proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

07-21-2017, 06:22 PM   #67
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
I really hope so as well. However the fact that our order hasn?t been accepted by AG yet is kind of worrisome. Hopefully that 12 week lead time for individual paint is from the request date and not from the acceptance date.
It's a 1-2 week lead time, not 12 weeks. If you haven't heard anything come Monday, e-mail individual@bmw.de with your production number and ask if they can confirm the order request and provide a status update. It will take them 48 hours to respond, but they are good about responding.
1-2 week lead time meaning if my production week is tentatively 35 it will only be pushed back to 37? That does seem different however from what I have read has happened to others with individual orders. I was hoping we would know within two weeks (this past Wednesday) but Zayzel on here who is getting the same color did not hear until 3 weeks to the day. I hope to hear early next week (crossing my fingers). I guess Im just worried that BMW will push the production week by more than 5 weeks (week 40 seems like the last possible week before we would get there) which will mean our ED date will get denied
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2017, 06:30 PM   #68
TonySCV
Captain
Rep
Drives: '18 M2; '21 X6 M50i

Quote:
1-2 week lead time meaning if my production week is tentatively 35 it will only be pushed back to 37? That does seem different however from what I have red has happened to others with individual orders. I was hoping we would know within two weeks (this past Wednesday) but Zayzel on here who is getting the same color did not hear until 3 weeks to the day. I hope to hear early next week (crossing my fingers). I guess I?m just worried that BMW will push the production week by more than 5 weeks (week 40 seems like the last possible week before we would get there) which will mean our ED date will get denied
I would still e-mail and ask for a general status update. You may be pleasantly surprised at the response. Can't hurt. Mine went from week 27 to 33 IIRC. There was the initial delay to week 29 while the request was processing, then a follow on delay to 33 when it was approved. The move from 27 to 29 was a manual one because the existing allocation was getting close to being built as-is, so they delayed it to be sure they had time to get the color changed and approved.
Appreciate 1
Thescout134944.00
      07-21-2017, 06:32 PM   #69
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
1-2 week lead time meaning if my production week is tentatively 35 it will only be pushed back to 37? That does seem different however from what I have red has happened to others with individual orders. I was hoping we would know within two weeks (this past Wednesday) but Zayzel on here who is getting the same color did not hear until 3 weeks to the day. I hope to hear early next week (crossing my fingers). I guess I?m just worried that BMW will push the production week by more than 5 weeks (week 40 seems like the last possible week before we would get there) which will mean our ED date will get denied
I would still e-mail and ask for a general status update. You may be pleasantly surprised at the response. Can't hurt. Mine went from week 27 to 33 IIRC.
Yeah it is that five week jump that I am worried about. If we want October 9 and the production week eta is pushed back to week 40, I believe that week ends on the 8th. Unlikely BMW would let us do ED a day after production was to be completed. At least I would suppose it is.

However if its only a 3-4 week jump that would be better.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2017, 12:23 PM   #70
JTK24
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTK24 View Post
Just FYI I called again today (I guess I plan on calling every friday ) and as usual the BMW Genius rep was very nice. He mentioned to me that my car was scheduled to start production yesterday but for whatever reason it did not. He said it still showed as production completing week 33 (he said PW was when production finishes like the Ordering Sticky on the forum does, whereas my previous rep said my car was scheduled to start on PW 33).

So, no real update since last week but interesting that it was supposed to start production but didnt.

Here's to hoping you get your earlier ED date!

So my CA emailed me an updated VIR.
It is a new page I havent seen before.
At the top it says "Vehicle Inquiry: Status"

The top half is the same as the VIR (showing Prod No., Status, Model, Sub Notes, etc.)

Instead of the bottom section being the pricing, it shows the Order status list.

It shows all the possible status codes and whether or not my order has reached them yet.
It shows date and time of the status if my order reached it.

so it shows (only showing relevant status codes):

102 Special request order rec. -AG 6/30/17
111 Order Accepted at AG 7/10/17
112 Scheduled for daily production pack 7/19/17

Then on the right it says:

Production Dates: [Yr/Mo/Wk]
Quota [Yr/Mo] 2017/07
Req. Prod: 2017/07/28
Sub. Req. Prod: 2017/08/33
Conf. Prod: 2017/08/33

Est. Prod. Date [Mo/Da/Yr]: (this is blank)
Act. Prod. Date: [Mo/Da/Yr]: (this is blank)

So I am guessing this means my original production week was 28. Then maybe my Individual paint request pushed it to 33 as the Genius Reps have been telling me. It hasnt officially begun production so I am assuming that's why the Est. and Act. production date are blank.
Hope this helps anyone.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2017, 04:41 PM   #71
TonySCV
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTK24 View Post
So my CA emailed me an updated VIR.

Then on the right it says:

Production Dates: [Yr/Mo/Wk]
Quota [Yr/Mo] 2017/07
Req. Prod: 2017/07/28
Sub. Req. Prod: 2017/08/33
Conf. Prod: 2017/08/33

Est. Prod. Date [Mo/Da/Yr]: (this is blank)
Act. Prod. Date: [Mo/Da/Yr]: (this is blank)

So I am guessing this means my original production week was 28. Then maybe my Individual paint request pushed it to 33 as the Genius Reps have been telling me. It hasnt officially begun production so I am assuming that's why the Est. and Act. production date are blank.
Hope this helps anyone.
Good info. Yes, 112 is the status you'll have before production starts. That means everything is ready to go with your order and production can begin when the factory is ready.

Quota is when the allocation was issued. Requested Production was the original production date prior to modification. Subsequent Requested production is the revised date once the special order request was submitted. Confirmed Production date was set when the order was approved and put into 111 or 112 status (I'm not exactly sure which).

Week 33 is the week production is scheduled to END, not start, so your vehicle should begin production next week or the week after at the latest, as it takes roughly 2 weeks to produce. Week 33 is also my production end date, so our cars will be built around the same time.
Appreciate 2
Thescout134944.00
JTK24121.00
      07-24-2017, 10:07 PM   #72
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

07/24/17: European Delivery welcome packet came in the mail today. Federal Express 2 day shipping. Weird that it came before color and ED date approved but maybe it?s normal
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 09:44 AM   #73
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Still nothing on our individual color. Still at 102. I and my dealer have tried contacting every single person possible from the ED dept to the individual department at BMW NA to the one in Germany. All have given the same answer - still at 102, we do not know when the factory will change it to 112 and have no idea how long it will take.

We are going on four weeks now. The one positive is that the ED department did tell me that October 9 was completely open, so god forbid there is a further delay and we cannot get our dates, we could always just switch to a standard color to make our ED date.

Sucks, but so is life with individual orders. Will keep everyone updated.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 04:23 PM   #74
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

08/01/2017: At just close to four weeks since we put in our request for Atlantis Blue Metallic we find out from the factory that we will not be able to meet our requested ED date (10/9). Since we got round trip flights on American Airlines (with upgraded legroom) for $890 from LAX for our desired date and because we did not want to have to deal with winter tires and really could not do ED any time until the Spring (and do not want to wait), we decided to save some money and not do the individual color this time around and change to a standard color. New color requested is Yas Marina Blue (wife's second favorite choice). The ladies at BMW ED and BMW NA Individual are handling the change over and we should have our ED date confirmed tomorrow for a morning pickup on the 9th of October.

Current game plan is: Munich -> Berchtesgaden (as a home base to explore Salzburg and the Alps) -> Rothenburg ob der Tauber -> Lucerne -> Zurich (fly home).

Hotels are:
Munich - Hilton Munich Park Hotel
Berchtesgaden - Best Western Plus Berghotel Rehlegg
Rothenburg - Villa Mittermeier Hotel & Restaurant
Lucerne - Hotel Des Balances
Zurich - Glockenhof Zürich

Any thoughts on these hotels?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 07:54 PM   #75
rakusak
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82, F15, F80

Quote:
08/01/2017: At just close to four weeks since we put in our request for Atlantis Blue Metallic we find out from the factory that we will not be able to meet our requested ED date (10/9). Since we got round trip flights on American Airlines (with upgraded legroom) for $890 from LAX for our desired date and because we did not want to have to deal with winter tires and really could not do ED any time until the Spring (and do not want to wait), we decided to save some money and not do the individual color this time around and change to a standard color. New color requested is Yas Marina Blue (wife's second favorite choice). The ladies at BMW ED and BMW NA Individual are handling the change over and we should have our ED date confirmed tomorrow for a morning pickup on the 9th of October.

Current game plan is: Munich -> Berchtesgaden (as a home base to explore Salzburg and the Alps) -> Rothenburg ob der Tauber -> Lucerne -> Zurich (fly home).

Hotels are:

Nice, I think you're gonna like Yas. That's what Ive ordered... so maybe I'm biased...

It was between Tanz and Yas for me and Yas won in the end...and not because it's less expensive. (I pretty much checked every other box including CCB's).
Appreciate 1
Thescout134944.00
      08-02-2017, 07:55 PM   #76
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusak View Post
Quote:

Hotels are:

Nice, I think you're gonna like Yas. That's what Ive ordered... so maybe I'm biased...

It was between Tanz and Yas for me and Yas won in the end...and not because it's less expensive. (I pretty much checked every other box including CCB's).
Yeah it is a pretty color and I think we will be happy! Thanks man! And congrats on your order.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 10:59 PM   #77
TonySCV
Captain
Rep

I'd take the Germany trip, rent an M3/4, ditch ED, and get Atlantis Blue, but that's just me.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 11:00 PM   #78
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'd take the Germany trip, rent an M3/4, ditch ED, and get Atlantis Blue, but that's just me.
Haha thanks Tony! I wish we could, but we have to be a bit more practical and this will leave room for more Track Days and autocross events.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2017, 10:09 AM   #79
TonySCV
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Haha thanks Tony! I wish we could, but we have to be a bit more practical and this will leave room for more Track Days and autocross events.
Well alright . Enjoy the experience. Germany is a great country to explore.
Appreciate 1
Thescout134944.00
      08-03-2017, 10:59 AM   #80
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

08/03/2017: Had the opportunity to speak with the individual in charge of VIP Individual Ordering today for BMW NA. She let me know that they have begun the process to change over our special order to the YMB color. However, she did let me know that for the last week or so they have been having an issue with the system in that it will not update or change status for certain people with individual orders. She stated that they currently have IT Support working on the issue (they believe it is a software glitch) and should have it resolved tomorrow. She stated that my order was not the only one with issues. If there is anyone else out there who has a problem with their individual order, or hearing back about approval, it could be because of this.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2017, 01:44 PM   #81
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

08/08/2017: Finally got confirmation that status went to 111 and then finally changed to 112 today, scheduled for production. Week 35 is the production week. Our 10/9 date has been reserved for ED according to BMW ED Department, now they are just waiting to hear back from the Welt re pick up time before sending us the final confirmation. Long road to here, have less hair on my head now. On the bright side, BMW customer service has been superb.
Appreciate 1
JTK24121.00
      08-09-2017, 02:11 PM   #82
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

08/09/2017: Received email that our ED date is confirmed for October 9, 2017. We have a 9:20am pick up time. Also made reservation for the factory tour that day at 11:45am and made our reservation for the airport pickup. The reservation form has a 7 series picking us up. Asked dealer to go ahead and lock in our rates this month and inquired about the purchase order and passport copies deadline. Status still 112.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2017, 02:54 PM   #83
Zermatt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

I placed my 2018 individual M3 (Tanzanite) order with my SA back in April with a requested delivery date of July 28 to coincide with a family reunion in Europe that week.

Months later, however I was told the earliest ED date they could do was Sep 1. After having my planned vacation already booked for 20 July - 13 August I reluctantly accepted modified/shortened my July family reunion trip and made plans for a 2nd trip to pick up my M3.

Now I come to find out my M3 is now completed with a production date of Aug 5.

I've been requesting an earlier pick up date at Welt but so far have been denied.

Had anyone ever have any luck with advancing the ED date ie when it's been possible. I find it hard to believe that they need 4wks to transport the car from the Regensberg plant to Munich Welt and prep the car for the customer ED appointment.

Also, has anyone picked up their individual M3 already or have an Aug ED delivery date?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2017, 02:58 PM   #84
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zermatt View Post
I placed my 2018 individual M3 (Tanzanite) order with my SA back in April with a requested delivery date of July 28 to coincide with a family reunion in Europe that week.

Months later, however I was told the earliest ED date they could do was Sep 1. After having my planned vacation already booked for 20 July - 13 August I reluctantly accepted modified/shortened my July family reunion trip and made plans for a 2nd trip to pick up my M3.

Now I come to find out my M3 is now completed with a production date of Aug 5.

I've been requesting an earlier pick up date at Welt but so far have been denied.

Had anyone ever have any luck with advancing the ED date ie when it's been possible. I find it hard to believe that they need 4wks to transport the car from the Regensberg plant to Munich Welt and prep the car for the customer ED appointment.

Also, has anyone picked up their individual M3 already or have an Aug ED delivery date?
So far no one I know from the US has picked up their M3 for ED yet, but maybe.

As for the ED Date being moved, you can always call BMW ED Department and ask them if it is possible. Their number will be in your ED packet you received. They are very helpful and pulled some strings for me to get the ED date I wanted. I am sure it is possible to push up your delivery date if there is availability.

But then again, maybe September 1 is the hard cut off date? Not sure. Try posting your question here - http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1400505 or here - http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1388778 or here - http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1406705
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2017, 03:41 PM   #85
Parabolica
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 M3 ZCP 6MT

Before I changed my interior colour to individual, I had an ED date scheduled for sept 5 and was told that was the earliest date available. This was about 4 weeks ago.
Appreciate 1
Thescout134944.00
      08-10-2017, 11:28 AM   #86
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

08/10/2017: Car went into production today! Status: 150 - Production Started. Looking forward to tracking it along the way. Got the VIN but car does not show up online yet.
Appreciate 2
GrussGott18180.50
RowanBuds1707.00
      08-12-2017, 08:52 PM   #87
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

08/12/2017: Car finally shows on MyBMW in my account. Still shows as "BMW 0" and that it began production but color and interior is right. NOTE: for those who have not done this before, when you add your vin it will then asks you if you are the owner or not (select the appropriate action), then it asks you the day you purchased it (i haven't yet as its an ED, so I put in my production date) and how many miles (I put 0). Once those are answered it will show up on your account.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 05:05 PM   #88
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

08/15/2017: Dealer called and asked for our passports, driver's licenses, and asked us to come in and sign the purchase order to submit them to the ED department. We went in and signed the purchase order and the accompanying paperwork. Our signature needs to match exactly to the signature in our passport for the documents. The accompanying paperwork includes some German pick up stuff etc. We also were able to put our drop off location (Zurich) on the purchase order to let them know ahead of time. Our updated VIR now reflects our collection day and time for 10/9 at 9:20am. Our MyBMW page still has not updated. Car still in at status 150.
Appreciate 0