Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

06-15-2016, 12:30 AM   #1
stealth70mde
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

Guys, look what BMW did to my car today...

I'm so mad.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=40

Completely ruined the paint of my car.

Whatever happens, don't let the dealership wash your car. They just have no f'n clue how to do it. Seriously...

When I was about 10 years old I already knew how to wash a car properly... This is so f'n moronic. I just can't believe at what just happened.

My car was built, put on a train to the port, driven by employees who drives cars on ships hundreds of times every week, crossed the Atlantic, driven some more at port, trucked from Halifax to Montreal, I drove it for 2.600km.
Now, go for 2,000km service and this happens... I'm sure it didn't take more than 5 minutes to make such a mess.

Did I say I was mad?

"Hey, we just hired a new student for the summer, let's have him wash this 90K BSM M4 first his 1st car, the customer will be so happy to see that we washed it!"... Tabarnac!!!

Oh, and on top of this, they smeared some brownish oily stuff on the Silverstone leather... Like, seriously...

Last edited by stealth70mde; 06-15-2016 at 12:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 01:21 AM   #2
dzvero
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M$4 F82

Sorry Op that sucks like your pics also suck
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 03:24 AM   #3
Yas__Plz
Daily Driven
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Yas Marina M4

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
Car is totaled
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 09:34 AM   #4
te37
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 SS/SO 6MT

What was the outcome of this wash? How deep were these marks? Is it able to be compounded out? I would have driven back to the dealer asap to show them how kind they were.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 09:43 AM   #5
Montreal M2
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: LCI F87 AW 6MT MPE/FBO

Absolutely ridiculous

I hope they accept responsibility... if I went back to the dealer after noticing this nonsense and they tried to tell me the car came in like that, I would go nuclear
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 12:10 PM   #6
redfox
INSTAGRAM: @yaasplease
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB M4

That sucks. I hope they at least offer to pay for paint correction.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 03:10 PM   #7
Syscrusher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Competition Package

This is why I have a note on my file for them to NEVER wash my car. They don't ever know how to do it. Wont let them touch it ever. I think I will make a hang tag that goes on my rear view mirror when I turn in my car that says DO NOT WASH. EVER. THANK YOU!
2014 335 xi M Performance Edition BSM/Black
2007 Lexus IS 350
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 04:11 PM   #8
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth70mde
I'm so mad.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=40

Completely ruined the paint of my car.

Whatever happens, don't let the dealership wash your car. They just have no f'n clue how to do it. Seriously...

When I was about 10 years old I already knew how to wash a car properly... This is so f'n moronic. I just can't believe at what just happened.

My car was built, put on a train to the port, driven by employees who drives cars on ships hundreds of times every week, crossed the Atlantic, driven some more at port, trucked from Halifax to Montreal, I drove it for 2.600km.
Now, go for 2,000km service and this happens... I'm sure it didn't take more than 5 minutes to make such a mess.

Did I say I was mad?

"Hey, we just hired a new student for the summer, let's have him wash this 90K BSM M4 first his 1st car, the customer will be so happy to see that we washed it!"... Tabarnac!!!

Oh, and on top of this, they smeared some brownish oily stuff on the Silverstone leather... Like, seriously...
That is really a bad wash. I would ask for a new wax job if it was me. This is really unacceptable.
      06-15-2016, 08:48 PM   #9
Rock M4
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 335i / X1 2014 28i Sport L

This is so sad. At what dealer did you serviced your car? You should go back and ask them to correct their mistakes and ask them for a compensation.
      06-15-2016, 09:26 PM   #10
gq1
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '15 BS F80 M4

My dealer always asks first and my answer is always no! Most BMW dealers have the most pathetic wash system. They never wash the cars by hand...
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 09:32 PM   #11
2015F80
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Thumbs down

oh shit man...

this is something I posted about getting your car washed at the dealer.

And I took some heat because of it.

Guess I wasn't that far off.

"Wow, I tought I was the only one crazy enough to ask that my car not be washed.

I also tought I was crazy for putting a sign on the dash "do not wash car - ne pas laver l'auto" bilingual just for sure. Tought of writing it in spanish too.

I asked my bmw dealer not to wash my wife's X3 and it came out washed...

So my M3 gets the sign on the dash.

I used to have a 2009 c63. When I asked for my car not to be washed the service guy gave me a look and asked me why. I basically said that I didn't trust the guy who would wash my car not to scratch it. He didn't seem to take my response too well and almost rolled his eyes.

Here is my rationale for not having my car washed at the dealer.

How much does the guy washing my car earn? 15$ per hour?

How old is he? probably between 18 and 23.

Could he have been partying a little hard last night? Yes

Could he drop his mit and not rinse it properly? yes

Why would I take the chance to have my car washed when even the new cars in the showroom have swirlmarks...you tell me"

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...4#post19810074

Good luck getting it fixed

06-15-2016, 09:43 PM   #12
stealth70mde
Captain
Canada
Rep

Hi guys,

Thanks for the support. Last night I just couldn't sleep until 4am... That's how mad I was.

So... Short version that's not so short after all...

1. Sent a direct but polite email to my tech advisor saying we had a problem

2. Received a reply from tech with apologies saying they would fix it

3. Went to dealer in the morning before work.
3a. Tech advisor saw the damage but kept from showing his true feelings too much but couldn't disagree.
3b. Boss came to see like a King in his kingdom like he was doing me a favor to look at the car.
3c. Boss did the only mistake he shouldn't have done. Told me that this kind of damage could only have been done by many bad washes (basically blaming me for it).
The car was never washed by hand since I have it.
4. Now I told him to stop his bullshit right now and just take it on the chin since they fucked up. Seriously the car is 4 weeks old and only 2,000km. Looks like a 10 years old car.

5. He continued with the usual Black will show swirls and all this bullshit.

6. Went back and forth like this for a while.

In the end, the kingdom boss never apologized for the fuck up. But he eventually called his main detailing guy (he worked on my car before on delivery day because there was a little something and he did an excellent job correcting it).
Poor guy didn't know where to look, what to say or how to react when I was going around the car (in full sun), showing him (and swearing lightly) at how every inch of every panel was scratched to shit.

I guess I could see a hint that he was seeing the same thing as I was seeing but couldn't say anything because King Nothing was around and didn't want to get the aftermath wrath if he would have reacted to my questions.

Anyway, after King Nothing left and we've agreed (but I really hesitated) that they would correct the car and make it look like "new", the kid told me he really didn't understand what could have happened the prior evening. He said he changed all the cleaning rags and other stuff for new ones before he left the shop. I guess I will never know what really happened.

All this to say the kid did a super job. This major incident shouldn't have happened in the first place but the car came out better than on delivery day.

I'm still mad at 3 things though.

1. The management didn't officially apologize for the fuck up
2. BMW shouldn't wash cars and scrap so many paint jobs
2. King Nothing really pissed me off. I'm still pissed by his fucking supercilious and unprofessional attitude. You know, one of those guys that you would just " " so they just come back to fucking reality.

Last edited by stealth70mde; 06-15-2016 at 09:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 09:50 PM   #13
MadZarBMR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Current: '18 M3 ZCP - 6MT

This sucks and is exactly why I have two of these in the glove box and put one on rear view mirror and one on the shifter so they can't miss them: http://www.carpro-us.com/finest-auth...tz-cquartz-uk/

Hope they make it right OP.
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2016, 10:00 PM   #14
stealth70mde
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadZarBMR View Post
This sucks and is exactly why I have two of these in the glove box and put one on rear view mirror and one on the shifter so they can't miss them: http://www.carpro-us.com/finest-auth...tz-cquartz-uk/

Hope they make it right OP.
Yes, and that is coming (the things I can hang on the mirror). I was waiting to have this windshield warranty repair and 2,000km service before I brought it to my detailer to have CQuartz Finest applied. The reason why it was never really washed.

I guess I will be in the black book of my dealer's complainers from now on even though my complaint was legitimate...

I will print a giant scroll and will wrap the car with it. DO NOT WASH THE F'N CAR!

PS. You know what, I don't even think they would see these things on the mirror. I watched them today and they run like chickens without a head. One customer and then the next one as fast as possible. I think they somewhat notice that we have M cars so they are more polite to us. That's pretty much it.

You know, these dealerships have a nice problem. They sell expensive cars. Every buyer expect to be treated like royalty (and they should).
But like in royalty you have different levels. I compete with diplomats, NHL hockey players, popular artists. What am I with my M4. Just a low class royal with a M4, you know.

Same problem with higher class cars. For example there's you with your priced Lambo, then there is this Saudi dude with a gold flake paint job Lambo going for service the same day as you.

Last edited by stealth70mde; 06-15-2016 at 10:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 10:03 PM   #15
Mikster
Maverick
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syscrusher
This is why I have a note on my file for them to NEVER wash my car. They don't ever know how to do it. Wont let them touch it ever. I think I will make a hang tag that goes on my rear view mirror when I turn in my car that says DO NOT WASH. EVER. THANK YOU!
I do the exact same thing.
M
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 10:04 PM   #16
CEDWARDS35
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

I would make them pay for a buff polish to get the fine scratches out. The good news is the marks can come out easily with a three stage polish. Get a good detailer that can do it and make the dealer reimburse you.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 10:10 PM   #17
stealth70mde
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEDWARDS35 View Post
I would make them pay for a buff polish to get the fine scratches out. The good news is the marks can come out easily with a three stage polish. Get a good detailer that can do it and make the dealer reimburse you.
They did fix it and did quite a good job. Shouldn't have happened in the first place though...

Last edited by stealth70mde; 06-15-2016 at 11:06 PM..
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2016, 10:12 PM   #18
DonkeyKong
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80

The damage can be corrected, I had a repair on my sapphire black bmw and the fender looked just like that, light polish with my flex and menzerna took it right out.

I would not allow them to attempt a buff and polish, I would have them pay your cost to take it to a reputable detailer.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 10:29 PM   #19
stealth70mde
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BosstoM3 View Post
The damage can be corrected, I had a repair on my sapphire black bmw and the fender looked just like that, light polish with my flex and menzerna took it right out.

I would not allow them to attempt a buff and polish, I would have them pay your cost to take it to a reputable detailer.
Yes, that was my intent but it's a tradeoff at some point. I had to be somewhere where my time and $$$ coming in was so much worth than trying to get them to pay for the detailing to be done somewhere else. So they did get the good deal out if it? Yes definitely. Still, in the end, their daytime detailing crew did a very good job.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 10:32 PM   #20
stealth70mde
Captain
Canada
Rep

Before and after

Crappy pictures, I know...

Dark and red spots coming from the reflection of the ceiling.
Attached Images

Last edited by stealth70mde; 06-15-2016 at 11:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 11:07 PM   #21
stealth70mde
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BosstoM3 View Post

Yeah, I have a Flex too but I don't trust myself enough with it to take on a job like this. I have to practice on some less expensive gear with the Flex first.

It was fixed really well by the dealer though I have to say.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 11:40 PM   #22
gonoyaro11
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Woo

Just polish it.
Appreciate 0