Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

01-28-2018, 02:34 PM   #23
ashmostro
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4cs | 2022 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveCSparty View Post
What's the benefit of this vs the M Performance HAS?
Presumably better damping and the ability to handle a higher spring rate. That's all in theory though until we get more reviews and specs.
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2018, 02:04 AM   #24
XentSS2
Enlisted Member
Singapore
Rep
Drives: Silverstone II F80 M3

Not sure if its going to help you guys...but this is my review.

I went from Stock adaptive suspension --> KW HAS --> KW P&P

the stock adaptive suspension is actually pretty good. However my neighboring country has pretty bad roads, hence often high speed handling has to be coupled with Sports/Sports + suspension mode.

KW HAS

When i changed to the KW HAS, it was pretty alright in the first place. However, i started to spot certain traits. The rebound seems to be faster than the compression, hence when you guys ride over bumps, it feels the car "jumps" bounces back faster. At high speed, it seems fine. Subsequently the rest of the mood carries the traits of the "faster rebound" feel for some reason. Not necessarily a bad thing, just feels weird for me, as if the car's suspension is in "panic" mode. I ended up using Sports/Sports+ mode of suspension, making my "comfortable" mode nearly negligible.

KW P&P

Gosh, this is how the car should behave after its been lowered. The handling characteristics are pretty swift and the modes take on the road smoothly. I often travel on "Brick roads" (feel free to PM me to show u how it looks like) and the comfort mode takes the vibration smoothly. Switching to Sports/Sports+ makes the suspension work harder (faster compression and faster rebound), yet doesnt feel intolerant.

Hope the review helps.
P.S Currently, my car's ride height is at the max setting, with 275/30/20 FRONT and 295/30/20 rear. Feel free to ask for more info, i will try to share what i know.
Attached Images

Last edited by XentSS2; 02-20-2018 at 02:06 AM.. Reason: editing for missing info
Appreciate 4
      02-20-2018, 06:24 AM   #25
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmostro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveCSparty View Post
What's the benefit of this vs the M Performance HAS?
Presumably better damping and the ability to handle a higher spring rate. That's all in theory though until we get more reviews and specs.
M Perf HAS are only springs.

KW DDC is full coilovers suspension.

By doing only springs you are lowering your stock suspension life as it was not designed by default to go lower. KW DDC is essentially just KW V3 but w/ EDC which would help with some occasional track use.
      02-20-2018, 11:14 AM   #26
f8xdct
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 SO M3

subscribed, waiting to have driveway completed b4 deciding. have been waiting on these for a while
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 08:49 PM   #27
clutchdj
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a few cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by XentSS2 View Post

the stock adaptive suspension is actually pretty good. However my neighboring country has pretty bad roads, hence often high speed handling has to be coupled with Sports/Sports + suspension mode.

KW HAS

When i changed to the KW HAS, it was pretty alright in the first place. However, i started to spot certain traits. The rebound seems to be faster than the compression, hence when you guys ride over bumps, it feels the car "jumps" bounces back faster. At high speed, it seems fine. Subsequently the rest of the mood carries the traits of the "faster rebound" feel for some reason. Not necessarily a bad thing, just feels weird for me, as if the car's suspension is in "panic" mode. I ended up using Sports/Sports+ mode of suspension, making my "comfortable" mode nearly negligible.

KW P&P

Gosh, this is how the car should behave after its been lowered. The handling characteristics are pretty swift and the modes take on the road smoothly. I often travel on "Brick roads" (feel free to PM me to show u how it looks like) and the comfort mode takes the vibration smoothly. Switching to Sports/Sports+ makes the suspension work harder (faster compression and faster rebound), yet doesnt feel intolerant.

Hope the review helps.
P.S Currently, my car's ride height is at the max setting, with 275/30/20 FRONT and 295/30/20 rear. Feel free to ask for more info, i will try to share what i know.
Nice car. can you please elaborate on what you mean; the suspension to set to MAX LOW or MAX HIGH? thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2018, 02:23 PM   #28
Yas_sir
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80

Just bumping this thread. Anyone else who have these installed care to share their opinions / reviews ??
Appreciate 1
clutchdj1869.50
      02-27-2018, 08:40 AM   #29
parabmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 m4

Debating btw these and kw CS. Similar price.
May do a few track days.
Daily summer car only.

How would the CS compare to ddc in sport+ for track ?
Appreciate 1
Bon F80127.00
      06-12-2018, 01:19 PM   #30
humpday
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Camber plates? There's been some back and forth about whether camber plates can or cannot be used with the KW DDC.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 01:34 PM   #31
Justin.AutoTalent
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by humpday View Post
Camber plates? There's been some back and forth about whether camber plates can or cannot be used with the KW DDC.
No issues adding Ground Control camber plates to the KW DDC.

We've installed at least 3 or 4 sets with the GC camber plates with KW HLS system added.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2018, 04:04 PM   #32
ashmostro
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4cs | 2022 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.AutoTalent View Post
No issues adding Ground Control camber plates to the KW DDC.

We've installed at least 3 or 4 sets with the GC camber plates with KW HLS system added.
Finally, some reason!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 03:37 AM   #33
Brickologic
Private
Rep
Drives: 1MCoupe M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabmw View Post
Debating btw these and kw CS. Similar price.
May do a few track days.
Daily summer car only.

How would the CS compare to ddc in sport+ for track ?

KW CS 2-way and CS 3-way are using KW racing technology (race springs, race bumpstops, race valves, race piston rods, adjustable topmounts, stiffer spring rates, developed and designed for semi slicks) and more the gadget you buy if you go tracking.

KW DDC p&p is the daily ride suspension for all BMW M4 M3 enthusiasts driving their car 99 % on public roads Winter / Summer - everyday with performance street tyres.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2018, 01:54 PM   #34
Srac
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019MY F82 M4 CP SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by XentSS2 View Post

KW HAS

KW P&P

Hope the review helps.
XentSS2 Thanks for the information. When you say max settings do you mean max low or max high? How do you think it has changed comfort compared to stock? Here we have a lot of "brick" roads too and they are a major PITA.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2018, 10:03 PM   #35
Justin.AutoTalent
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srac View Post
XentSS2 Thanks for the information. When you say max settings do you mean max low or max high? How do you think it has changed comfort compared to stock? Here we have a lot of "brick" roads too and they are a major PITA.
He is stating max height. Drop range is 0.8" - 1.5".

I've never driven on a brick road, however my comparison from stock ride quality versus the DDC, I would say dampening and rebound is improved across the board.

Stock feel a little mushy in the rear, the coils remove that feeling. Each mode is significantly improved over stock - comfort actually feels more comfortable, while sports plus is much more sporty, stiff, and the car just overall feels more planted in turns.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 01:20 PM   #36
ppjev
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

I have installed KW DDC on my F80 today. Moved from KW HAS. There is a problem for me. On its' highest setting, rear of the car is too low. And since I am using my car as a daily, I dont want to lower front to look OK with the rear.

HAS system was set at 50% of its' hight adjustment.

Now I can not use my car at all... since rear tire rub. I am using 285/35 + 10mm spacer. Will never remove that spacer, since car look bad for me. So at the moment, it is a waste of money Not to mention that I dont like that stance, I would go 1cm higher.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2018, 01:48 AM   #37
XentSS2
Enlisted Member
Singapore
Rep
Drives: Silverstone II F80 M3

As what Justin.Autotalent has mentioned, he is right. The rebound/compression has improved for all 3 modes and the car handles like how its supposed to be handled. It eliminates all sorts of weird sluggish feel, the car feels like it reacts faster and acts swifter. feels more compose and planted.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2018, 10:56 AM   #38
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppjev View Post
I have installed KW DDC on my F80 today. Moved from KW HAS. There is a problem for me. On its' highest setting, rear of the car is too low. And since I am using my car as a daily, I dont want to lower front to look OK with the rear.

Now I can not use my car at all... since rear tire rub. I am using 285/35 + 10mm spacer. Will never remove that spacer, since car look bad for me. So at the moment, it is a waste of money Not to mention that I dont like that stance, I would go 1cm higher.
Thats the issue with all the KW coilovers.

The highest setting is too low for most guys who daily the car. Especially all 4 seasons.
Past: Alpine white e46 323i, Jet Black e39 530, Saph Black e60 530, Space Grey N54 e92 335, Mineral White N55 e92 335
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2018, 11:04 AM   #39
ppjev
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
Quote:

The highest setting is too low for most guys who daily the car. Especially all 4 seasons.
I have called KW today, and explained my problem to them. They are sending me another spring, that has same force, but will be longer by 2cm. This should solve the issue. Next week we will see.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2018, 11:11 AM   #40
coldsteelrain
driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 xdrive

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
Quote:

I have called KW today, and explained my problem to them. They are sending me another spring, that has same force, but will be longer by 2cm. This should solve the issue. Next week we will see.
That's good
Hopefully it will fix your issue
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2018, 11:57 AM   #41
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

Quote:
Glad to hear. Pays to live in Europe.
Past: Alpine white e46 323i, Jet Black e39 530, Saph Black e60 530, Space Grey N54 e92 335, Mineral White N55 e92 335
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 01:37 PM   #42
Teeone
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

I was about to pull the trigger on the KW DDC plug and play, but I don't want my rear end lowered too much, whcih several have mentioned. I will contact KW to ask about whether there is an option for a taller rear spring. Does anyone else have any feedback on the lowering aspect? I do not care for a slammed look, but would like to lower the front a bit and the back a very little bit.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2018, 11:41 PM   #43
Alvinized52
@ste4lthedF82
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 SSII

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.AutoTalent View Post
He is stating max height. Drop range is 0.8" - 1.5".

I've never driven on a brick road, however my comparison from stock ride quality versus the DDC, I would say dampening and rebound is improved across the board.

Stock feel a little mushy in the rear, the coils remove that feeling. Each mode is significantly improved over stock - comfort actually feels more comfortable, while sports plus is much more sporty, stiff, and the car just overall feels more planted in turns.
Quote:

Compared to KW HAS... How much lower is the rear? im running 305s on 20’s, will i be rubbing?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2018, 07:47 PM   #44
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvinized52 View Post
Compared to KW HAS... How much lower is the rear? im running 305s on 20’s, will i be rubbing?
It is noticeably lower Alvin.

I rubbed a little even on HAS in my M4, I have rubbed a few times on my M3 w/ barely any change on height wise for my DDC. The rubbing was mainly the road and front wheels but I am on FI-Rs now, my rear isn't 305 anymore.

Although you can definitely ask KW to send you springs to lift the stock height a bit more. I didn't because I went with fatter tires.

KW DDC is most definitely worth it though. It is so much better compared to HAS. The price kind of reflects this but I'm glad I did it.