Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

06-06-2018, 11:59 AM   #1
slaughter.mode
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Competition

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [9.80]
Replacement Parts for MPHAS Kit?

A shop who had to re-install my BMW MPHAS kit forgot to replace the little allen screw that fits in the perch to keep it from moving. They also mangled the perch.

Any suggestions where I can find this? I assume the perch is a similar size to most other coil over perches but I can't seem to find this damn screw anywhere.

Update 6/6/18 > Resolved the screw issue

I ordered this stainless steel hex grub kit on Amazon and it had a screw that fit properly. You can probably also get the KW version of this but I didn't want to guess it.

Update 6/7/18 > Resolved the perch issue
Basically, I'm SOL. The perch is only sold with the kit. Guess I will have to buy a new kit to replace what they damaged.

Last edited by slaughter.mode; 06-07-2018 at 12:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2018, 05:10 PM   #2
knightarmor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Don't know the thread but I'm pretty sure it was just a stainless setscrew with a flat tip. You can get replacements at McMaster https://www.mcmaster.com/#set-screws/=1d66m91

Or if there is a suspension shop near you you can take the car in and they can check it out. Most likely something from KW might work. I'm not planning on having my ride on the lift anytime soon (nor do I have the time!). You def want to get something on these so the perch doesnt spin a bit anytime you're turning the wheel.
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2018, 05:20 PM   #3
slaughter.mode
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightarmor View Post
Don't know the thread but I'm pretty sure it was just a stainless setscrew with a flat tip. You can get replacements at McMaster https://www.mcmaster.com/#set-screws/=1d66m91

Or if there is a suspension shop near you you can take the car in and they can check it out. Most likely something from KW might work. I'm not planning on having my ride on the lift anytime soon (nor do I have the time!). You def want to get something on these so the perch doesnt spin a bit anytime you're turning the wheel.
Yeah, I just went ahead and ordered this.

Last edited by slaughter.mode; 06-06-2018 at 07:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 08:48 PM   #4
SanchoDivine
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

The screw isn't really that critical especially if you dropped the height all the way.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 11:39 AM   #5
slaughter.mode
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoDivine View Post
The screw isn't really that critical especially if you dropped the height all the way.
Yeah I know I didn't want to though I just had no choice because it spins so freely. Still, I just figure it should be present for warranty reasons, etc. BMW dealers in my area are extremely nit picky.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 11:43 AM   #6
SanchoDivine
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by goaty View Post
Quote:
Yeah I know I didn't want to though I just had no choice because it spins so freely. Still, I just figure it should be present for warranty reasons, etc. BMW dealers in my area are extremely nit picky.
The BMW dealer installed mine and left one out. Mine don't spin easily though and I lowered them all the way where they definitely won't spin on their own
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 11:59 AM   #7
slaughter.mode
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [9.80]
Quote:
The BMW dealer installed mine and left one out. Mine don't spin easily though and I lowered them all the way where they definitely won't spin on their own
Interesting, mine spin with minimal effort. I can literally use 3 fingers to grip and turn it either way.
Appreciate 0