R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

08-24-2017, 04:53 PM   #111
teemolovesm4
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKM32017 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padfan9 View Post
I haven't tracked my car yet and it's rattling everywhere on top of the brakes squeaking every time I go in reverse.

I also wouldn't compare our cars to an Evo or Sti. I would expect those two cars to rattle like this, but a car I spent $85,000 on shouldn't rattle from me using sport plus mode, especially after 3500 miles. The car is still new!
Agree 100%.

Snap, crackle and pop. These M3s make more noise than a glass of milk poured over a fresh bowl of Rice Krispies.

Not acceptable. Noise happens when new . Where is the quality control. Seems QC is out. Cheap components in. Way to go BMW.
Never had any noise or any other issues with my M4 since October 2014.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 04:55 PM   #112
teemolovesm4
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JibSTir13 View Post
Mine makes a noise that sounds like suspension coils touching/hitting each other over certain bumps.

It sounds very similar to the coils touching/hitting each other based on previous vehicles I've owned that were lowered (put on some coil sleeves/wraps to fix on previous vehicles).

Car is 100% stock, still in break-in period. Thus I don't think it is the coil noise.

Anyone experienced a similar noise or know of a fix?

I think it's the wheel bearing and it should be covered by warranty, 3 of my friends' m4 get their front wheel bearing replaced by local dealer caz of noise issues
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2017, 04:54 AM   #113
BKM32017
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accel Junky View Post
Mine is the same way. Buzzing and squeaks from the radio trim and underneath it, somewhere in the gauge panel area, passenger door panel, somewhere in the back seat, and every door frame creaks against the black trim. I also have the grinding sound coming from the trans tunnel under acceleration (something rubbing on driveshaft). I don't have any active sound buzzing as far as I know.

My plan is to bring a list with me to my next service.
These cars are junk. Unless you can reproduce each sound during a test drive BMW will do nothing.

So unacceptable for an 80k car. BMW is laughing on their way to the bank.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 04:42 PM   #114
skate0518
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46-E85-E92-F82

SA drove with me and video record all the creaking noise but Tech couldn't duplicate the noise so my car been sitting in service for 4 days. Its not big deal but still, why wouldn't they take care the well known issue ? smh ...
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 11:24 AM   #115
AlexF802018
Registered
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 2018

Rear driver Door buzzing and rattle

The loud buzzing comes on when hitting little bumps or when accelerating from lower 2k till 4k RPM on sport plus with turbos whining loud af. I have HK audio system. Took it to the dealer they had replaced the tweeter and added insulation at no charge covered by warranty. Left the dealer with barely no noise, however the next day it was horrendous. It doesn't buzz when I hold the door panel. I think it rattles the tweeter because the door panel is not designed properly. Maybe the clips or the tweeter area( which was insulated more) are loose.
No idea. Loud music makes it bearable.

The seat logos have a moderate buzz when the engine and ignition is off and when they light up. Not a biggie

Very litle cracking from front dash

Fuck it, because.... race car

If anyone has the same issue fixed please get back at me.

m3 2018 w comp package and exec package
Appreciate 0