Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Closed Thread

07-09-2016, 07:16 PM   #67
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
I believe that M3 and M4 are different. The pictures were M4.
Yeah - I know in the F30, the door trim was matt black, but on the F32 it was the same as the dashboard... so makes sense.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2016, 08:51 PM   #68
WestBankM4
First Lieutenant
Palestine
Rep
Drives: '19 M4CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
I think he means the door trim part - mine is black chrome on the dash, but matt black plastic on the doors - the photos above appear to be black chrome on the doors, or is the lighting playing tricks?
Light is playing tricks on you, mine is the same as yours, black plastic. I have a 2016 ZCP, Full black Merino Leather.

Wish the door sills were black chrome, that would have set it off.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2016, 09:25 PM   #69
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestBankM4 View Post
Light is playing tricks on you, mine is the same as yours, black plastic. I have a 2016 ZCP, Full black Merino Leather.

Wish the door sills were black chrome, that would have set it off.
My 2015 M4 has black chrome on the doors not black plastic. In fact you have to be careful with the seat belts not to dent or scratch the trim on the doors.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2016, 09:29 PM   #70
WestBankM4
First Lieutenant
Palestine
Rep
Drives: '19 M4CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
My 2015 M4 has black chrome on the doors not black plastic. In fact you have to be careful with the seat belts not to dent or scratch the trim on the doors.
I gotta take a better look when I leave, maybe mine are black chrome? They're a shiny black, not sure, thought they were plastic?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2016, 10:02 PM   #71
Dr. Who
Banned
Rep
Drives: Tardis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUIS3R View Post
That.... plus pricing

There's an additional option that adds even more leather everywhere.
Hey!

F.Y.I.:

No, There isn't.

Where are your getting your Info.?

After "Individual Extended Leather" (Which includes "XT1" now) in the Colors
offered in the Ordering Guide ("ZAxx"), you actually have to place your order
through, "BMW Indiividual" and there is no single catch all option. Everything
you want covered in Leather is charged as a separate line item, piece by piece.

Cheers!

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 01:59 PM   #72
Dr. Who
Banned
Rep
Drives: Tardis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUIS3R View Post
Thanks for your input.

XT1 is not added on free with full merino.

Maybe this guy can chime in. It won't let me tag

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...vidual+leather
Dude!

These posts are quite short.

I never wrote that.

In referencing the "Individual" Offerings (Golden, Amaro & Cohiba - Brown, Nutmeg & Opal White) -
Which is the highest level of Leather you can get through the Order Guide and normal
Dealer Channels
- , I wrote, "...Individual Extended Leather (Which includes "XT1" now)." I never
wrote it was "Free." If you get one, you get the other. And, I did not write, "Full Merino" at all!

The point of my response, was that you indicated a "...leather everywhere" option, which is wrong!

Please Trust, that I know what I'm talking about. I'm going on over 2 years now, placing my
"Individual" order (Which I might just chuck, because it's getting too tiring!).

Cheers!

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 11:18 AM   #73
ybewiz82
Rep
Drives: F83, F15, G16

Full leather looks premium

Gives it a great feel.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2016, 09:27 AM   #74
BDWonder
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
Dude!

These posts are quite short.

I never wrote that.

In referencing the "Individual" Offerings (Golden, Amaro & Cohiba - Brown, Nutmeg & Opal White) -
Which is the highest level of Leather you can get through the Order Guide and normal
Dealer Channels
- , I wrote, "...Individual Extended Leather (Which includes "XT1" now)." I never
wrote it was "Free." If you get one, you get the other. And, I did not write, "Full Merino" at all!

The point of my response, was that you indicated a "...leather everywhere" option, which is wrong!

Please Trust, that I know what I'm talking about. I'm going on over 2 years now, placing my
"Individual" order (Which I might just chuck, because it's getting too tiring!).

Cheers!

Hey dude, you seem to know this topic.
Question on the 2017 M3 Individual Extended leather option.
If I were to select this Ind Extended Merino Leather (Golden Brown/BMW Site), would it cover same surface areas with leather as the regular optioned Full Merino Leather? On the BMW site, if you choose the Ind Ext leather, you do see the dash and door panels now covered in leather. Could this be a site issue? The price is 3500 usd, vs the regular full merino leather at 3600 usd. So the Ind Extended leather is Full Leather, and costs less than regular merino full leather?
Whats the actual difference between this Ind Extended and regular full?
Or would I need to specifically ask for leather dash and door panels when choosing Ind Ext leather, and then pay extra (not the 3500 as per the site)?

sorry for so many questions, just trying to see where this stands so that I don't get disappointed after ordering.

thanks man!
Appreciate 1
Dr. Who302.50
      08-17-2016, 10:12 AM   #75
lippy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Extended leather includes the seats and panels on the doors. Full leather adds the top and bottom of the dash and the door tops. Individual leather, now that it includes XT1, includes the same surfaces as full. The top of the dash and doors will be black, and the bottom of the dash and door panels will be the individual color you choose.

Individual is a good deal. I was considering Golden Brown, but I have an SO exterior so it may not have worked that well, and it may have been a lot going on. I ended up with full black. My dealer also told me it would add 2 months to the order.
Appreciate 2
      08-18-2016, 12:27 PM   #76
BMW_2014
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lippy View Post
Extended leather includes the seats and panels on the doors. Full leather adds the top and bottom of the dash and the door tops. Individual leather, now that it includes XT1, includes the same surfaces as full. The top of the dash and doors will be black, and the bottom of the dash and door panels will be the individual color you choose.

Individual is a good deal. I was considering Golden Brown, but I have an SO exterior so it may not have worked that well, and it may have been a lot going on. I ended up with full black. My dealer also told me it would add 2 months to the order.
I'm ordering my car in about 6 weeks (need to wait for lease timing on my 335i). Looking back through the posts makes me a little nervous, are you saying absolutely 100% that the $3500 individual leather option is not identical to the $3600 full leather option? Door Sills, Door Handle, Dash, etc....?
Appreciate 1
jbed39.50
      08-18-2016, 12:43 PM   #77
lippy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_2014 View Post
I'm ordering my car in about 6 weeks (need to wait for lease timing on my 335i). Looking back through the posts makes me a little nervous, are you saying absolutely 100% that the $3500 individual leather option is not identical to the $3600 full leather option? Door Sills, Door Handle, Dash, etc....?
It covers the same surfaces, but in a different way. Look at the configurator. Full leather in any color but black has the "stripe" above the glove box and on the doors. Individual is done a bit differently.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread