ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

07-07-2017, 06:20 PM   #23
smh_amg_m4gts
Faster on 2wheels
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrwrld View Post
How long did you let the bird poop sit on the hood before you washed it? As soon as a bird poop hits my paint I clean it off immediately.
I returned home from a 30 minute drive and washed the car right away. Primarily because I ran through a puddle. Noticed the bird poop during the wash and after the car was dried, there was still a small stain.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2017, 08:12 PM   #24
RandyC54
Salty Middle Aged Dog
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 GTS

Oh HELL no!

1. They committed fraud when they sold you $5000 paint protection. That's actually felony fraud in most states. Matte paint cannot accept "paint protection" and of course it was never applied. Refunding the entire amount should be settlement for you to avoid talking to the police and district attorney.
2. Your insurance adjuster should not even know about this. This is between you and the dealer. They need to get this painted on their dime (if they can find a place that will do it) and hopefully it will not require the whole car to be repainted.
3. There should not be any depreciation on the car, because it should be fixed without going through insurance, meaning that it had BETTER NOT show up on Carfax.
4. Get matte finish Xpel on the front end ASAP. In the future, if you have bird droppings, power wash it off, never rub it.
5. I'm so pissed right now that BMW dealers have become this way. Mine has also in the past few years, but I've spoken to BMW a couple of times about them and they do seem to respond a little better to me these days. I've bought A LOT of cars from them, but have moved mostly to Porsche and MB, sadly. I am enjoying my GTS.
Appreciate 1
minn1914034.50
      07-07-2017, 10:26 PM   #25
BarryB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 30Jahre M5 plus a few more M's

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by smh_amg_m4gts View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Ask for Jeff. He is the mgr and let him know I recommended him. Ask for a tour, well worth it. There is a version on their website, its that good.

We should meet, still have not seen another on the street yet....( despite seeing gt3's almost every day, sorry couldn't resist)
Are you local? I belong to a NorCal M FB group...I can add you.

We meet up on occasion.
Yes On the peninsula. Not on FB......but I know a lot of the folks on there. I'll be at MRLS this tue with the gts and e36
60 Impala (43k orig mi)
15 Turbo S (Kobb tune and Kline exhaust)
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2017, 01:34 AM   #26
smh_amg_m4gts
Faster on 2wheels
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Yes On the peninsula. Not on FB......but I know a lot of the folks on there. I'll be at MRLS this tue with the gts and e36
Awesome! See you there.
Appreciate 1
      07-11-2017, 10:11 AM   #27
RandyC54
Salty Middle Aged Dog
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyC151 View Post

5. I'm so pissed right now that BMW dealers have become this way. Mine has also in the past few years, but I've spoken to BMW a couple of times about them and they do seem to respond a little better to me these days. I've bought A LOT of cars from them, but have moved mostly to Porsche and MB, sadly. I am enjoying my GTS.
Unfortunately, I spoke too soon. My local BMW dealer screwed me again yesterday. They sold me some wheels and tires from a new car that they upgraded the OEM wheels to aftermarket on Friday. I paid for them Friday. I go in yesterday to pick up the car, and as I'm leaving the GM stops me and tells me I can't have them, and instructs the mechanic to take them back off and reinstall my old wheels that my daughter bent two of last week. He said I couldn't have them, and I wasn't leaving with them, and I would get refunded the money. He said they might need them later, and it was bad business for him to do the deal. He was especially dickish about it, which is what I'm most pissed about after having bought more than a dozen M cars from this dealership and way more than $1 million dollars. I'm left with a car that's potentially unsafe, and lost 4 days time that I could have ordered new wheels. I could have made a bigger deal about it, but I relented and will not be buying another BMW anytime soon. (I try not to burn bridges, in case they make that CSL)
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 10:21 AM   #28
PNWM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smh_amg_m4gts View Post
I returned home from a 30 minute drive and washed the car right away. Primarily because I ran through a puddle. Noticed the bird poop during the wash and after the car was dried, there was still a small stain.
Have you tried waxing it? I use Swissvax Opaque (http://www.swissvax.us/merchant.mvc?...ode=MATT-PAINT) and it protects the paint quite well. I also used it on my Frozen Silver M3 for years. It's expensive but works well.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 11:25 AM   #29
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but a non-accident event would not show up on a carfax and diminished value would not apply as long as the paint was done correctly right?

In my opinion, if the paint has a lifetime warranty for color match the car should not face any loss in valuation... well, at least in the case of regular cars at least.
BMW dealers still might see in the service records painted hood and try to strong arm him when he goes to resell it.
Appreciate 1
      07-11-2017, 03:05 PM   #30
shiv.nandak
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C7 Z06, 16' M4 6MT SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4_GTS View Post
It would not show up on carfax.

No idea what a "lifetime warranty for color" is. But any repainted panels on a car can be spotted no matter how well it was done. There's not only color matching, but also the sheen of the frozen clear and the texture that's almost impossible to get 100%. With repaint, bodyshop will wetsand and polish as nothing out of the booth will be perfect (dusts, runs, blending). You just can't do that with frozen paint.
To add to this, i am fairly certain an experienced detailer with an paint thickness gauge can easily tell. As far as i understand, the factory painted sections might be 5-7mil and the repainted sections might be 10+mil.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 10:33 PM   #31
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv.nandak View Post
To add to this, i am fairly certain an experienced detailer with an paint thickness gauge can easily tell. As far as i understand, the factory painted sections might be 5-7mil and the repainted sections might be 10+mil.

All GTS have cf hoods that are hand painted. The car leaves Munich with a regular M4 hood and the GTS hood along with the other GTS parts gets installed in Garching.

I took these pics while I was in Munich and on my way to the M Studio for a private tour. I asked a bunch of questions including how the M4 gets build (transformed) into a GTS.
Attached Images

Last edited by M4_GTS; 07-11-2017 at 10:38 PM..
Appreciate 1
P111572.00
      07-12-2017, 09:42 AM   #32
shiv.nandak
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C7 Z06, 16' M4 6MT SO

Quote:
All GTS have cf hoods that are hand painted. The car leaves Munich with a regular M4 hood and the GTS hood along with the other GTS parts gets installed in Garching.

I took these pics while I was in Munich and on my way to the M Studio for a private tour. I asked a bunch of questions including how the M4 gets build (transformed) into a GTS.
In that case, that makes things a bit easier for the OP Hopefully he hires a lawyer right away instead of getting jerked around by the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2017, 05:39 AM   #33
04RC51
Large Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F82 M4

Quote:

So it was once "just" an M4? And BMW had the audacity to put it on the same carrier as a pedestrian 3/4 Series?

I would've thought they were all hand-built examples with hand-matched internals from the beginning the way some people talk?
      07-21-2017, 11:56 AM   #34
smh_amg_m4gts
Faster on 2wheels
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Whoa!

So what happens to these M hoods? Hood heaven?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2017, 12:49 PM   #35
Captain Unknown GT4
Captain
Rep
Drives: GT4

Why would they handbuild It from scratch? Come on, its a M4 base car thats handbuilt(put together) the last 10-20% or somthing. Like mentioned that last thing is done at garching. Its like Porsche, they take the base cars and aswell turn It to GT3/4 cars etc. Can you Imagine what a car like this would cost If It was 100% Build by hand? Haha, I could never bought It If so

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RC51 View Post
So it was once "just" an M4? And BMW had the audacity to put it on the same carrier as a pedestrian 3/4 Series?

I would've thought they were all hand-built examples with hand-matched internals from the beginning the way some people talk?
Appreciate 1
M4_GTS1152.50
      07-23-2017, 04:07 AM   #36
04RC51
Large Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Unknown GT4 View Post
Why would they handbuild It from scratch? Come on, its a M4 base car thats handbuilt(put together) the last 10-20% or somthing.
Perspective is a great thing to hold on to!
      07-23-2017, 02:33 PM   #37
Mike991M4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4

I would put the stealth xpel on it and call it a day. when you sell or trade it, just leave the xpel on. It will never be seen.
2015 Cayenne Diesel
2017 M4 Competition
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2017, 10:41 AM   #38
smh_amg_m4gts
Faster on 2wheels
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike991M4 View Post
I would put the stealth xpel on it and call it a day. when you sell or trade it, just leave the xpel on. It will never be seen.
Remind me to never buy a used car from you!
Appreciate 1
M4_GTS1152.50
      07-25-2017, 10:54 AM   #39
smh_amg_m4gts
Faster on 2wheels
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv.nandak View Post
In that case, that makes things a bit easier for the OP Hopefully he hires a lawyer right away instead of getting jerked around by the dealer.
It's not worth the $ to hire an attorney...but I will do my best to prevent others from going thru the same ordeal. It really urks me that businesses can get away from shady practices and not be held accountable for them.
Appreciate 1
M4_GTS1152.50