Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

04-26-2022, 06:28 PM   #1
iMattphew
Rep
Drives: F82

Upgraded Ambient Lighting Kit

https://youtube.com/shorts/uOzoTDEd-nI?feature=share

Here's a little preview of a kit I've been working on. You can pick any solid color or change it to one of the 500+ patterns. Its not integrated with the iDrive system because it doesn't make sense. 1 it will be TONS of coding and 2 it wouldn't be ideal for someone to scroll through 500+ options on the iDrive so its done through an app.

The kit should be available at the end of may taking pre orders. Be in mind that the kit takes a month and a half to manufacture. So if your interested place your pre order before there's a wait and it gets on back order. Pre orders will be discounted as well.

As of right now I only have the doors and radio cluster done. I'm still working on the cup holder and foot well lighting. Only problem I'm running into is I need to find out where those lights lead too. I'm pretty sure they lead to the Front Electronic Module (FEM) but need the wire diagram to see which pins/wires are the cup holder and footwell lights. Can someone help me get access to this wire diagram? I search everywhere for it but couldn't find anything.

----UPDATE----

Heres a better video showing you just a few different modes

An installation video will be made to make it easier for you to install it yourself soon

Sorry for the delay on being ready to take preorders but im still working on the website and on integrating the cup and footwell lighting in this upgrade. Should be ready in a few more weeks

Last edited by iMattphew; 06-01-2022 at 09:46 PM..
Appreciate 3
      05-04-2022, 05:48 PM   #2
RobbieG
Rep
Drives: 430i grand coupe

Did you get anywhere with this??
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 06:19 PM   #3
iMattphew
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieG View Post
Did you get anywhere with this??
What do you mean?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 06:51 PM   #4
RobbieG
Rep
Drives: 430i grand coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMattphew View Post
What do you mean?
I SINCERELY apologize, I truly SWEAR I saw that as being posted in 2021... I was SHOCKED that there were no replies or updates within the past year, so I asked if you had gotten anywhere. Again, my mistake. So what's the cost, what's the swap/upgrade consist of, and where can I throw my money at you?! Definitely want this. Thanks for replying though
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 09:37 PM   #5
18BMWX5M
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

You making this kit for the f82?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2022, 11:29 AM   #6
MonkeyBike
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition 6M

Really impressive work with the kit! Do you have an idea of the price range yet? and is the installation process exceedingly difficult like I've heard about some of the other lighting mods? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 01:21 PM   #7
smoovvveee
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' Alpine White BMW M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [7.30]
Quote:

Here's a little preview of a kit I've been working on. You can pick any solid color or change it to one of the 500+ patterns. Its not integrated with the iDrive system because it doesn't make sense. 1 it will be TONS of coding and 2 it wouldn't be ideal for someone to scroll through 500+ options on the iDrive so its done through an app.

The kit should be available at the end of may taking pre orders. Be in mind that the kit takes a month and a half to manufacture. So if your interested place your pre order before there's a wait and it gets on back order. Pre orders will be discounted as well.

As of right now I only have the doors and radio cluster done. I'm still working on the cup holder and foot well lighting. Only problem I'm running into is I need to find out where those lights lead too. I'm pretty sure they lead to the Front Electronic Module (FEM) but need the wire diagram to see which pins/wires are the cup holder and footwell lights. Can someone help me get access to this wire diagram? I search everywhere for it but couldn't find anything.
Interested in pre ordering. Let us know when we can
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2022, 08:10 AM   #8
loudxpack
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: f80 ZCP, x3mc

I want this please keep us posted
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2022, 09:21 PM   #9
iMattphew
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieG View Post
I SINCERELY apologize, I truly SWEAR I saw that as being posted in 2021... I was SHOCKED that there were no replies or updates within the past year, so I asked if you had gotten anywhere. Again, my mistake. So what's the cost, what's the swap/upgrade consist of, and where can I throw my money at you?! Definitely want this. Thanks for replying though
lol np man, still havent decided what it will cost but just know it wont be light these cheap led kits because i have to manufacture this custom strips myself. as for installation its a pretty easy installation as long as you have basic wiring skills. i tried to make it as plug and play as possible to be easy for the average guy

check the thread again i just updated it with more info and a better video showcasing the possibilities
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2022, 09:58 PM   #10
iMattphew
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18BMWX5M View Post
You making this kit for the f82?
yeah of course. once i start taking preorder for the f30/f80 then ill start getting the samples manufactured for the f32/f83, making sure the samples are good then do a preorder for the f32/f82
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2022, 10:00 PM   #11
iMattphew
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBike View Post
Really impressive work with the kit! Do you have an idea of the price range yet? and is the installation process exceedingly difficult like I've heard about some of the other lighting mods? Thanks!
still havent decided what it will cost but just know it wont be light these cheap led kits because i have to manufacture this custom strips myself. as for installation its a pretty easy installation as long as you have basic wiring skills. i tried to make it as plug and play as possible to be easy for the average guy

i updated the thread with a better video showing more
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2022, 10:01 PM   #12
iMattphew
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovvveee View Post
Interested in pre ordering. Let us know when we can
thanks man, will do. should be a few more weeks. ill message you when its up for pre order.

i updated the thread with a new video
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2022, 10:02 PM   #13
iMattphew
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudxpack View Post
I want this please keep us posted
thanks man, will do

i updated the thread with a better video
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2022, 03:18 PM   #14
18BMWX5M
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Quote:

----UPDATE----

Heres a better video showing you just a few different modes

An installation video will be made to make it easier for you to install it yourself soon

Sorry for the delay on being ready to take preorders but im still working on the website and on integrating the cup and footwell lighting in this upgrade. Should be ready in a few more weeks
This is awesome man. I can't wait for the f82 kit!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2022, 11:09 PM   #15
B1N
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F83 M4

This looks great! Can't wait for the f82/f83 to become available

So how does this turn on and get controlled if it's not connected through I Drive? Is there a separate switch that would control this? How would you change the color?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2022, 05:12 PM   #16
iMattphew
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1N View Post
This looks great! Can't wait for the f82/f83 to become available

So how does this turn on and get controlled if it's not connected through I Drive? Is there a separate switch that would control this? How would you change the color?

Cheers
Through an app on your phone called WLED
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2023, 06:49 PM   #17
BrodyShuffles
Private
Rep
Drives: E82 F30

Are you still selling these?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2023, 11:06 AM   #18
eff32fl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i M Sport THP MPPSK

That's pretty bad ass! Are you selling these for the F82/F32? Would be awesome to see some footwell lights added to the look.

I have aftermarket blue/white LED modules but your setup is way better.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2023, 03:31 PM   #19
Dsmdrew
Private
Rep
Drives: Go5

I just bought a kit to run the factory ambient lighting in the speakers. Bad pic sorry. Looks so good in-person. Matches factory color and cover!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0