EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

06-23-2016, 08:44 AM   #573
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryTheLabelGuy View Post
So, I was at the gas station yesterday with an E85 pump nozzle hanging out of my car and a clean 135i pulled up at the E85 pump right behind mine. The guy jumps out and immediately walks over to check out the M4 and the first thing he said was "Nice wheels, I love them. What brand?" I told him they were OEM and this was an M4 Comp Pack and he was shocked. He literally couldn't believe the ZCP were OEM and would not stop raving about how much he loved them. This is coming from a guy who owns a really clean and tastefully modded 135i with aftermarket deep-concave wheels (not sure of the brand) with a pretty aggressive fitment. He didn't follow the F8x boards and had never heard of the M4 GTS or the ZCP so he'd never seen these wheels before (in pictures or in person) and hadn't been tainted by all of the negative comments on the wheel's design.

I get thumbs up and random comments, particularly about the wheels, almost daily. Of course people are interested in the M4 ZCP as a whole package, but my point is that the wheels aren't an issue with people in person, particularly with people that have never seen them in pictures.

I've decided to keep my ZCP wheels and am going to take them off the market. They are just too special to part with, especially after lowering on Swift Spec R's with a 15/15mm spacers setup. 🔥👈😍
Are you kidding about the E85?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 08:46 AM   #574
CaryTheLabelGuy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
Are you kidding about the E85?
No. Why would I be kidding?
Appreciate 1
      06-23-2016, 08:46 AM   #575
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
No. Why would I be kidding?
Because the M3/4 is not E85 certified.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 08:49 AM   #576
CaryTheLabelGuy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Because the M3/4 is not E85 certified.
Certified? No.

I'm running a JB4 and run an E32 ethanol mixture (4 gals E85 with the rest 93 octane). This equals about 97 octane.
Appreciate 1
      06-23-2016, 08:51 AM   #577
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Certified? No.

I'm running a JB4 and run an E32 ethanol mixture (4 gals E85 with the rest 93 octane). This equals about 97 octane.

Thought you were running straight E85 which if I'm not mistaken could be corrosive.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 08:53 AM   #578
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
So, I was at the gas station yesterday with an E85 pump nozzle hanging out of my car and a clean 135i pulled up at the E85 pump right behind mine. The guy jumps out and immediately walks over to check out the M4 and the first thing he said was "Nice wheels, I love them. What brand?" I told him they were OEM and this was an M4 Comp Pack and he was shocked. He literally couldn't believe the ZCP were OEM and would not stop raving about how much he loved them. This is coming from a guy who owns a really clean and tastefully modded 135i with aftermarket deep-concave wheels (not sure of the brand) with a pretty aggressive fitment. He didn't follow the F8x boards and had never heard of the M4 GTS or the ZCP so he'd never seen these wheels before (in pictures or in person) and hadn't been tainted by all of the negative comments on the wheel's design.

I get thumbs up and random comments, particularly about the wheels, almost daily. Of course people are interested in the M4 ZCP as a whole package, but my point is that the wheels aren't an issue with people in person, particularly with people that have never seen them in pictures.

I've decided to keep my ZCP wheels and am going to take them off the market. They are just too special to part with, especially after lowering on Swift Spec R's with a 15/15mm spacers setup. 🔥👈😍
Not surprising at all. The first time I saw a CP, it was an Austin Yellow (was so happy) M4 at a supermarket. It was a PC car.

I started taking as many pics as I could while the guy was inside, but there were 2 gentlemen that walked by and the first thing they said was how good the wheels are and how unique they look. Not 1 word about the car itself or the crazy yellow paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M/// View Post
That's good but I still don't like them. And I have seen them in person. Am not hating on the ZCP by any means but feel like there were so many better options that BMW could have gone with. The 5-6 Spoke concave design looks so much more aggressive but they chose to go with a meshy blingy wheel. There is a large number of people who would love that kind of a wheel but I'm not one of them. I like simpler designs like the Black OEM 19's which I think are pretty good for a stock wheel. My favorite has always been the Volk TE 37's. Simple, timeless design. Never liked wheels that have too much going on and especially the criss-cross mesh.

But if you love it that's what matters Cheers.
I honestly think the CP's look more aggressive than the 19s, although the black finish does help. I think the design is just a bit too close to the E63 M6 wheels.

Honestly though, my favorite wheels would be the 513M in 19" size. But I like the CP wheels so much that I'm just going to do what Cary did, and get a set of Apex wheels for the track.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 09:03 AM   #579
CaryTheLabelGuy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Thought you were running straight E85 which if I'm not mistaken could be corrosive.
It isn't a big deal on a modern fuel system. I ran straight E85 for over 5 years in my 620whp Evo VIII with zero issues. It certainly wasn't "certified". Of course, I had to tune the car for that and had to have much bigger injectors (1600cc FIC injectors) and 2 Walboro 255lph in-tank fuel pumps to supply the fuel. The fuel lines were still bone stock. Also, I've tuned countless platforms for E85 that are still running E85 today, many years later with zero issues.

The reason you couldn't run 100% E85 on the stock S55 is because the DME doesn't have the fuel trim range to run that much ethanol. This can be fixed with a flash for up-to E60-70 on the stock fuel system.
Appreciate 2
      06-23-2016, 09:16 AM   #580
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 Manual AW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Not surprising at all. The first time I saw a CP, it was an Austin Yellow (was so happy) M4 at a supermarket. It was a PC car.

I started taking as many pics as I could while the guy was inside, but there were 2 gentlemen that walked by and the first thing they said was how good the wheels are and how unique they look. Not 1 word about the car itself or the crazy yellow paint.

I honestly think the CP's look more aggressive than the 19s, although the black finish does help. I think the design is just a bit too close to the E63 M6 wheels.

Honestly though, my favorite wheels would be the 513M in 19" size. But I like the CP wheels so much that I'm just going to do what Cary did, and get a set of Apex wheels for the track.
By the way, when are you finally ordering your car? I have seen you post here forever

My Amazing European Delivery Story
Appreciate 1
      06-23-2016, 09:27 AM   #581
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M/// View Post
By the way, when are you finally ordering your car? I have seen you post here forever
The plan is right around Thanksgiving, so hopefully delivery for early next year. It's been one hell of a long journey haha
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 10:20 AM   #582
phoenx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F80 M3, Tacoma, GT4 RS

Quote:
The plan is right around Thanksgiving, so hopefully delivery for early next year. It's been one hell of a long journey haha
It took me a little 2 years of planning to take delivery of mine. Cant wait to see what you get given how many times you've changed colors .
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 10:45 AM   #583
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
It isn't a big deal on a modern fuel system. I ran straight E85 for over 5 years in my 620whp Evo VIII with zero issues. It certainly wasn't "certified". Of course, I had to tune the car for that and had to have much bigger injectors (1600cc FIC injectors) and 2 Walboro 255lph in-tank fuel pumps to supply the fuel. The fuel lines were still bone stock. Also, I've tuned countless platforms for E85 that are still running E85 today, many years later with zero issues.

The reason you couldn't run 100% E85 on the stock S55 is because the DME doesn't have the fuel trim range to run that much ethanol. This can be fixed with a flash for up-to E60-70 on the stock fuel system.
Thanks for the reply. That's pretty interesting. I don't know much about E85 use in this setting.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 11:28 AM   #584
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenx View Post
It took me a little 2 years of planning to take delivery of mine. Cant wait to see what you get given how many times you've changed colors .
The color combo will be out there, that's for sure.

My dogs helped picked the colors. Not even remotely joking
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 12:34 PM   #585
idyfohu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:

Yup...before I ordered my ZCP (AW), I, like most, was really on the fence about the wheels. Cliche, but after seeing them in person, I'm really digging them, not to mention for resale down the road it's nice to have the ZCP wheels with the ZCP car. The one thing I'm doing is going to powdercoat them a darker gunmetal to add a bit of contrast, since generally I'm not a fan of silver wheels on white.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2016, 11:24 AM   #586
Nicky_do_it
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP manual (previous)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idyfohu View Post
Yup...before I ordered my ZCP (AW), I, like most, was really on the fence about the wheels. Cliche, but after seeing them in person, I'm really digging them, not to mention for resale down the road it's nice to have the ZCP wheels with the ZCP car. The one thing I'm doing is going to powdercoat them a darker gunmetal to add a bit of contrast, since generally I'm not a fan of silver wheels on white.
Love the wheels. I was also in the camp against the wheels before seeing them in person. I haven't driven my zcp much but most compliments i have gotten are mostly on the wheels. I like the black 19's on the non-zcp especially on lighter colors. However my zcp m3 is black and i really like the contrast of the silver 20''wheels. The wheels are also grey on the outer rim which i think is a nice touch.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 03:30 PM   #587
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
CaryTheLabelGuy are you not getting the Hex-Tuning ?

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 05:35 PM   #588
CaryTheLabelGuy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
CaryTheLabelGuy are you not getting the Hex-Tuning ?
No plans to right now. I'm waiting for PTF's BootMod3 product so I can tune my own car and stack it with my JB4. As a former tuner, I have a healthy distrust for other "tuners", nothing against HEX tuning. I have zero idea what any of them are manipulating and I know from experience, there can be unintended consequences.

Besides, I already have most of the HEX tunings features stock from BMW in the ZCP software.

Last edited by CaryTheLabelGuy; 06-28-2016 at 05:41 PM..
Appreciate 1
      06-28-2016, 06:12 PM   #589
VF-Engineering
Major
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
No plans to right now. I'm waiting for PTF's BootMod3 product so I can tune my own car and stack it with my JB4. As a former tuner, I have a healthy distrust for other "tuners", nothing against HEX tuning. I have zero idea what any of them are manipulating and I know from experience, there can be unintended consequences.

Besides, I already have most of the HEX tunings features stock from BMW in the ZCP software.
No offense taken.

You definitely fall into the "advanced user" category where your prior tuning knowledge, ability to properly read and diagnose through data logging, (and assumed access to a local dyno) make you an ideal candidate for the features provided by BootMod3.

If they do provide the access to the number of tables within the ECU as they seem to be shooting for, the idea of "stacking" is probably not even necessary.
Appreciate 2
      07-05-2016, 12:40 PM   #590
Tinkerino
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 2016 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
First off, very nice car, congrats.

You don't have to justify anything to anybody, it's your money. But, I and many others have been around awhile as well and I don't think you help your credibility by continually saying that you took zero financial loss. It just doesn't work that way unless you figured out how to get a 15 M4 to not depreciate. Then there is taxes etc. I got 15% off of my 15 M4, I couldn't sell it right now for what I paid for it plus recoup taxes and start up fees. Unless I got one desperate buyer, which I guess could happen.

Anyway, like I said, nice car and I'm sure it is improved over the non ZCP. Day and night difference like you keep describing is what I (and others) are skeptical about.
Is 15% off even possible? That's like 7k below invoice?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 12:54 PM   #591
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:

The Hex tuning is just flavor of the month IMO. Itll fade once BM3 or a like solution is available.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 12:54 PM   #592
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerino View Post
Is 15% off even possible? That's like 7k below invoice?
I got really lucky. Sticker was about 81k and I got it for 68k. It had been sitting there for almost a year and they wanted it gone. Right place right time. It is the only time it has ever happened to me that I got that good of a deal.

Just an add on to this. I traded it in on my GT350 and they gave me 63,500, which is much higher compared to what everybody else was offering. Most were around 58-59 for trade-in. Just adding this part in because I still have a hard time with part of OPs story, but whatever, it is what is.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 01:02 PM   #593
CaryTheLabelGuy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I got really lucky. Sticker was about 81k and I got it for 68k. It had been sitting there for almost a year and they wanted it gone. Right place right time. It is the only time it has ever happened to me that I got that good of a deal.

Just an add on to this. I traded it in on my GT350 and they gave me 63,500, which is much higher compared to what everybody else was offering. Most were around 58-59 for trade-in. Just adding this part in because I still have a hard time with part of OPs story, but whatever, it is what is.
I'm going to take a picture of the Buyers Order showing what they paid for my car. It's a legitimate story.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 06:54 PM   #594
VF-Engineering
Major
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
The Hex tuning is just flavor of the month IMO. Itll fade once BM3 or a like solution is available.
I'm not sure what constitutes "flavor of the month", but we're two months in since the re-release with demand growing every day as there are more and more positive reviews, and the results remain directly in line with our advertised claims.

I feel like we've just begun to scratch the surface, and in our opinion there will always be room for a product that delivers exactly what is promised.

The other option is more focused on the enthusiast tuner who wants customization and the ability to test and tune themselves. I have no doubt it will be a cool product and that there is enough market share for everyone.

(there's still far less software options than exhaust, or suspension, or carbon fiber bits!)
Appreciate 3