ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

10-24-2014, 03:35 PM   #23
Tha Baron
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 (Fall 2014)

Just being devil's advocate here... but I think having a fast solution for 150+ cars sitting in a lot waiting for a wheel retrofit is a little more involved than Jurgen and Hans rolling up to each car and swapping out the wheels.

Do they need to move the cars into special facility that isn't set up for simple wheel exchange? I don't think it's all that easy to fix something like this when BMW is set up to build complete cars... not swap wheels after they placed them on a giant lot waiting for port exit.

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 03:38 PM   #24
SapphireSiC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Baron View Post
Just being devil's advocate here... but I think having a fast solution for 150+ cars sitting in a lot waiting for a wheel retrofit is a little more involved than Jurgen and Hans rolling up to each car and swapping out the wheels.

Do they need to move the cars into special facility that isn't set up for simple wheel exchange? I don't think it's all that easy to fix something like this when BMW is set up to build complete cars... not swap wheels after they placed them on a giant lot waiting for port exit.
I think it might be easy. My neighbor had all four wheels jacked off his Yukon with it left on cinder blocks, but I don't think Jurgen or Hans were the ones involved!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 03:50 PM   #25
Tha Baron
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 (Fall 2014)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireSiC View Post
I think it might be easy. My neighbor had all four wheels jacked off his Yukon with it left on cinder blocks, but I don't think Jurgen or Hans were the ones involved!
Understood... but I doubt the germans are "quick" enough to find the simplest solution. It seems they have spent 2 weeks building out a process map and over-engineering a solution.

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 03:56 PM   #26
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Your CA seems dumb. There was an email sent to dealers with cars on the list. Ive seen it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_ducky View Post
I hope that your leg isn't being pulled, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm one of those that have a car in 181 status (4 weeks and counting). My CA won't even confirm that I'm affected. Here is a synopsis of our email communication... my notes are paraphrased, his are full quotes:

-Me on Oct 11: Hearing about a wheel retrofit. Am I affected?
-Him on Oct 11: "They said that it's not" (I don't know who "they" is and Oct 11th is a Saturday. So apparently "they" work Saturdays.)
-Me on Oct 13: Do you think it's odd that it is taking 3 weeks (so far) for my car to get to port?
-Him on Oct 13: "I emailed port"
-Me on Oct 22: Any update? Four weeks (so far) to get to port now.
-Him on Oct 22:"Sorry no update"

I got on the phone with BMW NA on Oct 14 after I saw my CA's response. They told me almost immediately that I'm affected.

My CA doesn't know this?!? What a joke.

I'm livid at this point. I'm giving strong consideration to cancelling my order just to order the same exact car from another dealer in the winter for spring delivery.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 04:02 PM   #27
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Baron View Post
Understood... but I doubt the germans are "quick" enough to find the simplest solution. It seems they have spent 2 weeks building out a process map and over-engineering a solution.
Logistics of the solution are not the customers problem. When i miss a deadline my customers dont care how i fix it. They just want it fixed and good communication through the process. BMW has definitely failed on the second part.

i dont think 2 weeks is reasonable to expect but as others have said some of us have already been delayed over a month with a possibility of two more months ahead of us. Not to mention it took almost a month before anyone at BMW would admit to the issue.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 04:11 PM   #28
bmwhoo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M3, '15 X5 35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_ducky
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwhoo View Post
No worries. Info came from my client advisor. He got the info courtesy of BMW NA when they escalated my concerns.

Direct quote from BMW NA email "Should be another 3 weeks wait for the wheels."
I hope that your leg isn't being pulled, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm one of those that have a car in 181 status (4 weeks and counting). My CA won't even confirm that I'm affected. Here is a synopsis of our email communication... my notes are paraphrased, his are full quotes:

-Me on Oct 11: Hearing about a wheel retrofit. Am I affected?
-Him on Oct 11: "They said that it's not" (I don't know who "they" is and Oct 11th is a Saturday. So apparently "they" work Saturdays.)
-Me on Oct 13: Do you think it's odd that it is taking 3 weeks (so far) for my car to get to port?
-Him on Oct 13: "I emailed port"
-Me on Oct 22: Any update? Four weeks (so far) to get to port now.
-Him on Oct 22:"Sorry no update"

I got on the phone with BMW NA on Oct 14 after I saw my CA's response. They told me almost immediately that I'm affected.

My CA doesn't know this?!? What a joke.

I'm livid at this point. I'm giving strong consideration to cancelling my order just to order the same exact car from another dealer in the winter for spring delivery.
Possible that my leg is being pulled. However the email string sent to me incl the emails directly from w BMW NA person (based on the email convention). And he's the one who states three weeks. Guess we'll see...
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2014, 10:41 AM   #29
jewels
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 & 2015 M4 Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Logistics of the solution are not the customers problem. When i miss a deadline my customers dont care how i fix it. They just want it fixed and good communication through the process. BMW has definitely failed on the second part.

i dont think 2 weeks is reasonable to expect but as others have said some of us have already been delayed over a month with a possibility of two more months ahead of us. Not to mention it took almost a month before anyone at BMW would admit to the issue.
Were all in the same situation...hopefully were all on the same BOAT real soon