Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

03-10-2017, 03:14 PM   #1
Josh_F82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

(ahhh i'm a noob again!)...A simple Grille Question

New owner here and overall new to the BMW scene. (Please don’t kill me … I’ve been on Nissan/Infiniti forums for the last 5+ years so I know the EXACT the look you give when you’re reading a “noobs” post… so please bare with me lol)

I just picked up pre-owned Alpine White M4 and as most of you prob were… I’m in love with the car. Now one of my favorite cosmetic things with the M4 are the badges…specifically the one in the grille. I noticed I lucked out seeing I have the black grill instead of the chrome, however I noticed my M4 badge is missing .

My first question is… is there any way to get this back without buying a new grille? I love the black but I would like the (official) badge back in the front.

My second question is… does anyone have any photos they could share of an AW M4 with both, the logo in the grille AND the motorsport stripes? I’ve always wanted those stripes when it came time for me to buy an M and would like to see what it looks like with both from a distance (the photos I’ve seen were really close up and hard to tell overall look of the car). Feedback is appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2017, 08:57 PM   #2
AustinGelbM4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Austin Yellow M4

Congrats and welcome to the forum.

The M badge is built in with the grille. You won't be able to buy a badge and attach it after the fact. Badges exist but they are not identical. So new grille it is.

As for the pictures, I'm sure I've seen that combo somewhere here. Search the picture forum. G/L

This might help.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-BMW-4-se...3D401154109987

Last edited by AustinGelbM4; 03-11-2017 at 12:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2017, 08:06 AM   #3
Josh_F82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinGelbM4 View Post
Congrats and welcome to the forum.

The M badge is built in with the grille. You won't be able to buy a badge and attach it after the fact. Badges exist but they are not identical. So new grille it is.

As for the pictures, I'm sure I've seen that combo somewhere here. Search the picture forum. G/L

This might help.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-BMW-4-se...3D401154109987
Thanks!!!
Appreciate 0