Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

01-27-2018, 12:04 PM   #1
jschulz79
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

XPEL - BMWCCA Discount

I apologize if: (a) this is a stupid question or (b) this has been addressed elsewhere (I searched...didn't see anything).

BMWCCA's website lists a 20% discount for XPEL products purchased through XPEL's website. My understanding is that most (all?) XPEL authorized dealers cut the film on-site, as opposed to purchasing kits from XPEL. So I'm guessing that 20% discount doesn't do you any good if you're having a dealer do it for you? I can't imagine there are many people buying kits online and doing it themselves. Has anyone looked into this before?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 12:49 PM   #2
Aaaaaaaaa
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: The other M3

A good installer cuts everything on site and maybe all custom cuts.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 01:18 PM   #3
jschulz79
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheerlx View Post
I figured as much. I was just curious if anyone found a way to make use of the BMWCCA discount with an XPEL installer.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 05:33 PM   #4
Aaaaaaaaa
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: The other M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschulz79 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheerlx View Post
I figured as much. I was just curious if anyone found a way to make use of the BMWCCA discount with an XPEL installer.
Ask if your installer will give a cash discount...
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 09:34 AM   #5
Eric S
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: in pre-order stages

If you were to bring the parts to the installer, would be comp you the full costs of your kit? Nope. You ordering the parts from Xpel is going to make things more costly in the end. NOt to mention if the installer needs to redo a piece, or the film is defective, etc...

The Xpel site is for those looking to install themselves with a kit.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 06:59 AM   #6
radiofrequency
Field Marshall
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP, 2021 M2 Comp

I would put very little faith in any discounts offered through BMWCCA being honored. Perhaps only the discount on OEM Parts purchased directly from the dealer, and even then you will get plenty of attitude form the Parts Salesperson. I have purchased several new vehicles over the past few years, and I dutifully send in all of the required paperwork to BMWCCA to activate my rebate check, it typically takes about two monthsfor a response, and then there is usually some weird reason that they tell my I am ineligible for the rebate. The latest vehicle I purchased was a 2018 M4 ZCP for cash, and they said they could not fund the rebate because I received a "Fleet Discount", even though no such discount is noted on my invoice.

I didn't mean to hijack your thread with the above info - my bad! But do you really want to XPel your car as a DIY? I've seen DIYer's get it right, but it takes a huge amount of patience, and time. For me it would prove too difficult, I send mine to my Detailer, he is XPel authorized, did the front hood, bumper, mirrors and front fenders - $1 800 excluding tax.
Appreciate 0