Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

03-11-2024, 11:40 AM   #23
Drifter2090
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 | E92 335i | E90 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymarkv View Post
Normal people: *Sleeps in on the weekends*
Me: *Wakes up at 5am to go to a spot for photos during sunrise at 6am*

Also hot take: LCI tail lights > GTS tail lights.
100%, the OEM LCI's are so much better than those cheap aftermarket GTS tails. Definitely would love a set of the Shadowline LCI one day.
SS2-FR E90 M3 6MT / IND / AFE / ActiveAutowerke - SOLD
AW-FR E90 M3 DCT / ACM / IND / AutoTecknic / K&N / H&R / Bilstein - SOLD
Appreciate 1
heymarkv108.50
      03-11-2024, 02:20 PM   #24
heymarkv
Private
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter2090 View Post
100%, the OEM LCI's are so much better than those cheap aftermarket GTS tails. Definitely would love a set of the Shadowline LCI one day.

Oh I 500% agree, the Euro Shadowlines are subtle, but so much cleaner. A pricey mod that very few will notice or appreciate, but the ones that do will understand and definitely agree that they’re way cooler than the GTS tails.
Appreciate 3
M_Torx328.00
      03-20-2024, 11:08 AM   #25
heymarkv
Private
Rep

Made some changes and acquired my dream set of wheels, but more on that later when I finally edit the photos.

Also, the LED adaptive headlights is the best option for this car, it just looks so menacing!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
M_Torx328.00
MTBF800.00
      03-22-2024, 04:56 PM   #26
heymarkv
Private
Rep

So, I told myself that I was just going to keep it OEM+… (That was also a lie)

Year 2 Update – “F*CK IT, WE BALL”

After the first year of ownership with the car, I knew that I needed to get new tires as mine were the old original tires on the car from 2017 and shot. But, I put the car away for winter and didn’t think much of it as I wouldn’t need new tires until the Spring time – which in WNY generally means late April / early May.

Also side note: I use a CTEK Lithium battery tender while the car is stored in a garage during the winter, fantastic product, simple to setup & use.

Anyways, I am obsessed with wheels, wheel fitment, and achieving a clean stance on cars. I love researching these topics and getting inspiration from others who have similar styles like mine. Younger me was all about slammed, stretched, stanced cars whereas adult me is all about Form = Function, something that looks great but also improves the car’s handling capabilities.

So, I needed tires for this upcoming season right?

I was originally looking at a set of Apex Arc-8s but I asked some local powder coaters if they could do a custom brushed finish for me, unfortunately none of them could do what I wanted. Disappointed I just continued to look around at wheels online until I stumbled upon my dream wheels.

WheelFlip had a set of Matte Black 19in Volk TE37SLs listed on their website still in stock, which I was surprised as the 19s have been discounted for a while now and Volk was currently phasing out the 18s. I knew I had to have these as these were the LAST SET IN-STOCK online new, so it was now or never.

I immediately contacted WheelFlip, confirmed that they still had them, and asked about custom finishes as Matte Black is boring and saw that they offered Triple Chrome for a better cost than what my local powder coaters were offering for just powder. I’ve had a bunch of different finishes over the years and Triple Chrome was always one that I wanted to do on a white car. Immediately placed the order with WheelFlip, went to Denver for a work trip and the suspense was killing me while I waited for these to get shipped back home to me.

Boy Math = Buying new tires for a new set of wheels because I needed the tires anyways.

I’ve bought a lot of different sets of wheels over the years in a bunch of different colors & finishes, but nothing compares to how it felt unboxing these babies, truly a surreal moment as I’ve dreamt of owning a set of these wheels ever since I was a kid. Red valve stems originally came with the wheels along with some red spoke decals, but I ordered blue Volk valve stems as I prefer blue over red. And, if you're wondering why I don't have any stickers on the wheels, I just feel like it takes away from the clean look that the triple chrome finish provides. Trust me, I've tried many different spoke decal colors, even OG stickers and no stickers just looks the cleanest imo. I won’t lie, I was a lil worried about how the rear would fit as it’s an aggressive offset meant for the E9X, not F8X but I found a couple other F8Xs running these specs online and they seemed fine. The wheels fit extremely well with only being lowered on Swift springs.

Dream Wheels on the Dream M4, I can die happy now.
Specs: Stock Michelin Pilot 4s Tire Sizes
Front: 19x9.5+21 with a 10mm spacer, effectively a +11 offset
Rear: 19x10.5+22
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Boznien73.50
RAT3DM51.50
      03-26-2024, 10:27 AM   #27
heymarkv
Private
Rep

I’ve never been one for showy engine bays but I had to make an exception this time around. Back when I owned a F10 535 I met Graham in the F10 group on FB and we instantly hit it off as if were long lost twins that were separated at birth.

So, obviously I had to support him and his company ApexBuilt as I continue with the mods for the M4, always support your homies & small businesses when you can.

ApexBuilt Titanium air intakes and charge pipes in their blueberry finish.
They look fantastic but sound even better, the induction & turbo spool noises are amplified and just sounds WILD, even with a stock exhaust.

As much as I love the blueberry finish, I do wish that I went with their ghost finish (Raw Ti) for a more subtle look, but I'm more than pleased with these and kinda goes with the White / Chrome / Blue color scheme that I have going with the car currently.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      03-26-2024, 01:10 PM   #28
heymarkv
Private
Rep

TE Tuesday?

Oh, I also added a Pom Performance CF front lip. Came pre-drilled and has a thin underside which really liked as I was able to utilize the factory bolts for the undertray as connecting points as well as some self-tapers+washers combo.

Super easy to install with really great fitment & finish, would recommend.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Boznien73.50
      04-24-2024, 02:33 PM   #29
heymarkv
Private
Rep

“So, what’s next?”

I get this asked this a lot and truthfully I don’t know. I have always prioritized cars and modding them until my heart’s content, but that meant other interests and hobbies of mine have been put on the back burner as I unfortunately don’t have unlimited funds to do everything that I want to do. I love the state that the car is currently in, I haven’t made it too low to where driving is always worrisome, it looks great, and stock power is an absolute rocket ship compared to my winter beater 06 TL.

It’s tough to justify at the moment a bunch more mods that will realistically make the car more of a pain to drive around where I am in NY. So, I’m just kinda chilling at the moment and going to enjoy the car as is for now, get it paid off as I don’t owe a ton left on the car and then take it to the next phase. Is this adulting???

I have this vision of what I want the M4 to become one day which is more like a clubsport type car that’s still streetable while being a very capable track / autocross car. Something that just amplifies what this car does so well already. I’m heavily inspired by Ring Cars, WEC GT4 class, JDM car culture, Form = Function fitment, all together ultimately working towards making a beautifully balanced M4.

Probably won’t have any major mod updates for a while, but we all know damn well I’m going to still have some great photos to share here as I continue to enjoy the car.

And then for all my photo homies out there, these shots were taken with a Sony A7iii paired with a Sony 85mm 1.8 lens. If you have the space to utilize an 85mm for car shoots, do so it's such a great combination for subject focus and dreamy background separation!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 10:10 PM   #30
RAT3DM
Mod Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4, E36 M3

Garage List
  [0.00]
Fantastic thread...love the car and progression you've made with it. I'm in love with my M4 as well so know this made my heart happy!
Appreciate 1
heymarkv108.50
      Yesterday, 12:48 PM   #31
heymarkv
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAT3DM View Post
Fantastic thread...love the car and progression you've made with it. I'm in love with my M4 as well so know this made my heart happy!
I really appreciate the kind words brotha! I firmly believe the F8X Ms are the best cars, they're so great at everything and look so goddamn good from every angle!
Appreciate 0