European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

12-09-2013, 11:31 AM   #111
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

No Active Sound pumping fake noises into the cabin? Blasphemy!!

In all seriousness, I love that NATURAL V8 rumble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucBroDude View Post
TRAITOR.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #112
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep

and for comparison, listen to this C7 Vette:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
Quote:
TRAITOR.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #113
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Welp, so much for me being gung-ho on a MkVII GTI or BRZ. This means I have to wait even longer though.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #114
JTO24
never could compete with Lloyd Braun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev ///Me View Post

Yessss
2015 F80 M3 DCT | Tanzanite Blue | Gold Brown (sold)
2013 E92 M3 6MT | Mineral White | Fox Red/Black (sold)
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #115
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...trol-exclusive

Quote:
There have been quite a few headlines regarding the new 2015 Ford Mustang in the past week, but one that's got people buzzing is about a new secret feature that Ford won't talk about yet. We'd speculated that the feature would have to do with executing burnouts after being tipped to the possibility by Gary Gastelu at Fox News.
While our sources have refused to comment about specific features on the record, we've been able to confirm that one of the secret features in the 2015 Mustang will indeed be an electronic system that will help drivers execute the perfect, smoky, epic burnout. Think launch control for burnouts.

MUST WATCH: Hear The 2015 Ford Mustang GT Start & Rev: Video

Our sources haven't given us any clues as to how the system might operate, but there are several possible routes to deliver the functionality. One way would be to enable a line lock on the front brakes, while simultaneously disabling traction control, with or without a rev-limiter to get the engine speed up to the ideal for a clutch dump and subsequent smoky burnout.

We can already see some of you cringing at the thought of the electronic aid in performing your burnouts, and, we suspect that like launch control systems, the burnout feature can be disabled to let you roast your tires the old fashioned way, too.

The 2015 Ford Mustang is shaping up to have a long list of high-tech features. From independent rear suspension to new technology features such as adaptive cruise control and blind spot monitoring, this is sure to be the most advanced, and civilized Mustang to date.

Whether the new burnout function is the only secret feature the new 2015 Ford Mustang will offer remains to be seen, but we can't wait to slide behind the wheel and see how this new system works for ourselves.

Until then, we'd suggest you listen to what the new Mustang GT sounds like, because frankly, it just sounds ballsy.
Quote:
TRAITOR.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #116
Jai 302
Banned
Rep
Drives: F13 640i

Funny to see a bunch of 3 series owners with their plastic interior say the '15 Mustang's interior looks cheap. To be honest the '11 Mustang has an interior that looks and feels better than the F30's hard plastic interior. No offence to anyone but people owning anything below a 5 series assume their plastic interior is better than someone else's plastic interior just because of the badge on the hood. Plastic is plastic.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 12:12 AM   #117
majin ssj eric
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Sedan

I don't personally care for the new Mustang's interior to be honest. Its OK but not as good as I was hoping for.

In other news I don't give a rat's ass about the interior of the new Mustang, it WILL be my next car because it is just a staggering vehicle in almost every other way!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #118
secretsquirrel
Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev ///Me View Post

Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 05:35 PM   #119
aspensilver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 540I E39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24601 View Post
+1

Cheap knock off of an Aston. Nice rental car... but still a poor mans M3.

Ohh the snobbery. So many BMW owners here feeling threatened. Are you gonna feel its a poor man's M3 when it beats an E92 M3 with no mods? What if some of the higher end Mustangs beat God's Chariot handily for a lower price?

I think its funny, if someone said BMW would have a less luxurious interior but for $36K you could get a NA V8 with over 420HP, limited slip differential (everyone drooling over this happening on non M cars) everyone would say "yeah I'm ok with a cheaper interior and spend the money on performance, this sounds AWESOME and back to BMW being about driving"

It seems like now many BMW drivers are more concerned with the badge, looks, interior quality, and last driving. No it won't be as nice of an interior as a BMW, but its a far cry from Ford of the past. Sit in a new Fusion, it's quite nice. Not as nice as a BMW, but I'll be too busy driving fast to notice.

I think with the advances Ford has made and the price point of this nice looking Mustang, buying a BMW includes a hefty badge-fee. I would have NEVER considered a Mustang and I was refreshing 2series and 4series forums a few times a day until they showed this '15 Mustang. It looks great, and wow the performance! I can live with a cheaper interior than a BMW, I'm looking for the ultimate driving machine
Appreciate 0