GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

06-10-2018, 08:43 PM   #947
AMOR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPMSport View Post
We have a couple tablets left in stock. They are preconfigured and ready to go. We'll post a video of flashing with the tablet this coming week.

With regard to break-in, many customers tune the car with <50 miles, and some wait for after break-in. Our suggestion would be to wait until you have 1,200 miles and the run-in service completed. Let us know if we can answer anything else!
Hi, a few questions from a potential customer:
1. What is the HP / boost difference between stage 2 and stage 2 plus? What is needed to run 2+ except DP?
2. How is RevMatch in sport plus implemented? Same way as stock implementation in Sport?
3. I’m currently running BMS Stage 1 with injen intake. I also have catless DP purchased but not installed yet. What gains should I expect by going with BPM stage 2 vs my current setup? And last question, in case of installing catless DP how is the check engine light suppressed? Will it come back when reflashing to stock for service visits?

Thank you for your time. 🙏🏻
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2018, 10:19 PM   #948
Brasko
#LSBM3
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Garage List
Also curious about rev matching in Sport+. Does it operate similar to the factory rev match?

/// M3
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 02:20 AM   #949
AlterZgo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 23 X3 M40i, 21 911S, 24 Taycan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasko View Post
Also curious about rev matching in Sport+. Does it operate similar to the factory rev match?
Rev matching in sport+ works perfectly. It feels OEM in operation. Actually better because BPM’s throttle sensitivity is smoother than stock sport+. When combined w/ rev matching, it truly makes sport+ useable for daily driving (I always felt OEM sport+ throttle to be far too twitchy and sensitive).
Appreciate 1
Brasko1420.00
      06-11-2018, 08:12 AM   #950
Brasko
#LSBM3
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterZgo View Post
Rev matching in sport+ works perfectly. It feels OEM in operation. Actually better because BPM’s throttle sensitivity is smoother than stock sport+. When combined w/ rev matching, it truly makes sport+ useable for daily driving (I always felt OEM sport+ throttle to be far too twitchy and sensitive).
Thanks for chiming in. That's' all great news. Planning a few upgrades in the news couple weeks and the BPM Port Flash is on my radar because of the rev match in Sport+ feature.

/// M3
Appreciate 1
skewzm342.50
      06-11-2018, 04:07 PM   #951
Sam @ BPM Sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i 6MT

Just wanted to reiterate that Rev-Matching in Sport + does essentially use stock implementation, and feels amazing! Like AlterZgo said, it pairs very nicely with the smooth throttle sensitivity of our tune and really does allow for using Sport + to be used for daily driving.
Appreciate 1
Brasko1420.00
      06-11-2018, 04:10 PM   #952
Sam @ BPM Sport
United_States
Rep

Also wanted to linkAlterZgo's review/experiences with the tune which can be found here
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 09:33 AM   #953
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam @ BPM Sport View Post
Just wanted to reiterate that Rev-Matching in Sport + does essentially use stock implementation, and feels amazing! Like AlterZgo said, it pairs very nicely with the smooth throttle sensitivity of our tune and really does allow for using Sport + to be used for daily driving.
What parameters/features are customers differentiating between Sport and Sport+ with rev matching? Open exhaust valves, extra burbles?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 05:28 PM   #954
Sam @ BPM Sport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
What parameters/features are customers differentiating between Sport and Sport+ with rev matching? Open exhaust valves, extra burbles?
We currently can't modify burble/valve profiles in the different drive modes but that will change when we release switchable maps.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 06:27 PM   #955
AMOR
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
We currently can't modify burble/valve profiles in the different drive modes but that will change when we release switchable maps.
Hi Sam, could someone from BPM please answer my question 1 and 3 from the previous message in this thread? Thank you
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 07:06 PM   #956
Sam @ BPM Sport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOR View Post
Hi Sam, could someone from BPM please answer my question 1 and 3 from the previous message in this thread? Thank you
Hi!
Ok the easy bits first, with our Stage II tune you'd see a ~70-80 HP & 115-125 ft. lbs over stock. CEL will be suppressed with the tune loaded and in the event you flash back to stock, the CEL would not illuminate for quite some time. Also, the function for checking catalyst efficiency is turned off. To run Stage II+, you would only need DP's. Finally, in regard to Stage II vs II+, Stage II+ is slightly more aggressive in the mid-range. Even with Stage II+ we don't alter the factory knock thresholds, we do recommend 93 octane minimum. For those that run higher octane, racing tunes are available.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 08:39 PM   #957
clode777
Private First Class
South Korea
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 MY15.9

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sam
When do u expect that you guys relase switchable map?
3D Design Bodykit
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2018, 06:29 AM   #958
AMOR
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hi!
Ok the easy bits first, with our Stage II tune you'd see a ~70-80 HP & 115-125 ft. lbs over stock. CEL will be suppressed with the tune loaded and in the event you flash back to stock, the CEL would not illuminate for quite some time. Also, the function for checking catalyst efficiency is turned off. To run Stage II+, you would only need DP's. Finally, in regard to Stage II vs II+, Stage II+ is slightly more aggressive in the mid-range. Even with Stage II+ we don't alter the factory knock thresholds, we do recommend 93 octane minimum. For those that run higher octane, racing tunes are available.
Thank you! So in terms of HP there is no difference between stage 2 and 2+? Do you have a dyno showing the difference in power curve between those stages?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2018, 03:47 PM   #959
Sam @ BPM Sport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOR View Post
Thank you! So in terms of HP there is no difference between stage 2 and 2+? Do you have a dyno showing the difference in power curve between those stages?
Hi again!
Well yes stage II+ will produce more HP. Here is a Stage II+ Dyno from earlier in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2018, 04:04 PM   #960
ElysianFields
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP Tanzanite Blue MT

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I thought it was possible to specify "exhaust valves open all the time in sport and sport plus? Wouldn't this require modifying the valve profile for each drive mode?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2018, 09:02 AM   #961
SanchoDivine
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianFields View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I thought it was possible to specify "exhaust valves open all the time in sport and sport plus? Wouldn't this require modifying the valve profile for each drive mode?
Mike has set up my valves to always be open in sport and sport+. Also, my last flash had different burbles between sport and sport+. It was extremely loud spaced out pops in sport+ but I preferred the sport setting burbles frequency. In my latest flash I chose the ZCP (or maybe it was GTS) style and it's perfect. Sport+ is like sport but longer and a little louder. The throttle settings affected by switching from sport to sport+ is likely what inadvertently makes the burbles different between modes.

My recommendation is to go with the ZCP burbles and valves always open in sport and sport+ (OEM in efficient).
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2018, 12:35 AM   #962
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoDivine View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Mike has set up my valves to always be open in sport and sport+. Also, my last flash had different burbles between sport and sport+. It was extremely loud spaced out pops in sport+ but I preferred the sport setting burbles frequency. In my latest flash I chose the ZCP (or maybe it was GTS) style and it's perfect. Sport+ is like sport but longer and a little louder. The throttle settings affected by switching from sport to sport+ is likely what inadvertently makes the burbles different between modes.

My recommendation is to go with the ZCP burbles and valves always open in sport and sport+ (OEM in efficient).
So they can tune valve position based on mode ?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2018, 12:36 AM   #963
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

BPM Fxx M3/M4 OBD-II Port Flashing for End Users - Official Release - Available NOW!

Can the car be made to start with all settings in efficient ? So drive mode, steering suspension all in comfort mode on startup ?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2018, 12:39 AM   #964
SanchoDivine
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgmt View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My car currently has valves always open in sport and sport+ and OEM in efficient.

I can use my valve controller to open the valves in efficient but it has no effect on sport and sport+ because they are already open.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2018, 12:45 AM   #965
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgmt View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My car currently has valves always open in sport and sport+ and OEM in efficient.

I can use my valve controller to open the valves in efficient but it has no effect on sport and sport+ because they are already open.
I wish our car had a valve button inside - such a useful feature
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2018, 10:02 AM   #966
domino_z
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F-Pace SVR

Is there any way to flash the tuner map whilst leaving all the tables that control burble completely untouched/not overwritten - this would be a custom map I assume

With so much variation to the burble, from losing it completely to way ott, Id prefer to just leave those tables stock zcp
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 10:31 PM   #967
hnybdgr
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6MT

Service post flash

Has anybody had any experience servicing their M3/M4 after doing the OBD flash from BPM? Particularly if you did one of the stock flashes (eg ZCP).

Did the dealership notice? or is everyone flashing back to stock before they go for service?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2018, 12:46 PM   #968
CS328Ci
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnybdgr View Post
Has anybody had any experience servicing their M3/M4 after doing the OBD flash from BPM? Particularly if you did one of the stock flashes (eg ZCP).

Did the dealership notice? or is everyone flashing back to stock before they go for service?
I went in for a scheduled regular oil change without flashing back to stock. I have a 2016 m4 flashed to CS map.

I know everyone tells you to flash it back to stock. But I didn't have any issues and no one spoke to me about the tune. But who knows, maybe they flagged me secretly in their computer system.

I also made a note telling them not to update the software/firmware as to wipe out the coding that I had done.
Appreciate 1