Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

09-16-2015, 10:05 PM   #89
Rustspar
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

I'm on the same boat as you, car showing discharged but no information what so ever for the delivery date.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2015, 06:48 AM   #90
mgcyr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 GTS, ‘17 Cayenne

I don't see anything when I enter my VIN into the decoder.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-06-2015, 08:56 AM   #91
sunnyboy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 - SO/SS, 6MT

Garage List
Well, if you go to post#7 of this thread, I have listed links on there for how to track your car as it gets delivered. Once discharged on your boat, you will need to track the boat and not the car. Once the boat gets into open seas (left Germany shores), you will not be able to track it for about 1 week as it crosses the Atlantic. Then it will re-appear once it is close enough to the Canadian shores. Then you can track it being discharged from the boat, etc. Once on Canadian soil, you will need help from people with a CN Rail accounts to track it using your VIN. Finally, once off the train, you will be able to check the trucking company. It usually takes 2-3 days from the rails to get onto the trucking company schedule.

Here is the link to post #7. Let me know if you need any further clarification. As for expediting, that you will have to work with your salesperson. BMW does not book the transport for the entire trip except only books each leg of the trip as the car reaches that destination (boat, train, truck...). I tried calling the trucking company but they could not do anything, so it is mainly with your salesperson.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...76&postcount=7

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarper View Post
My car now says discharged on the shipping status. All I got from the dealer (from BMW Canada) is 3 weeks or so! - is there anything I can do to track / expedite things or has it now descended into a black hole?

There are many things I like about Canada but the 60s technology...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustspar View Post
I'm on the same boat as you, car showing discharged but no information what so ever for the delivery date.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 09:02 PM   #92
mathan416
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 3.0i

Would anybody be willing to do a CN Rail look up for me on my new car? It was offloaded a week ago. Nothing on LHF yet.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 10:24 AM   #93
sunnyboy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgcyr View Post
I don't see anything when I enter my VIN into the decoder.
Use www.bmwvin.com ... I have also updated my post #7. Not sure what happen to the other site.

Last edited by sunnyboy; 08-16-2016 at 08:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 08:19 PM   #94
AKG M3
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16 F10 M5

Bringing up an old thread, but just want to say thank you to all of you and sunnyboy for this information. I ordered a car on June 25th and the last 7 days been checking the vin decoder (thanks to this thread) and today it finally had today's date as the production date. I've been checking the vin decoder daily so today when I saw that it had today's date as the production date, called BMW Canada and they said the status is "assembled" so I'm assuming in a few days it will be dispatched from the factory to go to the port and then I can follow the boat and follow the steps in this thread to track. So once again thank you all! So exciting!!!!
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2016, 01:49 PM   #95
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

No ways to track with either VIN or production # yet in Canada during the production phase
      07-20-2016, 01:32 PM   #96
sunnyboy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKG M3 View Post
Bringing up an old thread, but just want to say thank you to all of you and sunnyboy for this information. I ordered a car on June 25th and the last 7 days been checking the vin decoder (thanks to this thread) and today it finally had today's date as the production date. I've been checking the vin decoder daily so today when I saw that it had today's date as the production date, called BMW Canada and they said the status is "assembled" so I'm assuming in a few days it will be dispatched from the factory to go to the port and then I can follow the boat and follow the steps in this thread to track. So once again thank you all! So exciting!!!!
Congrats on the new car and joining the M family!!
I don't want to rain on your parade, but expect the car to wait at the German docks. Depending on your luck, it could range from 3 days to weeks. Until it is scheduled for a boat, you will not be able to track which boat it will go on. But once it shows on the site, then you know the ETA it will reach Canada soil.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2016, 01:52 PM   #97
M Pulse
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '17 F82

Dealer told me last week my car is in Halifax. I was trying to track my VIN on WW Logistics but it never showed up there so I assume my vehicle was shipped by a different carrier.

Anyway to track it now from Halifax to Ontario?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2016, 02:08 PM   #98
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Pulse View Post
Dealer told me last week my car is in Halifax. I was trying to track my VIN on WW Logistics but it never showed up there so I assume my vehicle was shipped by a different carrier.

Wondering the same...
      08-15-2016, 03:34 PM   #99
sunnyboy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Pulse View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzima View Post
Wondering the same...
From Halifax to TO, you will need someone who has access to CN Rails to track the train ride. Unless it is going to get trucked direct from Halifax (which is rare, based on what I know, only heard ED cars getting trucked direct). We do have couple people on this forum that has access to CN Rail. Check past post, as I believe their handles are noted in earlier posts. Once in TO, you can use the trucking company to track deliver to the dealers.

https://www.lhf.com/

Good luck, congrats, and welcome.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2016, 06:46 PM   #100
SMC23
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Subaru XTrek / X5 40e

Anyone know how many days or weeks from Halifax to Toronto?

Do the cars go to Concord to be trucked to the dealer? This was the case with our x5, wonder if it's the same for cars inbound from Germany.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 07:54 AM   #101
m-perfection
Rep
Drives: SO/SO M3 MY17

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanido View Post

Do the cars go to Concord to be trucked to the dealer? This was the case with our x5, wonder if it's the same for cars inbound from Germany.
My understanding is yes, they go to Concord and then trucked to the dealer via Hansens. Actual transit time is 4 days from HAL to TOR, but it seems to be waiting in HAL for a while...
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 08:41 AM   #102
Shakes
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

having issues with delay for the recall? (Rear Differential Replacement)

My new car got delivered but sitting at my dealer till part comes in
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 10:09 AM   #103
m-perfection
Rep
Drives: SO/SO M3 MY17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakes View Post
having issues with delay for the recall? (Rear Differential Replacement)

My new car got delivered but sitting at my dealer till part comes in
I don't think so. My car was discharged on the 9th. Production date was the 7th of July which missed the Diff recall dates, and I haven't seen my VIN on the lists. It's been sitting there in Halifax for a week so far (at least as of Friday).. Going to get an update later today and see what's up..

My CA said expected delivery to dealer is the 24th so getting close!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 10:47 AM   #104
sunnyboy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-perfection View Post
I don't think so. My car was discharged on the 9th. Production date was the 7th of July which missed the Diff recall dates, and I haven't seen my VIN on the lists. It's been sitting there in Halifax for a week so far (at least as of Friday).. Going to get an update later today and see what's up..

My CA said expected delivery to dealer is the 24th so getting close!!!
You can expect to sit at Halifax for anywhere between 5 - 10 days. First, it has to be disembarked from the ship (which should have already happened). Then it has to get cleared through custom (as anything that comes in to Canada). Then it has to go through some BMW inspection (i.e. if you ordered M performance exhaust, those actually get installed at Halifax). Finally, it has to be schedule for shipment on CN Rail (because BMW does not book the entire delivery trip all at once. It books each leg of the trip as it arrives at each destination).

The actual train ride from Halifax to TO takes about 4 calendar days (train continues to move during weekends). Once at Concord, you can expect another 3-5 days wait as they try to schedule a truck to deliver to your dealership. Yes, the actual travel time to a GTA dealer is probably around 1 hour, but it will take 1-2 days to book the truck and then another day or 2 to schedule a pick-up/delivery.

Hopes this helps
Appreciate 1
SMC23179.00
      08-17-2016, 06:24 AM   #105
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Former ///M Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanido

Yup, same process.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2016, 06:25 AM   #106
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Pulse

Same with my car. Nothing on the WW site but my dealer said its on a boat enroute.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 09:48 AM   #107
Shakes
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

anyone know when recall parts for rear Diff will be in? my new car came off a truck and has been sitting at dealers for 4 weeks
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 08:54 AM   #108
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kaccordocoupe View Post
Same with my car. Nothing on the WW site but my dealer said its on a boat enroute.
The WW site is now showing the vin and details associated with it.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2016, 11:10 AM   #109
sunnyboy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So, is it that your dealer gave you wrong information and your car is just being shipped and not in Halifax?? Usually WW site is pretty good.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2016, 08:54 PM   #110
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyboy
Quote:
So, is it that your dealer gave you wrong information and your car is just being shipped and not in Halifax?? Usually WW site is pretty good.
No sorry, should have been more clear above. My same here comment was to the car being on a boat and not showing on the WW site.

Car must have been booked to boat by the dealer however I could not see it online yet. Sometimes takes time to be updated.
Appreciate 0