proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

04-20-2014, 05:16 PM   #23
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

I'm reconsidering trying mw to mix it up from aw, but it's a tough call.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2014, 05:37 PM   #24
M3ryder55
Major
Rep
Drives: 15' MW/SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
I'm reconsidering trying mw to mix it up from aw, but it's a tough call.
AW is old school, true EURO look w/ the straight white finish which many love. AW is a traditional BMW color. Problem for me is, everyone has it, and it lowers the exclusive M value IMO. That doesn't ME its not a nice color or one to go for

I'm going w/ the MW, because I like seeing some depth to a color; i like it when colors change under various lighting situations. In addition, I've always admired mineral white, especially BMW mineral white, which shines IMO probably better than most other manufacturers versions of metallic white. Not to mention, CF shows the best w/ white cars, so this is the reason I'm going forward w/ the MW after all, after all this back and forth

AW will compliment the CF even better because it has a brighter pitch of white overall compared to the MW. At the end of the day, just depends what you want- a non metallic, flat, bright white or a metallic/pearlized white.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2014, 07:04 PM   #25
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ryder55 View Post
AW is old school, true EURO look w/ the straight white finish which many love. AW is a traditional BMW color. Problem for me is, everyone has it, and it lowers the exclusive M value IMO. That doesn't ME its not a nice color or one to go for

I'm going w/ the MW, because I like seeing some depth to a color; i like it when colors change under various lighting situations. In addition, I've always admired mineral white, especially BMW mineral white, which shines IMO probably better than most other manufacturers versions of metallic white. Not to mention, CF shows the best w/ white cars, so this is the reason I'm going forward w/ the MW after all, after all this back and forth

AW will compliment the CF even better because it has a brighter pitch of white overall compared to the MW. At the end of the day, just depends what you want- a non metallic, flat, bright white or a metallic/pearlized white.
Just make up your damn mind and send me the list, and I'll copy you.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2014, 07:24 PM   #26
M3ryder55
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Just make up your damn mind and send me the list, and I'll copy you.
see my last post in other thread of my list of the colors lol

I've been doing extensive research on this shit for months now..

and not much has been established, other than white is the way to go as of now. at least for me.

MW, AW, MG, BSM, and SSII you really can't go wrong with and I'm sure everyone ordering whichever one will be happy. The AY, SO, and YMB are going to be hit or miss for the ones that do order them.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2014, 07:41 PM   #27
Lups
Rep

Quote:

and not much has been established, other than white is the way to go as of now. at least for me.

MW, AW, MG, BSM, and SSII you really can't go wrong with and I'm sure everyone ordering whichever one will be happy. The AY, SO, and YMB are going to be hit or miss for the ones that do order them.
I think you are just playing with my sensitive emotions, and you ones again will change your mind, and I will be screwed again. But you are starting to make sense with the white. I have no idea most of the days why I even care so much about a paint job, which I will wrap in mud in seconds, and yet every morning I wake up, put on coffee, open my laptop and this forum, and commenting begins. It's a fliping car, not life altering decision as I'm treating it now.

Congratulation to you for going to the light of knowers, but you of course are welcomed back to despair when the time is right.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2014, 10:31 PM   #28
M3ryder55
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups
Quote:

I think you are just playing with my sensitive emotions, and you ones again will change your mind, and I will be screwed again. But you are starting to make sense with the white. I have no idea most of the days why I even care so much about a paint job, which I will wrap in mud in seconds, and yet every morning I wake up, put on coffee, open my laptop and this forum, and commenting begins. It's a fliping car, not life altering decision as I'm treating it now.

Congratulation to you for going to the light of knowers, but you of course are welcomed back to despair when the time is right.
Thank u

At the end of day it's ur opinion that matters most. Go with ur gut and stick with it! Goodluck !
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2014, 10:41 PM   #29
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
I had a Space Grey M3 ZCP coupe, and after owning it for a couple of years, I saw this video of a White M3 ZCP. Immediately, I knew my next ///M would be White. The contrast of the white paint with the roof, wheels, and CF M Performance parts looks so good. I'm not a fan of flat paint, so Mineral White is perfect for me, but I'd still pick AW over MG. MG is darker than space grey, so there would be even less contrast with the CF parts, which is a no-no for me.

Last edited by Wah; 04-20-2014 at 10:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2014, 10:43 PM   #30
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Thank u

At the end of day it's ur opinion that matters most. Go with ur gut and stick with it! Goodluck !
Oh shit, that's not gona happen, I have way too much time in my hands here in the states, and no real worries so this is it, this is the most pressing matter in the world. I'm looking into habitat for humanity projects now, that I would have something to do here, and I could come up with a choice for a flipping color! And I remember writing here in one of the first posts of mine, that I don't care less about the color. What the hell happened to me!?

Thanks though, I still reserve the right to copy cat you and never give you the credit. also the usually promised huge reward will be missing from your deal, but you can always say that you were the prince who saved an incompetent idiot when it mattered.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2014, 11:17 PM   #31
M3ryder55
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
I had a Space Grey M3 ZCP coupe, and after owning it for a couple of years, I saw this video of a White M3 ZCP. Immediately, I knew my next ///M would be White. The contrast of the white paint with the roof, wheels, and CF M Performance parts looks so good. I'm not a fan of flat paint, so Mineral White is perfect for me, but I'd still pick AW over MG. MG is darker than space grey, so there would be even less contrast with the CF parts, which is a no-no for me.

God.. u just made me miss my E90.

The F8X has some big shoes to feel. Although it looks better, not saying the old ones didn't, I just think these new models look STUNNING, the E9X was one of the best overall cars I've ever driven from a fun factor. The S65 was magical. I know the V8 isn't what the cars were ever about, but my goodness, they were EPIC ass motors. I love driving the car on crisp nights in Socal, with my gintani exhaust, driving at the speed limit through canyons (lol), and hearing the down shift blips, and revving up that motor to 8k plus rpm. I can't explain what an incredible feeling that was. A pure joy. But succeeding generation M cars have always PROVEN to be superior to outgoing generations, so i'm keeping full optimism going forward. The claimed 425bhp on these S55's, you have to assume is under rated... i mean how can BMW under power the car so much now compared to the competition. They have to have something up their sleeves. They have to..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 07:57 AM   #32
/// M sa
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 MG

Mg and back interior with cf roof was my order a few weeks ago :-) can't wait
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 12:31 PM   #33
Emdriven
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mineral Grey M4

I ordered MG with SO interior. Havent found any good pics showing the contrast between MG and CF roof.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 01:09 PM   #34
bimmerboyE92
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
I orderd MG/SO on an F80 over AY/Black... I hope I made the right choice.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 01:14 PM   #35
JoeyBananas
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: NA

I think MG/SO in Convertible is unreal, however I like the AW for Coupe
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 02:27 PM   #36
BMV///M3
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW f80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboyE92 View Post
I orderd MG/SO on an F80 over AY/Black... I hope I made the right choice.
I think you couldn't go wrong either way. As far as I'm concerned there are only 2 colors. MG and AW and I'm going SO interior. My 335 is white currently, it looks great (when I don't have water splashed all over the rocker arms/rear bumper.). Right now I'm about 75/25 in favor of AW. MG looks great though.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 02:42 PM   #37
bimmerboyE92
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BV335 View Post
I think you couldn't go wrong either way. As far as I'm concerned there are only 2 colors. MG and AW and I'm going SO interior. My 335 is white currently, it looks great (when I don't have water splashed all over the rocker arms/rear bumper.). Right now I'm about 75/25 in favor of AW. MG looks great though.
I did throw a curve ball... I said AY as in austin yellow. AW was not even an option for me.

I picked gray over the yellow. I just hope it's not " boring"... my wife said its boring... and I said I'm kinda a boring person!!!!

My E92 is M3 is jet black with fox red... more boring according to her.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 02:43 PM   #38
biggie27
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

I wasnt gonna post these pictures till the car is done but maybe this will give you an idea of what it would look like with the carbon fiber, these were taken with an Iphone so sorry for the bad quality, and the last pic is to give you the color contrast of MG/SO this was before the M performance kit was installed
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 05:12 PM   #39
BMV///M3
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW f80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboyE92 View Post
I did throw a curve ball... I said AY as in austin yellow. AW was not even an option for me.

I picked gray over the yellow. I just hope it's not " boring"... my wife said its boring... and I said I'm kinda a boring person!!!!

My E92 is M3 is jet black with fox red... more boring according to her.
Oh whoops, I must have misread, haha my bad. Either way, I think you made a much better choice here.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 05:28 PM   #40
Chadfugi
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2015 ///M4 MG, SO Fully Loaded

MG with SO is what I got and I couldn't be happier !!
Attached Images

11-03-2014, 05:31 PM   #41
Pazzo009
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M,M3(46&36),812SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadfugi View Post
LOL...thank you for posting my car. I was actually going to do it to show how awesome this color is and that alpine white will not look like this. You beat me to it.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 05:33 PM   #42
Chadfugi
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2015 ///M4 MG, SO Fully Loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by aculeg87
Quote:
LOL...thank you for posting my car. I was actually going to do it to show how awesome this color is and that alpine white will not look like this. You beat me to it.
It's my Fav pic of MG. Mine will be here for Xmas !! Can't wait !!
      11-03-2014, 05:45 PM   #43
Pazzo009
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M,M3(46&36),812SF

Quote:
It's my Fav pic of MG. Mine will be here for Xmas !! Can't wait !!
Its my favorite pic too. I will try and simulate it again soon when I get my wheels on it. Best of luck on your new car, enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 06:27 PM   #44
Greg FEightytwo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW GT4 M4 and X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadfugi
Love mg!!! Did you do coils or h&r springs?
Appreciate 0