ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

07-16-2014, 11:48 AM   #1
Jez_zza
Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

F80 Vs F82 - Spanish Magazine

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hi guys,

Just purchased this magazine today and thought that it could interest members of the forum (sorry in Spanish). I have read majority of the reviews so far but never came across a comparison between the M3 F80 and M4
Picture quality isn't great but that's the best I could do with my iPhone
I'll try to work on the translation later today but some of the stats are very interesting.. Only point that I found very surprising is the weight of the M3 F80 Vs E92 .. F80 tested for this review appears to be 3Kg heavier than the E92 !!!

On a separate note, I'm taking delivery of my F80 next week
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2014, 11:58 AM   #2
Dawko
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: :

Garage List
  [0.00]
Great, still in Spain so will be picking it up tomorrow! Thanks for posting.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2014, 12:54 PM   #3
1stm3f80
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 ///M3

Donde esta mi chihuahua?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2014, 03:26 PM   #4
ss134
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

M3 was faster straight line and around the track despite carrying the extra 20kg. Would be great to get this translated......
2009 6MT E90 LCI 335i M -Sport - Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2014, 05:44 PM   #5
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stm3f80 View Post
Donde esta mi chihuahua?
grande cojones!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2014, 05:46 PM   #6
modkrazy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss134 View Post
M3 was faster straight line and around the track despite carrying the extra 20kg. Would be great to get this translated......
They seemed to be having issues with that M4, they mention the brakes didn't function as well. At the end, the M3 mainly took the prize for being more practical with four doors and for having nicer body lines. They even mention they feel the car has potential to get much better times than they managed.

They say the massive amount of torque makes this car feel like a mini-M5, which while a flattering comparison, is not all positive, "because to get the fastest lap times you must disconnect all the electronic nannies and the car is difficult to control without them." They tried MDM and decided it wasn't an adequate solution, and urged their readers to leave DSC well enough alone.

So that probably explains the time discrepancies. Other reviews and new owners on this forum have mentioned the traction control is pretty intrusive.

Only other real criticisms are the car's inferior balance compared to previous M3s leading to worse slalom times (longer wheelbase probably has more to do with this, they even said they didn't really notice the balance issue when driving), and worse sound. And as with most other reviews, those criticisms are forgotten as soon as they get on the road, with the car being "perfectly tuned" to enjoy the road, leaving you feeling very connected and fully in control even when that DSC light is flashing up a storm.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2014, 05:50 PM   #7
ss134
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by modkrazy View Post
They seemed to be having issues with that M4, they mention the brakes didn't function as well. At the end, the M3 mainly took the prize for being more practical with four doors and for having nicer body lines. They even mention they feel the car has potential to get much better times than they managed.

They say the massive amount of torque makes this car feel like a mini-M5, which while a flattering comparison, is not all positive, "because to get the fastest lap times you must disconnect all the electronic nannies and the car is difficult to control without them." They tried MDM and decided it wasn't an adequate solution, and urged their readers to leave DSC well enough alone.

So that probably explains the time discrepancies. Other reviews and new owners on this forum have mentioned the traction control is pretty intrusive.

Only other real criticisms are the car's inferior balance compared to previous M3s leading to worse slalom times (longer wheelbase probably has more to do with this, they even said they didn't really notice the balance issue when driving), and worse sound. And as with most other reviews, those criticisms are forgotten as soon as they get on the road, with the car being "perfectly tuned" to enjoy the road, leaving you feeling very connected and fully in control even when that DSC light is flashing up a storm.
Thank you for taking the time to post this up, much appreciated.
2009 6MT E90 LCI 335i M -Sport - Sold
Appreciate 0