Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

08-09-2014, 04:46 PM   #221
/// M sa
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3OW View Post
Again with the name calling and attacks. If you don't care about other peoples opinions, your the one who should pack up and leave.

Definition of a forum

fo·rum/ˈfôrəm/
noun
a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
I call it as I see it, you never drove the car and your here with negative comments trying to help other buyers? Talking about blind leading the blind lol good luck man, I am done here but I agree with Keto, we want to keep this place clear of trolls and wanna be enthusiast so we can talk bitch and learn about our cars that WE OWN AND DRIVE.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 04:50 PM   #222
M3OW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw f80 m3 on radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M sa View Post
Nobody is insecure I can hardly give a crap what you think of the new car. Get off the phone, go to your garage and make love to your v8 and call it a day. I am singling you out as I have read most of the s you spew all over these forums. Take your friends and go back to the v8 convention and be marry. Just read your post again and you haven't even driven the car yet? Lmao that is absurd and you mentioned you were here trying to help perspective buyers?

I own the car, it's that good and love it. E92m was a great car, f8x is better in all aspects and even sound could be something of a preference.
Wow pure and utter nonsense. First of all the lease on my e92 ended in February. I owned several cars since and during my e92 ownership. If I wanted to keep my m3 I would have bought it at the end of its lease. As of now I am evaluating my choices for my next car.

There are a few level headed members here that provide real world experience and valued opinions. The ones that attack and name call are not one of them.

Like I said in a previous post, it's really a shame that some members have to PM me their thoughts of the new car in fear of getting flamed by some f8x owners. How sad and childish.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 04:53 PM   #223
/// M sa
Major
Rep

Quote:
Wow pure and utter nonsense. First of all the lease on my e92 ended in February. I owned several cars since and during my e92 ownership. If I wanted to keep my m3 I would have bought it at the end of its lease. As of now I am evaluating my choices for my next car.

There are a few level headed members here that provide real world experience and valued opinions. The ones that attack and name call are not one of them.

Like I said in a previous post, it's really a shame that some members have to PM me their thoughts of the new car in fear of getting flamed by some f8x owners. How sad and childish.
Well looks like they are in the minority. Go drive the car for your self and then form an opinion, don't form one based on others. Geezus man wtf is going I these forums these days, there a lot more positive reviews out here than negative and if the owners feel scared then they need to grow balls. If there is anything that is non sense is your negative comments about a car that you have not driven or even sat in. Ignorance at its finest.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 04:54 PM   #224
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

^^^

I don't know who is "afraid" of being flamed by a couple of idiots, seems odd. And why would they pm you? You don't even own one / haven't driven one?

Weird
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 04:54 PM   #225
M3OW
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I call it as I see it, you never drove the car and your here with negative comments trying to help other buyers? Talking about blind leading the blind lol good luck man, I am done here but I agree with Keto, we want to keep this place clear of trolls and wanna be enthusiast so we can talk bitch and learn about our cars that WE OWN AND DRIVE.
What negative comments did I make about the new car? Please enlighten me. All I said is that we should put aside the name calling and focus on debate. That's all. Nothing more to say to you, your obviously no help, you offer nothing beneficial with your name calling and attacks.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 04:54 PM   #226
/// M sa
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
^^^

I don't know who is "afraid" of being flamed by a couple of idiots, seems odd. And why would they pm you? You don't even own one / haven't driven one?

Weird
Well Kenny I am trying to bring out the truth without calling him a liar!!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 04:57 PM   #227
M3OW
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
^^^

Weird
Your right I don't own one and haven't driven one either. Haven't found a dealership in so cal with one in stock to test drive.
I started a thread asking for opinions and prospective for my next car and one member got banned for attacking me for asking about the negatives of the new car. 2 members pm'd me with their ownership/test drive experience in fear of getting bashed. That came from their mouths not mine.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 05:36 PM   #228
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Nardo F90 M5 on order

!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 05:47 PM   #229
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonymiabmw View Post
!
Another e9xer heard from
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 05:49 PM   #230
Black Gold
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Your right I don't own one and haven't driven one either. Haven't found a dealership in so cal with one in stock to test drive.
I started a thread asking for opinions and prospective for my next car and one member got banned for attacking me for asking about the negatives of the new car. 2 members pm'd me with their ownership/test drive experience in fear of getting bashed. That came from their mouths not mine.
That's unfortunate all the way around

I completely understand the difficulty of finding one to test drive, impossible her in Houston anyway.

I hope you get to drive one soon

Personally, I pulled the trigger without driving one first. My reasons being enjoying every m3 I've owned (e9x and current e46) and loving the 1m I owned, and sadly no longer own. I also like the upgraded interior quality of the new ones and all the new performance and interior tech. I wanted a 4 door dd that I can also track for fun, with a manual transmission. Not much competiton these days :/

I have a pretty good feeling on how it will drive, but I know there will be some things I don't like about it. I know the larger size will kill a little of the go kart feel but as a dd it's more than worth the compromise. I still believe it will an handle excellent.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 06:10 PM   #231
modkrazy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:

I completely understand the difficulty of finding one to test drive, impossible her in Houston anyway.

Personally, I pulled the trigger without driving one first. My reasons being enjoying every m3 I've owned (e9x and current e46) and loving the 1m I owned, and sadly no longer own. I also like the upgraded interior quality of the new ones and all the new performance and interior tech. I wanted a 4 door dd that I can also track for fun, with a manual transmission. Not much competiton these days :/

I have a pretty good feeling on how it will drive, but I know there will be some things I don't like about it. I know the larger size will kill a little of the go kart feel but as a dd it's more than worth the compromise. I still believe it will an handle excellent.
For whatever it's worth, and this is something I forgot to mention in my previous post, but if you are a fan of smooth manuals, the F8X's 6MT may well become your favorite stick to fondle and knock about. My only quasi-regret about my E92 (which I intend to keep and strip down to full race-car status... not sure yet what the new DD will be, waiting for the competition to release their cars for comparos) is that it isn't a manual, but the manual in the previous gen was pretty crap. The new one is soooo nice. If I could transplant it into the old car, I'd throw away my DCT yesterday.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 06:15 PM   #232
Black Gold
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by modkrazy View Post
For whatever it's worth, and this is something I forgot to mention in my previous post, but if you are a fan of smooth manuals, the F8X's 6MT may well become your favorite stick to fondle and knock about. My only quasi-regret about my E92 (which I intend to keep and strip down to full race-car status... not sure yet what the new DD will be, waiting for the competition to release their cars for comparos) is that it isn't a manual, but the manual in the previous gen was pretty crap. The new one is soooo nice. If I could transplant it into the old car, I'd throw away my DCT yesterday.
Well, good news is the dct is awesome for track use, and is awesome paired to the s65. I prefer dct on high revving engines like the s65 but manuals on more torque rich motors.

That is great news, I thought the manual on the e9x was very poor, but the one on the 1m was awesome. Can't wait to test it out!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 06:20 PM   #233
M3OW
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Tried to drive one today at Beverly Hills bmw in so cal, they wouldn't let me even though I have a history of buying m3's and doing business with them in the past. They had a ymb m4 which I made clear to them I would not buy but told them if I drive the car and like it id buy a different color combo in 4 door form. They did not allow it, how sad.

My other concern is that a short test drive will not be enough, I usually rent a car I'm interested in for a day it two to make up my mind. Not sure how so many member were allowed test drives. They're so anal at these dealerships.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 06:34 PM   #234
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Not sure how so many member were allowed test drives. They're so anal at these dealerships.
Obviously a difference in what dealers intend to do with their "demos". My dealer in Austin has an M4 and an M3 that were their first deliveries. They use these for test drives and are obviously not pushing to sell them right now. On the other hand, the dealers in Houston are not allowing test drives because they intend to sell their "demos".

Personally I think the Austin dealer philosophy will sell more cars.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 06:37 PM   #235
Henrayy///M
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mazda 6 Sport

ugh I keep getting to the links too late! Anyone find a new one?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 06:57 PM   #236
/// M sa
Major
Rep

For the people that can't find a dealer to test drive, look on the regional car forums and find someone that is willing to drive you for a little while or let you drive the car in your area. My neighbor has an M4 on order and he came over and I let him take it out.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 06:59 PM   #237
/// M sa
Major
Rep

Quote:
Tried to drive one today at Beverly Hills bmw in so cal, they wouldn't let me even though I have a history of buying m3's and doing business with them in the past. They had a ymb m4 which I made clear to them I would not buy but told them if I drive the car and like it id buy a different color combo in 4 door form. They did not allow it, how sad.

My other concern is that a short test drive will not be enough, I usually rent a car I'm interested in for a day it two to make up my mind. Not sure how so many member were allowed test drives. They're so anal at these dealerships.
What company will rent a new m3/4? You need am hour test drive and if the dealer knows you bought bunch of m3s then they will try to accommodate you.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 07:09 PM   #238
M3OW
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
What company will rent a new m3/4? You need am hour test drive and if the dealer knows you bought bunch of m3s then they will try to accommodate you.
They're a few rental companies that bring in nice cars. I rented my gt3 and r8 prior to buying them. The company I mainly rent from told me they might bring one in a month or two so I guess I'll have to wait. The bmw dealerships in so cal are not very accommodating when it comes to short test drives with their precious m3's let alone an hour test drive.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 07:09 PM   #239
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 Manual AW F80

Quote:
Hey man, have you heard or the Multi-quote button Just saying. You and M3row, can you please take your argument to pm's. This was supposed to be the Chris Harris review thread

My Amazing European Delivery Story
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 07:44 PM   #240
/// M sa
Major
Rep

Quote:
They're a few rental companies that bring in nice cars. I rented my gt3 and r8 prior to buying them. The company I mainly rent from told me they might bring one in a month or two so I guess I'll have to wait. The bmw dealerships in so cal are not very accommodating when it comes to short test drives with their precious m3's let alone an hour test drive.
Well you WC guys have it all, no such place in DC unless the car has been out for a few years or so. How can a dealership expect you to buy a car without a demo? Even smaller dealers here have demo cars.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 07:44 PM   #241
/// M sa
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm918 View Post
Hey man, have you heard or the Multi-quote button Just saying. You and M3row, can you please take your argument to pm's. This was supposed to be the Chris Harris review thread
My bad your right
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 07:47 PM   #242
Epoustouflant
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123sub View Post
I Guess he would have the S65 in this car if he could choose.
Troll much? Butt hurts a bit or a lot? Turbos are the way of the future plain and simple. The gains from a turbo engine have greater potential than a na engine. Let's also talk about tunning, less weight, more efficient etc... But then again your an M enthusiast that knows all about cars
I really, really wanted to avoid arguments especially with you as you are excessively quick to resort to name calling, however lots of what you are stating is flat out wrong.

Turbos are not the future - they have been around for decades, anyone calling them so clearly is brand new to turbocharged engines. You need to realize BMW is showcasing in the M4 today what was cost efficient and met the emissions/performance targets in 2012 during development.

In a post financial crisis with shareholder emphasis on cost savings, it made a lot more sense to slightly improve on existing technologies (N54/N55) than to embark upon a hypercar level R&D race.

Turbos are a stop gap / band aid solution until engineers can properly mass produce hybrid systems ala LaFerrari, 918 and the GT3 RSR hybrid system.

Turbos are not any more efficient, all preliminary results show the F8X consumes just as much as the E9X V8 except on highway cruising speeds.

The S55 is barely any lighter than the S65 when taking into account the additional plumbing to accomodate the turbos.

I'm fairly confident anyone would pick a 4.4 S65 with hybrid motors providing instant low torque with exceptional top end and much improved efficiency through electric only usage.

550hp at 8,400 rpm and 450tq at 1,500 sounds like fun doesn't it?

I'm hoping the come back to a V10 in the next G series M5/M6 will showcase such technologies.

You need to realize that most E9X owners probably have the means to upgrade to the F8X, I personally will not as I feel M hasn't brought their A game to this generation and it presents too many compromises.

As Clarkson said, this is a well designed B team car.

PS: I have driven the car, hopefully you consider my opinion valid.
Appreciate 0