Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

10-23-2017, 09:01 PM   #45
Djvolume
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016-X5M 2018-M4 Comp 2024-X5

Hey I'm stopping by for a tour of the shop!
      10-23-2017, 10:35 PM   #46
Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: A car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f8xxer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Performance Products View Post
We selected a premiere facility in Taiwan to build the majority of our F8X system to ensure consistent quality and fair pricing

Oof.

No offense, but I've yet to see "consistent quality" from the Taiwanese exhaust companies. Fair pricing, yes, but big names Armytrix and Fi are Taiwanese made and you definitely get problems with those systems, but at least yours are priced more in line with that type of quality than those brands.

Thanks for being honest, though, I don't think your last employer is doing that. Wonder if you're using his same supplier...
Quote:
Quote:
We selected a premiere facility in Taiwan to build the majority of our F8X system to ensure consistent quality and fair pricing

Oof.

No offense, but I've yet to see "consistent quality" from the Taiwanese exhaust companies. Fair pricing, yes, but big names Armytrix and Fi are Taiwanese made and you definitely get problems with those systems, but at least yours are priced more in line with that type of quality than those brands.

Thanks for being honest, though, I don't think your last employer is doing that. Wonder if you're using his same supplier...
You are incorrect. Plenty great quality from Taiwan.
      10-23-2017, 10:37 PM   #47
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
LOL, yep just joined this forum as a potential M4 buyer (...)

Guess my unease was kind of well founded, too. While I am personally not in the market for Taiwanese made exhausts, I'm sure you will find a market for those that are, they are nice looking regardless of other features. Me personally I don't like having to use my warranty.
if you don't like to use your warranty then don't buy a BMW. It isn't the pinnacle of reliability.

I posted because, while having no affiliation with Soul whatsoever, your posts rubbed me the wrong way somewhat. As well as the questionable comment of not having to use a warranty - the point is to have it in the first place. Have you ever heard of the MTBF concept? Every manufactured product has statistical failures, so rather than pray I won't be the unlucky one I always prefer to be covered by a warranty - and so should you.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2017, 10:37 PM   #48
Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: A car.

Product looks good guys. I know the pricing of exhaust systems directly from China/Taiwan. I just hope you aren't too greedy and price these systems well and not yet another $5k system.
      10-24-2017, 12:23 AM   #49
InsideMan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Quote:
hah, guess I was onto something when I decided to ask where your stuff was made, since my posts in this thread probing further on this topic are now magically disappearing.

I guess I touched a nerve, which is ironic since you asking the mods for my posts to be deleted on this topic seems exactly the opposite of 'open and honest'.

was a genuine observation given what my bud had seen upon visiting your place.
I was preparing to respond when I noticed some posts were deleted - which was not a request of ours. Jason can you confirm? You didn't touch a nerve - we're having a topical and pointed conversation.

-Mike
You are far too kind. Much respect.

I hope you don't become too jaded after dealing with haters every day.
Appreciate 2
      10-24-2017, 10:21 AM   #50
Soul Performance Products
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / 987.2 Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
I would much better get a product from Taiwan than a product made from China. Not every company is Akrapovic with their quality control, you start some where. You either accept that fact or you don't.

A company that is honest and upfront is better than a company that is constantly hiding behind it's bs like what Fabspeed was doing a few months ago with their fiasco.

I still find it funny people judge an engine sound and exhaust tone from YT videos that clearly distorts the acoustics too much. Because iPhone videos help a lot with decisions

Good luck with the product SOUL~ Nice to see another company prop up.
Thank you! Glad to be here! Ultimately it comes down to quality control. We have feet on the ground making sure everything is done correctly. Several hands touch everything here and put each component through a microscope. There's no point in hiding anything, no shame in trying different routes, reaching out into the world and and developing new strategies in order to get customers the best possible value for their money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djvolume View Post
Hey I'm stopping by for a tour of the shop!
Hey thanks for the phone call! Wait until you hear the 991 Turbo we're doing development on now! We ask that anyone interested in stopping by give us a heads up - we're usually very busy / sometimes out doing R&D and prefer advance notice so we can make time to chat and let you know what's cooking in the shop in case you want to hear something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguino View Post
You are incorrect. Plenty great quality from Taiwan.
Indeed. There are both great and bad products from Taiwan. There are also great and bad products from the US - and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
if you don't like to use your warranty then don't buy a BMW. It isn't the pinnacle of reliability.

I posted because, while having no affiliation with Soul whatsoever, your posts rubbed me the wrong way somewhat. As well as the questionable comment of not having to use a warranty - the point is to have it in the first place. Have you ever heard of the MTBF concept? Every manufactured product has statistical failures, so rather than pray I won't be the unlucky one I always prefer to be covered by a warranty - and so should you.
We evaluated the user experience from start to finish and try to refine it. The website should be informative, clear, and vivid with good photos and videos. We want to be able to get you product immediately without waiting, so we stock and build to have it ready when you are. Customer service is king, so we are "on" 24-7 to try and take care of everyone from the first question to checking in on you in years to come. As mentioned there is always the chance for failure - especially since cars are designed to be used and our market tends to use them hard. We've seen many instances of customers having issues with warranties - so if we are going to have a warranty, we want it to be the best and make it very clear we side with customers. We're also warrantying for track use -go out there and aim for glory with our products, we've got your back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguino View Post
Product looks good guys. I know the pricing of exhaust systems directly from China/Taiwan. I just hope you aren't too greedy and price these systems well and not yet another $5k system.
Thank you! Far from it, I think you'll find our pricing quite fair for a full valved catback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideMan View Post
You are far too kind. Much respect.

I hope you don't become too jaded after dealing with haters every day.
Thank you, I appreciate that! Being able to make people happy makes me happy and keeps me going. As Einstein said, "strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."

Thank you for the support everyone! We value your input, compliments, criticism, suggestions and we'll use them to do better as we grow.

-Mike

Last edited by Soul Performance Products; 10-24-2017 at 10:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 10:47 AM   #51
E60orBust
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: "The Brothers //M-Sport" E90/2

Non-resonated price quote to 20774 with 3.5” Slash Cut
      10-24-2017, 06:43 PM   #52
zzirgrizz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Price shipped to 84094, non resonated. Thanks

3.5 carbon tips
Appreciate 1
      10-24-2017, 06:49 PM   #53
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F07 LCI

Although I don't have an F8X, I can also attest to SOUL's integrity. Some of the nicest fellas i've worked with. They modified my 3" exhaust for a better tone and built me some custom one/off burnt copper 4" exhaust tips with carbon fiber surrounds. You don't know how many compliments I get on them. My IG feature showcasing the tips is one of my most viral posts.

They'll make sure you're 100% satisfied with the product, and make one of the only F8X exhausts I like. Great price, great quality. And to those who believe if "it's not American-made it's no good," i've seen Taiwan-built product 10x better quality than its American counterpart.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-24-2017, 07:09 PM   #54
AJM1125
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 Competition

Hey! Interested in the Carbon fiber 3.5 tips, please PM me pricing! Thank you
Appreciate 1
      10-24-2017, 07:40 PM   #55
NWMcoupe
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Coupe

Price for resonated and non resonated with carbon tips shipped to 98006 please
Appreciate 1
      10-24-2017, 09:46 PM   #56
shellman0911
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mineral Grey M3

Price for non-resonated Carbon Fiber and straight cut to 63141 please!

Thanks!
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2017, 08:54 AM   #57
Banned
United_States
Rep

Thank you for the love and support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackGT View Post
Although I don't have an F8X, I can also attest to SOUL's integrity. Some of the nicest fellas i've worked with. They modified my 3" exhaust for a better tone and built me some custom one/off burnt copper 4" exhaust tips with carbon fiber surrounds. You don't know how many compliments I get on them. My IG feature showcasing the tips is one of my most viral posts.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 09:31 AM   #58
WiL335i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Coupe Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolate1
Sounds like a lawnmower, not your fault I guess it's just this 6 cylinder. I can't trick my brain into thinking this actually sounds good
My thoughts exactly.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 08:02 PM   #59
hatepotholez
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick f82 View Post
Non res
Would it be possible to come to a Queens meet by fresh meadows, there might be one tomorrow. Would love to hear this exhaust in person.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 02:04 AM   #60
manni22gp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: The ultimate driving machine!

Can anyone explain why the F80/82/83 aftermarket exhausts all follow the same "convoluted" design of the stock exhaust? Why not Pipe/silencer/exit, rather than pipe/split/silencer/exit?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 08:42 AM   #61
BigDog
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80

Do you do installs at your location? I wouldn't mind driving over and having it fitted by you guys... with that being said, could you please PM me pricing options to 07086
      10-26-2017, 09:39 AM   #62
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog View Post
Do you do installs at your location? I wouldn't mind driving over and having it fitted by you guys... with that being said, could you please PM me pricing options to 07086
We absolutely do! PM'ing you now.

-Mike
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 12:19 PM   #63
Powaup
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Supra 3.0 (Past: 2015 M23

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Please pm price
      11-01-2017, 12:12 PM   #64
Banned
United_States
Rep

M4YHEM means business with his 4" slash cut single wall tips!

We're standing by to chat if you have any questions about our Valvetronic Exhaust! Call, email, PM, DM - we're here!

-Mike
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2017, 01:53 PM   #65
M4YHEM
hokage
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

My tips are beginning to change color with the heat and I love it
Attached Images

11-06-2017, 10:56 AM   #66
Banned
United_States
Rep

Another one.

Non-Resonated with factory downpipes - we're happy to have another happy customer out on the streets! Who's next?
Appreciate 0