GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

02-07-2024, 01:02 PM   #1
Matt@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: F82 M4, E36 M3 Touring, Z3

What does a 130,000 mile S55 look like inside? Evolve Crank Hub Fix Video

I bought my F82 M4 with 125,000 miles on, and have done 5000 trouble free miles (other than 2 oil top ups...)

I'd always wondered what the inside of the engine was looking like after that many miles, and having only been serviced to BMWs service intervals. Combine that with the small niggle of crank hub slip (although unlikely to ever happen with the plans for the car and how I drive) it seemed a good opportunity to upgrade the Crank Hub to the Evolve 4 pin billet hub.

Carrying out this work means the valve cover and sump gaskets are replaced and we get a good look inside both the top and bottom of the engine to see how it has been cared for, giving me a better idea going forward on the condition of the car.

Whilst in there we replaced the timing chain and engine mounts which were starting to get a little tired with the engine moving about a bit more than I liked.

Compared to a lot of S55s we see my one was really good! (I include some comparisons to a 100,000 mile car that clearly hasn't been as well looked after)

This project is a great way for us to research the S55 platform and experience any potential issues the cars are going to have as they become higher mileage, so it's reassuring to see that if well maintained they seem to be holding up well so far.

We also give a little teaser at the end for the next video in the series...

Our Evolve 4 pin billet crank hub is available from our store:
https://www.evolveautomotive.co.uk/p...b&_ss=e&_v=1.0
Appreciate 1
M_Torx328.00
      02-12-2024, 07:30 PM   #2
M_Torx
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

honestly just want to see rod bearings at 200km nice video that first one