Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

11-12-2017, 09:29 PM   #45
boss2k
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniz View Post
I installed the silver one recently. It was $305 on eBay from a SoCal dealership. It is perfect for me as I can now wrap my big skinny hand around the shifter instead of over it, as the stock one forced me to. The CF one is far smaller than stock so it would've made the problem worse. And the lighted shift pattern is a nice OEM touch which I didn't want to lose either.

And silver with the M pattern "window" provide a nice contrast to OEM CF and my black seats...
Is it weighted knob and does it sit lower than stock knob

Are the throws shorter and crisper
Appreciate 1
maniz617.00
      11-13-2017, 03:05 PM   #46
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '24 M4C Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinckley View Post
Ya, I'm not sure it's actually in stock from bmwpartspro. They're a BMW dealer and if they don't have it in stock (which I would doubt), then they'll be accessing the same zero inventory that my guy is. IND is also offering it, but interestingly at a price higher than BMW's list price. But there may be a better chance that they actually have stock.
For anyone who's interested in buying the silver shifter, it is out of stock throughout the BMW distribution system - worldwide. No one seems to know whether it will become available again or whether it's been discontinued. However, there are a few in inventory here and there. bmwpartspro (which is Steve Thomas BMW) has a couple in stock right now, and I'm not sure but IND may have one left (although it may be the one that I snagged). Happy hunting.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 04:40 PM   #47
Aaaaaaaaa
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: The other M3

Quote:
Quote:
Ya, I'm not sure it's actually in stock from bmwpartspro. They're a BMW dealer and if they don't have it in stock (which I would doubt), then they'll be accessing the same zero inventory that my guy is. IND is also offering it, but interestingly at a price higher than BMW's list price. But there may be a better chance that they actually have stock.
For anyone who's interested in buying the silver shifter, it is out of stock throughout the BMW distribution system - worldwide. No one seems to know whether it will become available again or whether it's been discontinued. However, there are a few in inventory here and there. bmwpartspro (which is Steve Thomas BMW) has a couple in stock right now, and I'm not sure but IND may have one left (although it may be the one that I snagged). Happy hunting.
So you ordered through your dealer but they said it was out of stock and you just bought through iND instead? I'm seriously dying to know what they actually installed on my car...
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 05:15 PM   #48
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheerlx View Post
So you ordered through your dealer but they said it was out of stock and you just bought through iND instead?
Correct. I also spoke with three other BMW dealers who told me the same thing that my dealer did. But maybe they have separate stock at the VPCs for port-installed orders.
Appreciate 1
Aaaaaaaaa7559.00
      11-13-2017, 08:06 PM   #49
maniz
Assistant TO the Regional Manager
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k View Post
Is it weighted knob and does it sit lower than stock knob

Are the throws shorter and crisper
It isn't heavier than stock to me, but I didn't compare them two when I took the stock one off. Seems very slightly shorter based on how my forearm sits on the center arm rest.

Fits my hand nicely for their way I prefer to shift gears. The back has a grooved area where the fingers rest, for better grip and front has alcantara.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2017, 04:08 PM   #50
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep

I had the Z5U installed on my car before I took delivery and it looks really great. However, I really don't like the feel of the chrome knob compared to the stock leather one, especially as the mornings here are starting to get cold. So I'm now going to spend even more money and have purchased the IND leather knob with alcantara boot and M-stitching. Aaaargh!

If anyone's interested in my slightly used Z5U (three weeks of use), send me a PM with a reasonable offer. I'm not looking for anything crazy but figured I may as well try to recoup some of the stupid money I've spent! fwiw, I've got the original leather knob with leather boot as well!! That had one week of ED use.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2017, 04:09 PM   #51
Aaaaaaaaa
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: The other M3

Quote:
I had the Z5U installed on my car before I took delivery and it looks really great. However, I really don't like the feel of the chrome shift compared to the stock leather, especially as the mornings here are starting to get cold. So I'm now going to spend even more money and have purchased the IND leather knob with alcantara boot and M-stitching. Aaaargh!

If anyone's interested in my slightly used Z5U (three weeks of use), send me a PM with a reasonable offer. I'm not looking for anything crazy but figured I may as well try to recoup some of the stupid money I've spent! fwiw, I've got the original leather knob with leather boot as well!! That had one week of ED use.
Pm'ed
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 07:40 PM   #52
boss2k
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Which 6 spd shifter does the M3/M4 come from factory, i am looking for a weighted shift knob which is shorter in length too and came across ZHP BMW weighted shift knob, is anyone using it on their M and is it heavier than the one that came with the car and shorter in length?