R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

03-23-2024, 02:37 PM   #1
Nothing
Roll Tide
United_States
Rep
Drives: White/red M3

Opinion: Valve cover replacement with crank hub?

OK guys, I am finally getting my crank hub done. The car has 48,000 miles and everything is running like a top. I’m getting Pure Stage 2+ turbos and flex fuel added all at the same time. This will feel like an entirely new car.

Upon looking in to the “while you’re there” mods I stumbled upon the valve cover/PCV valve failure issue. I don’t have this problem but since the current valve cover has to be removed, A) I haven’t seen mention that it is cleanable. B) No one has a better/stronger replacement for it. C) Should I just buy a new valve cover so I know it’s clean and fully functional?

Thoughts?

Also, any other “while you’re there” items I should be thinking about? I feel like I have them covered but would love some fresh perspective.

Thanks guys!
      03-23-2024, 07:05 PM   #2
jaylazy2020
Captain
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 Comp

With hindsight I should have gotten my valve cover done when I got stage 2 with down pipes and crank hub.

I did mention the cold start tapping noise due to incorrect torquing from factory so the S55 guru DRW performance did it for only an additional two hours labour.
Appreciate 1
Nothing285.00