Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

05-23-2018, 02:49 PM   #67
JmikeMillz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3, 2022 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
The numbers are in the screenshot of the email from them. Lowest I have seen posted is low $800s per mo. I don't want to drop $750 a mo on any car so I will just buy used then.
What kind of M4 caliber used car are looking at for under $750/mo? Genuinely curious.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 02:51 PM   #68
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmikeMillz View Post
Quote:
The numbers are in the screenshot of the email from them. Lowest I have seen posted is low $800s per mo. I don't want to drop $750 a mo on any car so I will just buy used then.
What kind of M4 caliber used car are looking at for under $750/mo? Genuinely curious.
No kidding, the used purchased monthly is probably going to cost more than leasing.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 10:04 AM   #69
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

A used car purchase (or any car purchase for that matter) needs to be analyzed differently when comparing monthly cost to a lease. The monthly lease cost is fixed for the term of the lease and then you turn the car back in. For a purchase, the net cost should be calculated as initial buy price less eventual sell price over the number of months of ownership. The actual monthly payment on the loan is irrelevant as that is just a function of the amount borrowed and interest rate.

Last edited by gatorfast; 05-24-2018 at 10:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 10:34 AM   #70
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
A used car purchase (or any car purchase for that matter) needs to be analyzed differently when comparing monthly cost to a lease. The monthly lease cost is fixed fixed for the term of the lease and then you turn the car back in. For a purchase, the net cost should be calculated as initial buy price less eventual sell price over the number of months of ownership. The actual monthly payment on the loan is irrelevant as that is just a function of the amount borrowed and interest rate.
Agreed. The OP is too fixated on the monthly. He's also very uncooperative and defensive when we try and help him.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 1
SakhirM410783.00
      05-26-2018, 11:19 AM   #71
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Quote:
Yes, C6 Z06. Also, reread. I sold the car.

What does it need for 11s? You guys must not like your M4
Quote:
Didn't say sub 11.0. Didn't say only straight line, but if I keep the Miata I don't need a corner carver as badly. Considering the fact that the cars I'm looking at are in the low 50s tops, $90k is not in my budget.
look, i hate getting into semantics arguments and almost always let this stuff go. but in this case it just looks to me like you're not really communicating clearly with your responders, and we're not going to give you the advice you're looking for.

you said 11 seconds or better. so why wouldn't people think that ideally you want sub 11.0? and then you say your main concern is straight line speed. which yeah, isn't precisely the same thing as ONLY straight line, but given the absence of any other stated factors, will be the only factor we will focus on.

and then you laugh at why no one seems to recommend the M4. because yeah, just for the factors stated in the OP, doesn't seem to be the car for you. but if you have any other buying factors, i'd recommend you state them as well so people can take that into account.

btw i did what you told me to and re-read the post 5 times. i can't find anywhere where you said you sold the Z06
Good job pegging this thread on page 1.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 05:27 PM   #72
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
So today I went to drive several cars.

First, it was a BMW M4. I wish the HUD was nicer & more involved. E60 M5 had a great HUD. The Logic 7 stereo was garbage. So, if there wasn't an option for better stereo from the factory, the M4 is out. Other than that, the car was a blast to drive.

Next, I was off to drive a '12 CTS-V & 2016 Camaro SS. Drove the Camaro & could not get into a comfy seating position no matter what. Also, don't like the vents down low. I drove it in comfort & track modes. Track mode made the car a huge rattle trap. So Camaro is out. If the ZL1 has the same seats, it's also out. Then I asked to drive the V & was told just took an out of state deposit on it. LOL yea right. Too lazy to pull from showroom.

Then I was off to check out an F-Type. Get there & car is not on the lot & no employees to be found. I was told via email right before I left that they had it. **** that place.

Next up was a Charger Scat Pack. Again, they know I'm coming. Oh, it was just sold. **** you too. So I walk over to the Dodge dealer to check out a Hellcat & they are super busy & am told someone will be with me. No one ever was. I walked out.

Now I'm off to see a 2016 S3 that I verified was there. ANother ******* dealer with "We just sold it" bs! Come on, this is not how you treat people. Stop lying about cars being available. GFY.

Then I checked out a '17 Mustang GT Convertible. Cooled seats! I hope what I get next has them. I love em. I liked it a lot more than the Camaro. I kept the top up. Shaker stereo seems good, but that has to be tested with top down to be sure. Didn't seem like Ford wanted to make it easy to select where you want your AC/heat air coming from. I enjoyed driving it. Tried it in track & sport & comfort or whatever it was. Rode nice in all 3. Exhaust note FTW in track mode. I would have to do something with all that silver trim around the vents along the dash. That needs to be Carbon fiber or something.

Finally, off to Audi to drive a 2016 S7 & a new S3. Not sure which I had more fun driving, the M4 or the S7. S7 wins on torque & interior I believe. I don't like how every manufacturer seems to be slapping these app/nav screens in the middle of th dash with no way to retract or move it. Audi screens go into the dash. Point for Audi! The S3 was super fun to toss around and the exhaust note in dynamic mode was bitchin'. I'm also loving the auto rev matching these new cars have. Obviously, the S7 wins on interior vs S3, but I feel the S3 interior is way too cheap for what you're paying. Bland & desolate dash looks like the cheap plastic dash in my Jetta. Put the S7 interior in the S3 & you have a winner. I believe the S3 is FWD based AWD, though. Bleh... I didn't get a chance to see if the stereo is any good. I"m going to have to look up specs on the other S cars to see how they compare performance wise. Might save me some money.

Still need to drive a C7 Vette again & Hellcat again. Once I drive them, I'll know if I'm still in big HP half the year toy mode or time for a really nice fast DD like the S7.

Also, new cars are too damn big & you know you're in a land yacht while driving one! Ugh...
Appreciate 1
      05-26-2018, 05:43 PM   #73
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 Nissan Z

Quote:

First, it was a BMW M4. I wish the HUD was nicer & more involved. E60 M5 had a great HUD. The Logic 7 stereo was garbage. So, if there wasn't an option for better stereo from the factory, the M4 is out. Other than that, the car was a blast to drive.

Next, I was off to drive a '12 CTS-V & 2016 Camaro SS. Drove the Camaro & could not get into a comfy seating position no matter what. Also, don't like the vents down low. I drove it in comfort & track modes. Track mode made the car a huge rattle trap. So Camaro is out. If the ZL1 has the same seats, it's also out. Then I asked to drive the V & was told just took an out of state deposit on it. LOL yea right. Too lazy to pull from showroom.

Then I was off to check out an F-Type. Get there & car is not on the lot & no employees to be found. I was told via email right before I left that they had it. **** that place.

Next up was a Charger Scat Pack. Again, they know I'm coming. Oh, it was just sold. **** you too. So I walk over to the Dodge dealer to check out a Hellcat & they are super busy & am told someone will be with me. No one ever was. I walked out.

Now I'm off to see a 2016 S3 that I verified was there. ANother ******* dealer with "We just sold it" bs! Come on, this is not how you treat people. Stop lying about cars being available. GFY.

Then I checked out a '17 Mustang GT Convertible. Cooled seats! I hope what I get next has them. I love em. I liked it a lot more than the Camaro. I kept the top up. Shaker stereo seems good, but that has to be tested with top down to be sure. Didn't seem like Ford wanted to make it easy to select where you want your AC/heat air coming from. I enjoyed driving it. Tried it in track & sport & comfort or whatever it was. Rode nice in all 3. Exhaust note FTW in track mode. I would have to do something with all that silver trim around the vents along the dash. That needs to be Carbon fiber or something.

Finally, off to Audi to drive a 2016 S7 & a new S3. Not sure which I had more fun driving, the M4 or the S7. S7 wins on torque & interior I believe. I don't like how every manufacturer seems to be slapping these app/nav screens in the middle of th dash with no way to retract or move it. Audi screens go into the dash. Point for Audi! The S3 was super fun to toss around and the exhaust note in dynamic mode was bitchin'. I'm also loving the auto rev matching these new cars have. Obviously, the S7 wins on interior vs S3, but I feel the S3 interior is way too cheap for what you're paying. Bland & desolate dash looks like the cheap plastic dash in my Jetta. Put the S7 interior in the S3 & you have a winner. I believe the S3 is FWD based AWD, though. Bleh... I didn't get a chance to see if the stereo is any good. I"m going to have to look up specs on the other S cars to see how they compare performance wise. Might save me some money.

Still need to drive a C7 Vette again & Hellcat again. Once I drive them, I'll know if I'm still in big HP half the year toy mode or time for a really nice fast DD like the S7.

Also, new cars are too damn big & you know you're in a land yacht while driving one! Ugh...
Try the RS3 if you kina liked the S3 and you will be blown away by the power, proper Quattro system, superb Bang & Olufsen sound system with 705 watts, and an intoxicating exhaust note coming from that 2.5 litre inline 5 engine and the RS Sports Exhaust.

Last edited by Super Spartan; 05-26-2018 at 06:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 06:02 PM   #74
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy Phoenix View Post
Try the RS3 if you kina liked the S3 and you will be blown away by the power, proper Quattro system, superb Bang & Olufsen sound system with 705 watts, and an intoxicating exhaust note coming from that 2.5 lite inline 5 engine and the RS Sports Exhaust.
Yea, but that $60k price tag. Ugh
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 07:07 PM   #75
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

Quote:

Now it seems your most important criteria is the stereo system - you're all over the map lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 07:22 PM   #76
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
Now it seems your most important criteria is the stereo system - you're all over the map lol.

And complaint about $60k cost of rs3

Maybe OP is just setting up to explain to us why a $30k used mustang GT is the way to go
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 07:39 PM   #77
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post

And complaint about $60k cost of rs3

Maybe OP is just setting up to explain to us why a $30k used mustang GT is the way to go
Or maybe you're a troll. If you can't add anything of value, keep it moving.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 07:40 PM   #78
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
Sorry, I enjoy my tunes. That's half the fun of driving. So is the Logic 7 system it or was there another option or upgrade? Maybe I missed a settings section for it?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 07:44 PM   #79
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Sorry, I enjoy my tunes. That's half the fun of driving. So is the Logic 7 system it or was there another option or upgrade? Maybe I missed a settings section for it?
The settings for the stereo, including EQ settings and Logic 7 are in the iDrive.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 07:54 PM   #80
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
The settings for the stereo, including EQ settings and Logic 7 are in the iDrive.
Right, I played with 1 screen for stereo settings. So if that was it, then I guess I didn't miss any.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 08:01 PM   #81
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Right, I played with 1 screen for stereo settings. So if that was it, then I guess I didn't miss any.
There are three screens.
- Balance, Treble, Bass, etc.
- Equalizer
- Volume settings
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 09:11 PM   #82
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Or maybe you're a troll. If you can't add anything of value, keep it moving.
It's valuable to keep the pricing in mind.. m4 is in the $60k range and if you liked the s3 but balked at the $60k for the better version (rs3) the answers to your thread's title is "no"
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2018, 12:42 AM   #83
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
It's valuable to keep the pricing in mind.. m4 is in the $60k range and if you liked the s3 but balked at the $60k for the better version (rs3) the answers to your thread's title is "no"
+1
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2018, 04:17 AM   #84
ZoneLaps
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
The Logic 7 is the best offered. It is the definition of mediocre/meh. You can improve it to about a 7/10 if you replace the speakers and subs with plug and play Bavsound, but additional improvement beyond that is not easy. But fwiw, I also think that the B&O in Audi 5-series is barely above mediocre. Not sure on their other series.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2018, 05:45 AM   #85
TheElementalCashew
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 ZL1

Quote:

The ZL1 has different seats than the SS, for the record.
Appreciate 1
      05-27-2018, 08:43 AM   #86
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No, many M4s for sale well below $60k
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 04:05 PM   #87
Bdiesel570
Rep
Drives: 2021 X4MC

I just bought a 2015 M4 F83 with everything but the Comp package.

Best car I have ever driven, Harmon Kardon sounds fantastic. 48k miles I got it for 41k

She handles like a dream, is plenty fast for my DD needs.

Best car I have ever owned. Super pleased. I am staying in the family from now on. Probably gonna lease in the future but for now I bought this 1.

I haven't came from anything to fancy, 2009 Mazdaspeed 3, 50th anniversary RX-8, Audi A4.

This is lightyears ahead of those for me!
Appreciate 1