EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

06-24-2016, 12:41 PM   #23
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
Is the ZCP exhaust (the M "sport" exhaust not to be confused with the M Performance exahaust, which I was) available to purchase? i really dont wanna spend $5k on an exhaust.

i am leasing so its really between dinan and m perf exhaust for me and the dinan im not crazy about.

thanks guys!
I would buy one too!

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 1
      06-24-2016, 01:48 PM   #24
geroz1
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 LCI2 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
I wouldn't put too much stock in two different videos, but the fact that Nick put that at the start of his video comparing the two meant that he and his fellow M3 owner heard the difference themselves, and you can hear it in the video.

So you're absolutely certain there's no way the internals of the exhaust could have changed without a different part number? Is that just not something they would or could ever do or is it possible?
Thanks for posting that video. That's why I thought there was a difference between 2015 and 2016. Seems like we may be missing something here. Either way, the difference seem subtle and I'm pretty happy with my 2016 (without ASD) with the flaps open

If the M power exhaust wasn't that expensive, I think many of us would have got it...
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 01:50 PM   #25
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by geroz1 View Post
Thanks for posting that video. That's why I thought there was a difference between 2015 and 2016. Seems like we may be missing something here. Either way, the difference seem subtle and I'm pretty happy with my 2016 (without ASD) with the flaps open

If the M power exhaust wasn't that expensive, I think many of us would have got it...
I have the ZCP on a lease, so I'm happy. Wouldn't want to spend $$$$ on parts I then have to remove and sell afterwards. I'm hopeless at selling second hand stuff - hate it.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 01:51 PM   #26
CaryTheLabelGuy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
I wouldn't put too much stock in two different videos, but the fact that Nick put that at the start of his video comparing the two meant that he and his fellow M3 owner heard the difference themselves, and you can hear it in the video.

So you're absolutely certain there's no way the internals of the exhaust could have changed without a different part number? Is that just not something they would or could ever do or is it possible?
Anything is possible, but unlikely at this point.

Again, the differences could come down to one being broke-in and the other not along with different firmware controlling the valves and EWG's. You have to keep this in mind. A lot of variables between these two cars.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 05:24 PM   #27
NOLATom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

I have nothing to compare the MY-2016 non-CP exhaust to......but......when I took delivery of the car on June 8th, the person making the delivery to me at Welt, Adam I think was his name, told me the 2016 exhaust sound is different from the 2015. I said, really, never read any comments about that on the forum and he said, yes, the sound is different. He even said something like it was not announced, but they didn't want the car to keep sounding like a 4 cylinder.

I dunno nuttin about no parts and I don't know where he got his info from, but that was what he said.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 07:09 PM   #28
CaryTheLabelGuy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLATom View Post
I have nothing to compare the MY-2016 non-CP exhaust to......but......when I took delivery of the car on June 8th, the person making the delivery to me at Welt, Adam I think was his name, told me the 2016 exhaust sound is different from the 2015. I said, really, never read any comments about that on the forum and he said, yes, the sound is different. He even said something like it was not announced, but they didn't want the car to keep sounding like a 4 cylinder.

I dunno nuttin about no parts and I don't know where he got his info from, but that was what he said.
Things have been changed in the firmware. There are a lot of things that can be done, tuning-wise, that can change the tone and timbre of the exhaust note without ever touching the physical hardware.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2016, 09:07 PM   #29
JoeyBananas
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryTheLabelGuy View Post
Things have been changed in the firmware. There are a lot of things that can be done, tuning-wise, that can change the tone and timbre of the exhaust note without ever touching the physical hardware.
So if I decide to go with the ZCP and put on downpipes, and full AA Exhaust, it will still sound different than say a non ZCP with same exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2016, 09:50 PM   #30
CrazyAssM4
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

^^^From what I've gathered here...yes, it will sound different. 2015 and 2016 sound different and ZCP sounds different as well. ZCP more so due to firmware...zcp has the HP gains. Is there way to get the ZCP sound on a non ZCP without voiding warranty?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2016, 10:13 PM   #31
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyAssM4
^^^From what I've gathered here...yes, it will sound different. 2015 and 2016 sound different and ZCP sounds different as well. ZCP more so due to firmware...zcp has the HP gains. Is there way to get the ZCP sound on a non ZCP without voiding warranty?
Does the VF Hex tune void the warranty?? I don't think anyone knows the answer to that question yet. A forum member recently had his DME re-connected incorrectly by his local shop after The VF jailbreak. The car wouldn't stay running for more then a short time. BMW was contacted and I don't believe any major issues occurred regarding warranty etc etc....
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 12:49 PM   #32
Turboextreme
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp/E46 330Ci

I might be able to get hold of a 2016 ZCP exhaust for free or next to nothing is it worth swapping the standard exhaust for this?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 12:51 PM   #33
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboextreme
I might be able to get hold of a 2016 ZCP exhaust for free or next to nothing is it worth swapping the standard exhaust for this?
I don't think so. The ZCP burbles are all engine coding.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 01:06 PM   #34
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Yoda View Post
I don't think so. The ZCP burbles are all engine coding.
The actual rear exhaust is different overall and sounds different without even bringing the burbles into it.
Appreciate 0