Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

09-07-2023, 12:41 AM   #1
furkanbaba
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 F80

RHD and LHD headlights compatibility

Hello, I live in Europe and have an F80 that survived a small crash. Long story short: the bumper, right headlight and few radiators has to be replaced. So a brand new headlight is 1.400€, which is a tremendous amount of money for just one headlight.
I found a nice headlight at a bargain price of around 700 bucks. The only problem is that it comes from the UK, so yeah, it’s an RHD headlight. I searched for hours and hours but couldn’t find on any forum someone who had the same problem as me.

So i’m asking you guys, can i use the RHD right headlight along with my LHD left one? I heard that there’s some lever in it that switches from RHD to LHD in the e46/92s.
For info, the part number that i need is 63117377842 and the part i found on marketplace is 63117476214

Thanks in advance for your help
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2023, 03:17 AM   #2
artist21
Rep
Drives: bmw f44

sorry but you need LHD. RHD headlights are completely different hardware for the direction of the high and low beam. Go for a LHD headlight!
Appreciate 1
      09-07-2023, 04:45 PM   #3
NSX2M4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP- RIVIAN R1S QUAD

Yes, you need LHD lights. For example: A left hand drive vehicle will not swivel the lighting to the left to avoid blinding oncoming traffic. (Only to the right) It's impossible to code either from what I gather. I would also advise against a used headlight assembly. They're all from accident prone total losses and may not be what you think they are.