proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

04-13-2018, 06:36 PM   #1
Aces101
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

OSSDesign lights?

Has anyone who's had OSSDesign lights on their m4 experience any issues with them? such as electrical issues or something to the car? Are they reliable?

I'm interested in getting a pair of them; i've emailed their sales team about month and a half ago and i havent gotten a response from them yet, does it normally take this long? I live in Florida and don't mind driving down to Miami to get the job done.. Will these lights also void maintenance warranty?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 11:49 PM   #2
Sinnakle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 SO M4

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
They shouldn't void warranty but if there is anything related they might now work on them. It's a modified stock part. The guys with good reps like OSS, Bayoptiks, OneEighty will usually help you out if there is a issue. In most cases that would be a reseal or a new set if your under there warranty time.

Just need to keep a eye on potential hazing in the first 30days. I had my lights done by OneEighty on my 370z acutally driving to their shop to wait. I never had any issues with the lights at all.

the process to open F8x lights I think is different, but hazing is still the main area of concern to look for.

Overall if you go with the reputable shops here on the forums you should be fine. They've been doing lights for years in most cases.

If there is a maintenance issue related to your lights it shouldn't be too expensive to fix on your own or at 3rd part shop.
Appreciate 1
4everkidd645.50
      04-14-2018, 10:48 PM   #3
Aces101
Rep

Thanks for the reassurance, ill definitely try and get them done on my car, hopefully OSSDesigns responds to my email!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 10:02 PM   #4
AW M4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 ///M4

OSS is legit. Been around since the e46 days customizing cars and headlights!
      04-18-2018, 07:18 PM   #5
Aces101
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW M4 View Post
OSS is legit. Been around since the e46 days customizing cars and headlights!
Do you know if they are still in business? I've sent them an email a while ago (almost coming up to 2months) and they haven't responded yet.. And i also see people trying to buy OSSDesign lights from other users here on the forums rather then going directly to them.. So are they still in business? Or does it take that long to get into contact with them? I would use other people but the whole dismounting my headlights and shipping it to another state is kinda a hassle, and i already live in south florida so yeah... If anyone knows how to contact them hit me up!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2018, 09:32 PM   #6
M-Attack
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces101 View Post
Has anyone who's had OSSDesign lights on their m4 experience any issues with them? such as electrical issues or something to the car? Are they reliable?

I'm interested in getting a pair of them; i've emailed their sales team about month and a half ago and i havent gotten a response from them yet, does it normally take this long? I live in Florida and don't mind driving down to Miami to get the job done.. Will these lights also void maintenance warranty?
Luis at OSS did mine on the F02 when I was still living in Miami. He cured my desire to have aftermarket headlights ever again. They look cool as hell, I give that much. I'm sure he got better since the early days, but no thank you. I can't speak for the other companies, but ppl seem to run into issues frequently.
      04-20-2018, 12:10 AM   #7
M4YHEM
hokage
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

OSS here they are hard to get through sometimes even with that big storm that hit them put them a down a little.
Attached Images

04-20-2018, 12:37 PM   #8
4everkidd
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 AY M3

Can someone with OSS take a picture of the seal on the lights? I've heard they butcher them while separating but the pics I've seen online look very well done.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2018, 04:55 PM   #9
Aces101
Rep

Yeah its been almost 2months since i’ve emailed them, no response. Im tempted to drive to their address to see if i can schedule an appointment if they are there but its kinda of a far drive to take a shot in the dark. Im tempted to just buy a pair of ossdesign headlights from someone on the forums (if there any avaliable).. or use bayoptik..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2018, 10:03 AM   #10
4everkidd
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 AY M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces101 View Post
Yeah its been almost 2months since i’ve emailed them, no response. Im tempted to drive to their address to see if i can schedule an appointment if they are there but its kinda of a far drive to take a shot in the dark. Im tempted to just buy a pair of ossdesign headlights from someone on the forums (if there any avaliable).. or use bayoptik..
I've heard good things about Bayoptik...
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2018, 07:33 PM   #11
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

I’d take my money elsewhere or call them. If you’re having a hard time getting in touch now, imagine if you need service.
Appreciate 0