BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

07-11-2017, 11:06 AM   #1
3GFX
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

M8 GTE/GTLM car confirmed!

I don't know where to put this information so I'm just gonna leave it here. If need be a moderator can move or merge it (thx).

This weekend (July 9, 2017) I was able to spend some time in the Turner Motorsport and Rahal-Letterman team tents and through some awkward nods and smiles it's confirmed that the RL Team will be running an M8 next season. RL hasn't released officially, but it's definitely going to happen. Turner will be running the M4 GT4 car.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/b...or-2018-debut/

Render:

Credit: DavUsal
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 11:24 AM   #2
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Although we did not know for certain that Rahal/Letterman would be the team owner, the rest was announced by BMW back in May.

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...up?language=en

Quote:
Development is also underway of a race-spec car – the BMW M8 GTE – to spearhead the return of BMW Motorsport to Le Mans: “The BMW M8 GTE development programme for our Le Mans comeback is in full swing,” says BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt. “Developing a new racing car is always exciting, and in the case of the BMW M8 GTE the anticipation is that much greater still. We can’t reveal any pictures yet, but I can promise you that the BMW M8 GTE will look spectacular. We are planning an initial roll-out for the first half of this year and are looking at giving the car its race debut in the Daytona 24 Hours in late January 2018.”
Appreciate 1
3GFX722.50