, the BMW Carbon mirrors were fitted

More on that later...

Exhaust on

Full Evolution system to the downpipes

Time to adjust the tailpipes.

I wanted them to sit slightly proud of the rear diffuser so the lettering on the tips is visible. One thing I didn't count for is that the exhaust expands with heat so the tips protrude slightly further out after a spirited drive, but I think this all worked out ok.

Money shot

Weather wasn't great so once the system was on, rest of the day spent packaging and storing away the OEM giant of a one piece system.

Had a quick blast down the road and system sounds very good higher in the rev range, lots of pops and crackles.

My valves are plugged in currently.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 11:01 AM   #66
KudosM3
First Lieutenant
Rep

BMW M Performance boot spoiler refit

Ever since the spoiler was fitted when I got the car, I wasn't happy with it. I fitted this myself and it was never perfect.

So I ripped it off the car and with the help of Paul, got this refitted to as perfect as can be.

Very happy again!

The boot looks so naked without it
Appreciate 0