EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

06-15-2014, 07:36 AM   #1
IMrMark
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [9.66]
Toronto dealer cars?

Hey guys,

I'm coming to visit the great white north this week - anyone know of any Toronto dealers who have a launch car on hand? All this talk of full leather being worth the cost once you see it....... Must see it
Instagram: IMrMark
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 10:59 AM   #2
Nex
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: .

Most, if not all of the dealership in the GTA should have the M3/M4 on their lots by now. However, as I understand, they're all sold units (at least at the dealerships I have visited). Which probably means you won't be able to sit in it.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 02:07 PM   #3
IMrMark
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [9.66]
Gotcha, makes sense. I guess I'm just trying to see the colour and how the interior might be looking; I could judge that over without sitting in one of the cars. Not exactly ideal but will take what I can get, if I can get at all
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 03:46 PM   #4
SoN][c
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M F85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex View Post
Most, if not all of the dealership in the GTA should have the M3/M4 on their lots by now. However, as I understand, they're all sold units (at least at the dealerships I have visited). Which probably means you won't be able to sit in it.
If you're nice they'll let you sit in it. I got to sit in one on the lot when I was looking at purchasing mine. YMMV
2000 Silver Honda Prelude (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 05:59 PM   #5
IMrMark
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [9.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoN][c View Post
If you're nice they'll let you sit in it. I got to sit in one on the lot when I was looking at purchasing mine. YMMV
good call; thanks. Will make some calls tomorrow and see what I can come up with. I'm in downtown (near old city hall) so, if I'm lucky, BMW Toronto will have something I can take a peek at.. walk doesn't look too bad.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 07:51 PM   #6
Nex
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMrMark View Post
good call; thanks. Will make some calls tomorrow and see what I can come up with. I'm in downtown (near old city hall) so, if I'm lucky, BMW Toronto will have something I can take a peek at.. walk doesn't look too bad.
It's quite a trek walking from old city hall to BMW Toronto! (or maybe I'm just spoiled) Streetcar on Queen St. may be faster, unless you want to walk the city for sightseeing.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 07:59 PM   #7
IMrMark
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [9.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex View Post
It's quite a trek walking from old city hall to BMW Toronto! (or maybe I'm just spoiled) Streetcar on Queen St. may be faster, unless you want to walk the city for sightseeing.
oh yeah, I forgot about that! I've actually never been on the streetcars here... I should google how that works 15 minutes vs 45 minutes walk....... yeah, good point
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 09:20 PM   #8
kbb
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 24' M3cs, 23' 911 GTS

Town and country BMW should still have a YMB M3 that isn't sold yet. I was gonna take it but I wanted CCB so I'm still waiting for my order which will be here in August.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 10:03 PM   #9
pokerface
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 N20 / F80 ZCP

BMW Toronto had three cars in the bay being prepped when I visited this past Friday.. and one on the showroom floor.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 07:45 AM   #10
IMrMark
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [9.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbb View Post
Town and country BMW should still have a YMB M3 that isn't sold yet. I was gonna take it but I wanted CCB so I'm still waiting for my order which will be here in August.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerface View Post
BMW Toronto had three cars in the bay being prepped when I visited this past Friday.. and one on the showroom floor.
awesome! thanks for all the feedback guys. I will definitely be rolling over to BMW Toronto this morning to check it out. I'll update with how it turns out. Thanks again
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 03:16 PM   #11
SoN][c
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
awesome! thanks for all the feedback guys. I will definitely be rolling over to BMW Toronto this morning to check it out. I'll update with how it turns out. Thanks again
How did you make out on your mission? Hope the rain didn't get you too badly. Pics? Any findings? I hope you took pics!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 04:38 PM   #12
IMrMark
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [9.66]
Quote:
How did you make out on your mission? Hope the rain didn't get you too badly. Pics? Any findings? I hope you took pics!

Yes, the mission was a success. Saw a black M3 in the showroom and the AY M4 pictured above. Didn't see YMB, but they had gotten the paint samples in just today it turned out so I was able to get a good idea. I have to say... the AY... ab.so.lute.ly stunning. I walked off the elevator and saw only the slightest bit of the front from across the way, knew what it was immediately. I'm actually so upset they showed me that car, now it's made everything a mess!

I feel that I will stick with MG/SO combo that I've got on order... but I'm very seriously, very very very seriously, considering the AY with full black interior.

The full interior really is crisp and beautiful. I still am unsure it's 2500 beautiful... but it is something that makes the car really stand out on the inside.

Thanks to everyone who posted here, I really appreciate it and am so glad to have finally seen the M3/M4!

edit: sorry for the quality on the photo. photobucket sucks and compressed the heck out of it

edit2: Oh, almost forgot! THE CAR SOUNDS INCREDIBLE. There is not a single video that does it justice.

Last edited by IMrMark; 06-16-2014 at 05:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2014, 03:54 PM   #13
SoN][c
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Yes, the mission was a success. Saw a black M3 in the showroom and the AY M4 pictured above. Didn't see YMB, but they had gotten the paint samples in just today it turned out so I was able to get a good idea. I have to say... the AY... ab.so.lute.ly stunning. I walked off the elevator and saw only the slightest bit of the front from across the way, knew what it was immediately. I'm actually so upset they showed me that car, now it's made everything a mess!

I feel that I will stick with MG/SO combo that I've got on order... but I'm very seriously, very very very seriously, considering the AY with full black interior.

The full interior really is crisp and beautiful. I still am unsure it's 2500 beautiful... but it is something that makes the car really stand out on the inside.

Thanks to everyone who posted here, I really appreciate it and am so glad to have finally seen the M3/M4!

edit: sorry for the quality on the photo. photobucket sucks and compressed the heck out of it

edit2: Oh, almost forgot! THE CAR SOUNDS INCREDIBLE. There is not a single video that does it justice.
Hey thanks for the pics. Glad the mission was a success! I considered AY but found it to be a little too flashy for my taste. Did you get to drive it? Or did they just start it up for you?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2014, 10:07 PM   #14
IMrMark
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [9.66]
Quote:
Hey thanks for the pics. Glad the mission was a success! I considered AY but found it to be a little too flashy for my taste. Did you get to drive it? Or did they just start it up for you?
It was a sold car so I couldn't do much (and wouldn't want to, good karma and all that).. M3 on the other hand, fired it up and let it rip. Couldn't drive it but got to hear it roar. So fantastic. I kept MG ultimately, but AY is truly special.
Appreciate 0