GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

03-07-2015, 08:55 AM   #45
Krozcrveno
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW 335 M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by N & M View Post
BMW prides itself on being tech forward and cutting edge yet they crown thier track focused model with a big wing that looks like an after market thought from a cheap catalog?!?

Why can't they justify the huge premuim they will most likely charge and fit active aero like Ferrrari have and preserve the elegance of thier vehicle lines?

They have a wind tunnel, they have know how (including the La Ferrrari fellow) and they the tech competency so what are they wasting thier time with outdated T-wings?
👆👍 +1
That is my point too.
Bmw GTS - CSL whatever the name is, needs to justify the huge premium. Otherwise we will see c63 black, 911 gts or gt3, even audi rs5 plus( if such model exists in future) will wipe out floor with M4.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2015, 09:55 AM   #46
jaehshim
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

still be slower than GTR
a mint used GTR will sit next to my e90 M3 in a few years
      03-07-2015, 10:52 AM   #47
daMau
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake View Post
So I have a friend who's a noob, can someone explain to him exactly how this water injection stuff works, and why it is so "good".
Thanks.
Water mist is sprayed/injected into the pressurized intake air. This cools the air/fuel mixture, lowers the cylinder temp which reduces detonation (knock), and allows for greater timing advance and potentially higher compression ratios. Which in turn allows for greater boost and more power.

Methanol injection has been very popular in the N54 aftermarket for some time. I am guessing BMW is avoiding methanol for production car because it's more dangerous and more difficult for average consumer to acquire.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2015, 11:29 AM   #48
Yo Blax
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw m3

nurburgring lap time

we must be looking at the fastest bmw ever around the nurburgring low to mid 7min40 let's take a guess Im gonna guess 7min.43. and what about power guessing 470 bhp any thoughts....
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2015, 11:15 PM   #49
WhyGeeGee
Second Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC , 2016 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanta View Post
Will it be more expensive than a new GT3RS?
I think I read somewhere that the new GT3RS is around $180,000.
      03-08-2015, 03:14 AM   #50
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by daMau View Post
Water mist is sprayed/injected into the pressurized intake air. This cools the air/fuel mixture, lowers the cylinder temp which reduces detonation (knock), and allows for greater timing advance and potentially higher compression ratios. Which in turn allows for greater boost and more power.

Methanol injection has been very popular in the N54 aftermarket for some time. I am guessing BMW is avoiding methanol for production car because it's more dangerous and more difficult for average consumer to acquire.
Thanks for the response, appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2015, 11:08 AM   #51
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonb View Post
Still just speculation but anyway - from recent car and driver article:

http://blog.caranddriver.com/hard-co...but-in-august/

lol @ festival of money and "extremely well placed insider"

And from BMW insider Scott26 about the GTS getting laser and OLED lights:
No retrofit and dealers will be open for penalty is really something,

I hope they build it not so much, yet I could get the stocks again..

the question remains.. will the US market get it ?
as if the US get it I believe there will be way more of them,, not like the m3 gts
      03-09-2015, 07:13 AM   #52
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearboxtrouble View Post
Going by the M3 GTS, this will be a $150k+ stripped out track monster on cup tires. Utterly horrible as a street car but as quick as a 911 GT3 on a track.
The GTS was nowhere near a GT3. but it also was fine on the street. no worse than a GT3. induction noise though! hubba hubba!
      03-09-2015, 07:14 AM   #53
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyGeeGee View Post
I think I read somewhere that the new GT3RS is around $180,000.
you mean you read it on porsche's north american website? its on the configurator. i'll take orange.
      03-09-2015, 07:20 AM   #54
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-K View Post

as if the US get it I believe there will be way more of them,, not like the m3 gts
The parts used to just need the vin of a GTS to get them. but then they started tracking that as well so as time went it got harder to get M3 GTS parts. It was impossible to get any M3 CRT parts. Good thing is aftermarket usually gets the parts and makes a similar or improved version for less cost anyways.

US market i hope we get this car this time. If the engine is not different seems they can justify getting them over. wonder what the seats in this car will be like. hopefully they are folding carbon buckets with integrated airbags so we get the same thing. I think this car will be worth it for GT3 money or slightly lower ala 120k-135k range. but no way for RS money.
      03-09-2015, 07:24 AM   #55
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-K
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonb View Post
Still just speculation but anyway - from recent car and driver article:

http://blog.caranddriver.com/hard-co...but-in-august/

lol @ festival of money and "extremely well placed insider"

And from BMW insider Scott26 about the GTS getting laser and OLED lights:

We can expect these parts to be even harder to get than those of the M3 GTS. A certain someone is publicizing their oem GTS build like a cheap whore and I'm sure BMW isn't happy.
Looking for an SUV
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 07:38 AM   #56
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Not a chance. If it does come to the US - which a reveal at Pebble Beach, should it be confirmed, would seem to be a reasonably strong indicator of - I would suppose no more than $125k USD. So, more in the neighborhood of 911 GTS pricing or thereabout. Some might even suggest BMW would have to get the MSRP below $100k here in the US to even think about finding buyers. I am not so sure that's the case when it is possible to option up the standard M4 coupe very near there. Definitely room for some debate on that though. It's a tough one to nail down since there's no recent precedent (in the US).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanta View Post
Will it be more expensive than a new GT3RS?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 10:16 AM   #57
Fanta
C
Canada
Rep
Drives: 740iL, M3, Carrera

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Not a chance. If it does come to the US - which a reveal at Pebble Beach, should it be confirmed, would seem to be a reasonably strong indicator of - I would suppose no more than $125k USD. So, more in the neighborhood of 911 GTS pricing or thereabout. Some might even suggest BMW would have to get the MSRP below $100k here in the US to even think about finding buyers. I am not so sure that's the case when it is possible to option up the standard M4 coupe very near there. Definitely room for some debate on that though. It's a tough one to nail down since there's no recent precedent (in the US).
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 10:44 AM   #58
AlterZgo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 23 X3 M40i, 21 911S, 24 Taycan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogoevo View Post
Screw water and meth - E85 all the way
While I agree E85 is awesome and very cheap for what it does, the problem is the stock fuel system is already maxed out with normal gasoline. Adding E85 further taxes the stock fuel system as it would require the system to pump even more fuel through the stock lines, injectors, etc. Good thing about meth is it is an additional source of fuel enrichment that has its own dedicated delivery system on top of the stock fuel system.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 11:23 AM   #59
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
The parts used to just need the vin of a GTS to get them. but then they started tracking that as well so as time went it got harder to get M3 GTS parts. It was impossible to get any M3 CRT parts. Good thing is aftermarket usually gets the parts and makes a similar or improved version for less cost anyways.

US market i hope we get this car this time. If the engine is not different seems they can justify getting them over. wonder what the seats in this car will be like. hopefully they are folding carbon buckets with integrated airbags so we get the same thing. I think this car will be worth it for GT3 money or slightly lower ala 120k-135k range. but no way for RS money.
Thats a lot of money for a BMW,
however finger crossed, by 2016/17 I might get my savings ready to get the M4 GTS,
its going to be lighter, faster and better than the M3 GTS, however..
Last NA..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingMeister01 View Post
We can expect these parts to be even harder to get than those of the M3 GTS. A certain someone is publicizing their oem GTS build like a cheap whore and I'm sure BMW isn't happy.
Yes,
that is true, this will help holding their values more,

I have friends who are car freaks as well, but won't be able (ever) to appreciate the M3 GTS (in any single way) it is just a more pricey BMW marketing strategy to the M3.

however, it is somehow kind of true, you could mod and achieve higher performance from this.
      03-09-2015, 11:26 AM   #60
Carl L
Major
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I would also estimate a 115-125k US MSRP if this car comes here. I would say the best indicator of that is the C63 BS. No way it'll cost sub 100k, and I'd guess they won't have an issue selling at more than 100k especially give the limited numbers.

That said, my view is that a nicely equipped M3 is amazing value at 75k (fantastic DD that can carve up technical tracks like no other sedan), but if I'm spending close to 130k for something with 2-seats I'm going with a GT3 and not even considering the M3 GTS. I only owned my 996 GT3 for a year but recently the itch for the 991 variant is becoming harder and harder to resist after driving my friend's. It is peerless.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 11:42 AM   #61
Revcrazy
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearboxtrouble View Post
Going by the M3 GTS, this will be a $150k+ stripped out track monster on cup tires. Utterly horrible as a street car but as quick as a 911 GT3 on a track.
M3 GTS wasnt even on the same planet as a GT3 on or off the track. Nowhere even close by any stretch, and even further out against the RS or RS 4.0 and it was more expensive than a regular GT3 to boot.

Hell, it could barely compete with a 996 GT3, and that car was 11 year old when the E92 M3 GTS came out.

Seeing how far the regular 991 GT3 has brought the game...no peers except the 458 Speciale, its going to be tough for an M4 GTS to really hold a candle to it, and by that time the RS will be out and it will just have more of an uphill battle against it than it already does. I dont think BMW has much viable reason to bring that car here and try to sell it for 150K when you can buy a GT3 for 130K.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 01:08 PM   #62
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revcrazy View Post
M3 GTS wasnt even on the same planet as a GT3 on or off the track. Nowhere even close by any stretch, and even further out against the RS or RS 4.0 and it was more expensive than a regular GT3 to boot.

Hell, it could barely compete with a 996 GT3, and that car was 11 year old when the E92 M3 GTS came out.

Seeing how far the regular 991 GT3 has brought the game...no peers except the 458 Speciale, its going to be tough for an M4 GTS to really hold a candle to it, and by that time the RS will be out and it will just have more of an uphill battle against it than it already does. I dont think BMW has much viable reason to bring that car here and try to sell it for 150K when you can buy a GT3 for 130K.
The 991 GT3 is a tall tall order to compete with but I think there is room to sell it at a price lower than it slightly and make BMW some good money.

I hope they have optional rear seat in this car but doubt it.

If its lighter as it surely will be and has more power as it surely will have plus has wider semi slick tires well it just might surprise some people. sub 7:40 on the ring i think would be possible.
      03-09-2015, 01:38 PM   #63
JoeFromPA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 AW M3 6MT Stripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
The 991 GT3 is a tall tall order to compete with but I think there is room to sell it at a price lower than it slightly and make BMW some good money.
I don't think these cars are made to make money ....except by brand promotion.

I'm not saying they won't make money off of them, but it's not going to be meaningful IMHO compared to what comes from base 3, 5, 7, and x sales.
      03-09-2015, 08:25 PM   #64
gogoevo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Porsche 997.2 TTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterZgo View Post
While I agree E85 is awesome and very cheap for what it does, the problem is the stock fuel system is already maxed out with normal gasoline. Adding E85 further taxes the stock fuel system as it would require the system to pump even more fuel through the stock lines, injectors, etc. Good thing about meth is it is an additional source of fuel enrichment that has its own dedicated delivery system on top of the stock fuel system.
Agreed. However, I for one would welcome an E85 kit that would alow us a true flex fuel setup - injectors, pump(s), fuel rails, etc. Obviously this would require a flash tune, too. At least that's my understanding.

There's just something about having to maintain two fuel sources e.g. Meth or water + petrol that seems inconvenient.
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2015, 09:26 PM   #65
Someone?
Perception is King
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

M4 GTS w/ water injection

Saw this, thought it was cool.=http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...jection-rumor/
      04-10-2015, 08:26 AM   #66
BMW M3 CRT
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

According to the german car magazine AutoBild:
  • M4 GTS debuts in May
  • 500PS / 600Nm
  • 100kg less than M4
  • 3,9sec from 0 to 100km/h
  • limited to 750 Examples
  • price nearly 140.000,-- €